What's new

Tribal leaders order gang rape of Indian girl: When will the men stand up?

Zeeshan S.

Reaction score
“We are living in a male dominated world.”

This statement has never felt as humiliating as it does today, when I am reading the news of a village council ordering the gang rape of an Indian village woman, as a form of punishment, who was suspected of having a love affair with a Muslim from a neighbouring village.

Hurts, right?

The incident which was reported to have happened on Tuesday was a result of the girl’s family’s inability to pay Rs25, 000 as a fine, for the said ‘crime’.

The news numbed me and for the first time in many years, I am at an extreme loss of words but have a burning desire to write what I am feeling at the moment.

But where do I start from?

Should I write about how painful it must have been for a father to see his daughter being gang-raped in front of the whole village because he didn’t have enough money to save his daughter?

Or should I write about the horrendous way a girl was treated by the members of same clan, by the people following the same religion, by the people she probably grew up in front of? People she knew her whole life?

Maybe I should write about the dire cost we, the people living in subcontinent, are paying because of the extreme lack of education.

There is so much to write about but this time the details are not my concern. I am not going to write about the hows and the whys, I am going to write to express my anger and to calm my fiery sense of right and wrong. I am going to raise my voice against such an act of disgust and injustice.

For whatever its worth, the deed has been done, by the keepers of law, by the tribal leaders in the name of justice. But the thing that hurts the most is the blind dedication with which people follow the decisions of their tribal leaders.

Was there not a single soul brave present to challenge the decision, who could have stood against such a heinous punishment?

I agree that the elders or ‘panch’ have their importance in the tribal or caste system. In some tribes, the chieftain has sole control of the tribe’s resources and is the one who rewards the tribesmen with bread and money for their services. He is the one who decides who lives and who is exiled but the fact that people can witness a daughter, a sister, a niece or a friend getting raped with no consciousness whatsoever is beyond me.

It makes me feel hopeless about the illiterate people living in South Asia, who, unfortunately, constitute as the majority of the population.

What have we become?

Is this the method we’re opting for punishing women or is it a way to fulfil our monstrous unfulfilled desires? Is this the way we are choosing to gain cheap sexual gratification? To get rid of our sexual frustrations in the name of law, in order to teach a haunting lesson to the current generations and the generations to come?

What happened in West Bengal, will happen again.

What happened in that small village, where this girl was so brutally deprived of her dignity as a woman, can be happening around us right now.

Like I said earlier, I will not be writing about the hows and the whys. I will be writing about the whens. The question is when will we, the superior sex, stop misusing our physical dominance and treat women as they deserve?

When will we, the masters of women, be strong enough to save a girl from falling apart like this?

Will we ever find within us the ability to treat the fairer sex as humans are supposed to be treated or will we look the other way and be oblivious because it is not happening to us and hence, let the powerful do whatever they want to do in their little village far away?

Wake up!

It is happening around you as we speak.

If we don’t nip the bud now, it can and will happen again!

Now it is outside your doorsteps. Tomorrow it might happen inside our doors.

So wake up, you educated fools; karma is a friend to no one. Today you will turn a blind eye to it; tomorrow it will come bite you. Wake up…

Tribal leaders order gang rape of Indian girl: When will the men stand up? – The Express Tribune Blog

Wake up!

It is happening around you as we speak.

If we don’t nip the bud now, it can and will happen again!

Now it is outside your doorsteps. Tomorrow it might happen inside our doors.

So wake up, you educated fools; karma is a friend to no one. Today you will turn a blind eye to it; tomorrow it will come bite you. Wake up…

Tribal leaders order gang rape of Indian girl: When will the men stand up? – The Express Tribune Blog

Except, this has probably been happening for centuries, and we are catching it now, because there is more media coverage. This whole story except the girl and the guy, are filled with brainless retards, I don't even know what to say.

You had a couple of years ago, three Muslim girls killed in a short span of time by their own Mothers for falling in love with Hindu Men. So you see Women, participating in the same system as well.

Then you have politicians themselves who are sympathetic to the viewpoint.

Hell, even in PDF from some members I hardly hear any enlightened opinion about status of Women.

Is this any surprise?

Except, this has probably been happening for centuries, and we are catching it now, because there is more media coverage. This whole story except the girl and the guy, are filled with brainless retards, I don't even know what to say.

You had a couple of years ago, three Muslim girls killed in a short span of time by their own Mothers for falling in love with Hindu Men. So you see Women, participating in the same system as well.

Then you have politicians themselves who are sympathetic to the viewpoint.

Hell, even in PDF from some members I hardly hear any enlightened opinion about status of Women.

Is this any surprise?

This HAS been happening for centuries. The west was right, their civilization is superior. No point in sayings 'rapes happen there too'. They could at least acknowledge it.

This HAS been happening for centuries. The west was right, their civilization is superior. No point in sayings 'rapes happen there too'. They could at least acknowledge it.

There are female infanticides in several states. The act itself is an acknowledgement of how they view Women, nothing more as burden.

There was an interview done in Haryana. One of the Men, in his 40's, could not find a wife, (because there are hardly any Women left in his village).

He said that he plans to import a girl to share it with his brothers and him. When asked, what if you had a girl child, he said he will abort her.

This is the sort of stupidity we are dealing with.

There are female infanticides in several states. The act itself is an acknowledgement of how they view Women, nothing more as burden.

There was an interview done in Haryana. One of the Men, in his 40's, could not find a wife, (because there are hardly any Women left in his village).

He said that he plans to import a girl to share it with his brothers and him. When asked, what if you had a girl child, he said he will abort her.

This is the sort of stupidity we are dealing with.

What will you say about this where it is perfectly okay for a woman to have 2 husbands and not only that she wants her daughters to have at least 2 husbands. Would you view that as exploitation of women or as the low status of women in society?

What will you say about this where it is perfectly okay for a woman to have 2 husbands and not only that she wants her daughters to have at least 2 husbands. Would you view that as exploitation of women or as the low status of women in society?

I see that I omitted a kay point.

A lot of girls that are 'imported' are in fact Human trafficked are often underage and have no choice.

If the woman willingly marries two husbands with no threats or coercion, I have no problem.

And you missed another point. He said he would abort female children, the same practice that landed him in the predicament.

And you missed another point. He said he would abort female children, the same practice that landed him in the predicament.

These issues are not about misogyny. Both in the video I posted and the case you are talking about it is economics. It is about being farmers and not having land to divide any more and give away as dowry. A woman takes away from the family's source of livelihood and hence becomes an economic burden. Now before you talk about the evils of dowry and Indian men, you must remember it is the man who works his entire life and skimps and saves just so that he can make the dowry to give away at his daughter or sister's wedding.

These issues are not about misogyny. Both in the video I posted and the case you are talking about it is economics. It is about being farmers and not having land to divide any more and give away as dowry. A woman takes away from the family's source of livelihood and hence becomes an economic burden. Now before you talk about the evils of dowry and Indian men, you must remember it is the man who works his entire life and skimps and saves just so that he can make the dowry to give away at his daughter or sister's wedding.

Besides, I can't exactly talk about polyandry, because the Nair community in some parts of kerala did practice polyandry :D

So you are saying female infanticide is O.K.? If tthey want to practice it. go ahead.

But you can only import so many girls from Kerala North East and Nepal tocover up your mistakes.

So you are saying female infanticide is O.K.? If tthey want to practice it. go ahead.

Of course not. It is this high falutin terms I am against. Most so called female infanticide is basically abortion. I am sure where it comes towards women's emancipation you are all in support of abortion and a woman's right over her body, but when it is a poor family in India doing it over economics your morality is outraged. This hypocrisy is what I address. The West can abort 125 million babies, both boys and girls, and you will beam at how progressive they are. But in India, we are so regressive, right?

This does not mean I support abortions or "female infanticide." Another important feature is it is not traditional families which do it, it is most the urbanized "modern" family which does it.

Of course not. It is this high falutin terms I am against. Most so called female infanticide is basically abortion. I am sure where it comes towards women's emancipation you are all in support of abortion and a woman's right over her body, but when it is a poor family in India doing it over economics your morality is outraged. This hypocrisy is what I address. The West can abort 125 million babies, both boys and girls, and you will beam at how progressive they are. But in India, we are so regressive, right?

This does not mean I support abortions or "female infanticide." Another important feature is it is not traditional families which do it, it is most the urbanized "modern" family which does it.

Nope and nope.

I cringe at the thought of abortion. I don't exactly fancy sleeping around, neither girls that do it.

But not gonna coerce others into doing it.

I am more concerned about Women primarily having economic, intellectual independence.

Difference is, even if I may disapprove of it, I can't stop Women from living life how they wish, neither I do intend to do so.

The west can ban abortion right now, and the women will simply resort to back alley abortions.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom