What's new

True face of the WEST!!

deathfromabove

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Undercover: Hate on the Doorstep

Bullied, attacked and racially-abused more than 50 times in eight weeks. That was the experience of two British Muslim reporters posing undercover as a couple in Bristol over the summer.

Panorama investigates the truth about racism and anti-social behaviour in Britain.

Panorama Undercover: Hate on the Doorstep, Monday 19th October on BBC One at 8.30pm.

BBC - Panorama - Undercover: Hate on the Doorstep

Don't forget to watch the video on the link provided above!!

it could be the face of Bristol or even England, but certainly not the face of the whole west.

it could be the face of Bristol or even England, but certainly not the face of the whole west.

The "West" has 2-faces: An outer FAKE face it shows to impress the world. And a TRUE inner face. Some people this inner face is sincere, but for many others it is not. But the good thing is people's inner faces can change, hopefully for the better!:smitten:

Actually there are British Muslim Parliamterians in the UK and they have quite an influential voice so thsi does not show anything. Maybe what Bristol is like.

I saw that programme, it was shocking. but lets be fair not the whole country is like that. there are some areas mostly those people who are on benefit, no work, have got nothing to do and do such things, their kids are rude and impolite, cause trouble to everybody, not only those who are non white. i have been living in the uk for the last 9 years and i only had one racist encounter, i was walking on the street and the guy called me P.A.K.I. in a low voice!! the policy of the gov is not discriminatory, non whites have got the same right as the white people, and if there are such incidents then there is law to listen to you, unlike my and your country which is full of corruption and nobody listen to us even if we get killed.

This is what those smelly Brits (who didn`t even know how to take a shower a few hundred years ago) think of you...

Bullied, attacked and racially-abused more than 50 times in eight weeks. That was the experience of two British Muslim reporters posing undercover as a couple in Bristol over the summer.

Panorama investigates the truth about racism and anti-social behaviour in Britain.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/panorama/hi/front_page/newsid_8310000/8310825.stm

Why do so many still keep running towards secularism and Western society?

As Pakistanis we should go back to our roots. We should recognize our heros like Allama Iqbal, who preached the proper way for prosperity...

What has Western culture given us but hatred, moral-corruption, and materialism?

Check out Zaid Hamid`s videos if you are sick and tired of this Western imperialism of not only our lands, but of our minds as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
In some areas of UK there is discrimination and name calling of muslims specially in North of england - Bradford , oldham and bristol.
I do not condone the racial slurs but still UK is one of the most racially diverse countries in the world and overall you are better off than most countries.

There is a smally minority of people who are racial and abuse others. I still believe UK govt. is non discriminatory.

I was born in England and have lived here all my life; I have never been subject to racism or discrimination, especially of the sorts highlighted in the video.

That is not to say, however, it does not exist. It does exist - primarily in poor white neighbourhoods, which is where this was filmed.

As Pakistanis we should go back to our roots. We should recognize our heros like Allama Iqbal, who preached the proper way for prosperity...

What has Western culture given us but hatred, moral-corruption, and materialism?

You are incredibly delusional and ignorant of the social dynamics of this country.

Pakistanis – mainly meerpuri youths, often cause trouble and an alarmingly high fraction of them are drug dealers. They cause nothing but trouble and do little for the society. We need to sort ourselves out before we go preaching to others.

Ps: Those “smelly brits” ruled you for 200 years. Doesn’t say much about us now does it?

Last edited:
good work! i can quote Al-Quran here "non-muslims cant be ur friends!"

Balderdash:

As for such [of the unbelievers] as do not fight against you on account of [your] faith, and neither drive you forth from your homelands, God does not forbid you to show them kindness and to behave towards them with full equity: for, verily, God loves those who act equitably.

God only forbids you to turn in friendship towards such as fight against you because of [your] faith, and drive you forth from your homelands, or aid [others] in driving you forth: and as for those [from among you] who turn towards them in friendship; it is they, they who are truly wrongdoers!

(Quran 60:8-9)

Balderdash:

As for such [of the unbelievers] as do not fight against you on account of [your] faith, and neither drive you forth from your homelands, God does not forbid you to show them kindness and to behave towards them with full equity: for, verily, God loves those who act equitably.

God only forbids you to turn in friendship towards such as fight against you because of [your] faith, and drive you forth from your homelands, or aid [others] in driving you forth: and as for those [from among you] who turn towards them in friendship; it is they, they who are truly wrongdoers!

(Quran 60:8-9)
believe me or not! u will believe some day :)

I believe in the Qur'an, not you :coffee:
وَلَن تَرۡضَىٰ عَنكَ ٱلۡيَہُودُ وَلَا ٱلنَّصَـٰرَىٰ حَتَّىٰ تَتَّبِعَ مِلَّتَہُمۡ*ۗ

اورتم سے یہود اور نصاریٰ ہرگز راضی نہ ہوں گے جب تک کہ تم ان کے دین کی پیروی نہیں کرو گے

Al-Baqara Verse: 119

وَلَن تَرۡضَىٰ عَنكَ ٱلۡيَہُودُ وَلَا ٱلنَّصَـٰرَىٰ حَتَّىٰ تَتَّبِعَ مِلَّتَہُمۡ*ۗ

اورتم سے یہود اور نصاریٰ ہرگز راضی نہ ہوں گے جب تک کہ تم ان کے دین کی پیروی نہیں کرو گے

Al-Baqara Verse: 119

You have actually quoted ayah 120 :coffee:

Previously, you attributed something you had written yourself as the word of Allah and now you have shown that you are unable to quote from the Qur'an with care.

I have a detailed analysis on the matter of friendship with Jews and Christians - all taken from the Qur'an:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...re-al-jazeera-correspondent-4.html#post496601

Read it, and then come back to me.

Blacks still drawn to Islam despite FBI raids

BY now, Sekou Jackson is used to the questions: Why does he need to leave a work meeting to pray? Don’t black Muslims convert to Islam in jail? Why would you even want to be Muslim? ‘It’s kind of a double whammy to be African-American and Muslim,’ said Jackson, who studies the Navy at the National Academy of Science in Washington. ‘You’re going to be judged.’

Jackson’s struggle may have gotten harder when the FBI on Wednesday raided a Detroit-area warehouse used by a Muslim group. The FBI said the group’s leader preached hate against the government, trafficked in stolen goods and belonged to a radical group that wants to establish a Muslim state in America. The imam of the group’s mosque, a black American named Luqman Ameen Abdullah, was killed in a shootout with agents.

Although the FBI was careful to say those arrested in Detroit were not mainstream Muslims, it has accused other black Muslims of similar crimes, most recently in May, when four men were charged with plotting to blow up New York synagogues and shoot down a military plane.

Yet the Muslim faith continues to convert many average African-Americans, who say they are attracted by Islam’s emphasis on equality, discipline and family.

‘The unique history African-Americans have faced, we’re primed for accepting Islam,’ said Jackson, 31, who grew up in a secular home and converted to Islam when he was about 18.

‘When someone comes to you with a message that everyone is equal, that the only difference is the deeds that they do, of course people who have been oppressed will embrace that message,’ Jackson said. ‘It’s a message of fairness.’

It was a message of black pride in the face of dehumanizing prejudice that launched Islam in America in the 1930s.

Created by a mysterious man named Wallace Fard, the ‘Lost-Found Nation of Islam’ strayed far from the teachings of the Prophet Muhammad, but its mixture of self-reliance, black supremacy and white demonization resonated with many blacks.

Some 30 years later, Malcolm X began the African-American movement toward traditional Islam when he left the Nation of Islam, went on a pilgrimage to Saudi Arabia and proclaimed that all whites were not evil.

In 1975, the Nation split into two factions: a larger group that embraced orthodox Sunni practices, and another, led by Louis Farrakhan, that maintained the Nation’s separatist ideology.

Today, it is difficult to determine the number of Muslims in America. A 2007 Pew survey estimated 2.35 million, of whom 35 per cent were African-American.

Lawrence Mamiya, a Vassar College professor of religion and Africana studies and an expert on American Islam, said Muslim organizations count about six million members, a third of them black.

Most African-American Muslims are orthodox Sunnis who worship in about 300 mosques across the country, Mamiya said. The second-largest group follows Farrakhan’s Nation of Islam, which has about 100 mosques in America, abroad and US prisons, Mamiya said.

He said the third-largest group is the Ummah, founded by Jamil Abdullah Al-Amin, the black activist formerly known as H. Rap Brown. The group has about 40 or 50 mosques. The organization targeted in the raid near Detroit was part of the Ummah, the FBI said.

‘The vast majority of African-American Muslims are using the religion to strengthen their spirituality,’ said Mamiya, who has interviewed many black Muslim leaders and congregants. He said the number of black Muslims is growing, but not as fast as before the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

Few white Americans convert to Islam ‘because the tendency is to view Islam as foreign,’ he said. ‘For African-Americans, it’s part of their African heritage. There’s a long tradition (in Africa). ... It moves them away from the Christianity they saw as a slave religion, as the religion that legitimized their slavery.’

Margari Hill was a California teenager seeking an antidote for nihilism and widespread disrespect of black women when she found Islam in 1993. A few years ago she began covering her hair with a hijab, or head scarf.

‘I wanted to be thinking about humility and modesty,’ said Hill, a 34-year-old teacher in Philadelphia. ‘I decided it would help me be a better Muslim and a better person.’

She also is attracted to Islam’s family values and the egalitarian message embodied by the prophet Muhammad’s ‘last sermon,’ which according to Muslim scriptures says that no Arab, white or black person is superior or inferior to members of another race.

Hill’s husband, Marc Manley, said that many blacks who have struggled with crime, drugs or alcohol are drawn to Islam’s regimented lifestyle, which includes prayers five times a day.

‘Especially in the urban context, it provides a vehicle for African-Americans to deal with those ills,’ he said. ‘It provides a buffer or a barrier.’— AP

http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect...till-drawn-to-islam-despite-fbi-raids--il--02

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom