What's new

Trophy - Active Protection System for Indian FMBT

Solar Flare

Reaction score
Hey guys I was just looking into some active protection systems and I found this Trophy system from Rafael industries in Israel. I think DRDO is planning to develop a Futuristic Main Battle Tank (FMBT) so do you guys think we can either develop a system like this on our own or buy it from Israel for our FMBT?

Here are some videos of Trophy in action. It has 98% accuracy and 1% chance of damage to nearby infantry.

Wikipedia Link: Trophy (countermeasure) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe it, you opened a thread for this ??/

I just wana know about what kind of APS can go into the FMBT program as it is still into the pre-designing phase. Do you think we can afford it or develop it on our own? :unsure:

And btw, at least this thread is better than all those crappy, mud slinging threads by other PDF members. :angel:

I just wana know about what kind of APS can go into the FMBT program as it is still into the pre-designing phase.
No, its a fair question. The answer is none can tell that thing right now because nothing is finalized yet for FMBT forget about the design of turret. If we will go for heavier FMBT based on Arjun design then we will use Trophy or our own APS and if lighter T90 based design is chosen for FMBT then we might go for trophy or LEDS or our own APS.

Do you think we can afford it or develop it on our own?
Well we are using iron fist on arjun mk2 and LEDS-150 from SAAB in t90 Bhishm then yeah we can afford trophy also. As far as our own APS is concerned i think yeah we can make it but we will have to work a bit hard and involve our IT companies a little bit more. I also think that for FMBT we should have our own APS.

And btw, at least this thread is better than all those crappy, mud slinging threads by other PDF members.
Well i agree with u on that

Well we are using iron fist on arjun mk2 and LEDS-150 from SAAB in t90 Bhishm then yeah we can afford trophy also. As far as our own APS is concerned i think yeah we can make it but we will have to work a bit hard and involve our IT companies a little bit more. I also think that for FMBT we should have our own APS.

We are already using APS in current tanks? Never knew about that nor saw video of any. But thanks for bringing this to my knowledge. :)

^^^
Yeah i think the deal was signed in 2009 with SAAB, trophy was also one of the contender but LEDS won...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom