What's new

Tribune survey: Online Pakistanis ‘Muslim’ first, ‘Pakistani’ second

It is not white and black thinking, it is the idea of mutually exclusive ideas.
Think about a circle, a circle has one side right?
well now think of a circle that has more than one side, you can't do it
The IDEA of a circle and the Idea of multiple sides are mutually exclusive.
Similarly, the Idea of Monotheism and the Idea of Polytheism are mutually exclusive.

Islam is a set of Ideals that are mutually exclusive from other set of ideals, and Muslims have chosen to believe in the Islamic set of ideals, over other sets. Nothing wrong with this, in fact it is very natural thing to do.

A.Give me an example of Polytheistic religion.

B. Now you are trying to teach me 7 std social studies.

Straw man argument.

PS assumption is that You are stereotypical Muslim guy who thinks he is enlightened and a good Muslim but in reality, only a closet Islamist(just another one of those who hides behind Personal Liberty arguments to justify dogmas).

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

Well i didn't think so too.

It would be a straw man if you actually provided an argument, I am still at a loss as to what you are trying to say other then "Islam is bad"

Other then that all you have done is make assumptions about me.
Is this some new kind of debating technique your guru taught you, where you make yourself into a joke so no one takes you seriously. (see, I can make assumptions too)

but really, your personal attacks on me are rather amusing. Shows the kind of intellect I am up against.

A.Give me an example of Polytheistic religion.

B. Now you are trying to teach me 7 std social studies.

forget social studies I think I need to teach you comprehension first. I gave the example that the IDEA of monotheism is mutually exclusive to the IDEA of polytheism.

But we both know that the only reason you asked such a silly an off topic question is to get me to say "Hinduism" and then you would say "HA, SILLY MUSLIM YOU DON'T KNOW ANY THING, BLAH BLAH BLAH, HINDUISM IS NOT POLYTHEISTIC"
am I right? :mamba:

And B, the class is not social studies, it is math.
Good thing I am not one to make assumptions, or I might assume you never did a basic statistics class in your life. :angel:

It would be a straw man if you actually provided an argument, I am still at a loss as to what you are trying to say other then "Islam is bad"

Other then that all you have done is make assumptions about me.
Is this some new kind of debating technique your guru taught you, where you make yourself into a joke so no one takes you seriously. (see, I can make assumptions too)

but really, your personal attacks on me are rather amusing. Shows the kind of intellect I am up against.

Re-read Post #28 #62 and related posts by Armstrong. You ll understand where you crept in.

Well, why shouldn't most Pakistanis consider themselves Muslims first? Is being a Pakistani today such a great thing to be proud of?

its the only thing keeping us together; the Kashmiris, the Punjabis, the Pathans, the Baloch, the Sindhs all of us have a rich history, culture and a distinct language of our own - for many of us religion is the only thing that lets us supersede that kind of ethno-nationalism.
Are you sure you haven't got that backwards? Isn't seeking a Muslims-only culture part of what drives Pakistan apart now, as violent groups try to make their leadership and brand of Islam as supreme over all others? Don't you think Pakistan would do better to strive for a culture of individual rights and peaceful competition between religious sects rather than violent civil-religious conflicts?

forget social studies I think I need to teach you comprehension first. I gave the example that the IDEA of monotheism is mutually exclusive to the IDEA of polytheism.

But we both know that the only reason you asked such a silly an off topic question is to get me to say "Hinduism" and then you would say "HA, SILLY MUSLIM YOU DON'T KNOW ANY THING, BLAH BLAH BLAH, HINDUISM IS NOT POLYTHEISTIC"
am I right? :mamba:

And B, the class is not social studies, it is math.
Good thing I am not one to make assumptions, or I might assume you never did a basic statistics class in your life. :angel:

now you are wasting my time with Zakir Naik logic. "you ll say this make me say this and that..then gotcha , hence i ll take something else"

As said Re-read Post #28 and #62

Well, why shouldn't most Pakistanis consider themselves Muslims first? Is being a Pakistani today such a great thing to be proud of?

Are you sure you haven't got that backwards? Isn't seeking a Muslims-only culture part of what drives Pakistan apart now, as violent groups try to make their leadership and brand of Islam as supreme over all others? Don't you think Pakistan would do better to strive for a culture of individual rights and peaceful competition between religious sects rather than violent civil-religious conflicts?

Islam has no conflict with the bold part

If some try to miss-interpret Islam and you start believing this is Islam then i am sorry

Don't you think Pakistan would do better to strive for a culture of individual rights and peaceful competition between religious sects rather than violent civil-religious conflicts?

big ask Soloman. big ask that is... one can only wish we stop just at that

although, we do have such face to face debates (called Manazara) between different sects or via printed medium
but that doesn't stop the stronger side to use the option of violence (because it can).

It is the Pakistan's problem bro, let them sort it out. Whether it is this first or that first makes no difference to us. We are happy that Indian Muslims are all Indians first, that is what matters to us, no?

So True

Today the overwhelming majority of Indian Muslims consider being Indian as important as being Muslim. A majority of them are people who were born after independence and for whom stories of Indian partition is something that they heard from their parents. Of their own free will Muslims vote for secular parties rather than for Muslim parties and candidates, who are not secular.

The result of the last election indicates that of the about thirty Muslim members of the Indian parliament, all of whom stood from constituencies with sizable Muslim population, only three are from Muslim parties. Muslims in India never associate with any separatists or anti-national elements.

Re-read Post #28 #62 and related posts by Armstrong. You ll understand where you crept in.

It would be better if you didn't quote me, when clearly you didn't understand what I was trying to say (If you think that I'm an Islam apologist or a revisionist) and I couldn't quite follow what you were on about either.

its actually I'm a Muslim first then I'm a Punjabi,sindhi, pashtoon,balochand then a pakistani, but when India attacks us we will be one nation one blood,that's for sure until then we fight ourselves.

Back
Top Bottom