What's new

Trump allows F-16s and F-18s to be made in india

I don't care if it takes another 100 years...even the prototype of tejas is enough to destroy paf.

I dont think it will take 100 years but forever for you guys to finally make tejas. Keep dreaming but never forget muslims ruled bharat mata for a thousand years!!

I dont think it will take 100 years but forever for you guys to finally make tejas. Keep dreaming but never forget muslims ruled bharat mata for a thousand years!!

And Christians ruled Mulsim for centuries. Still want to brag about your religious superiority you convert.
On topic: First make a Moped engine, then we will talk.

Good job.

Trumps want india to work on an early 4G manufacturing line.

:cheesy::rofl:

The f-16 is older than my father!

Trump knows that USA has no business or purpose in manufacturing such old planes!

Last edited:
http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/adani-group-the-dark-horse-in-fighter-race/article19651738.ece

Gripen, manufactured by SAAB, enjoys a clear advantage because of its capabilities, say sources
After several dramatic twists and turns, as the Air Force looks at procuring a new single engine fighter, the Adani group is emerging as the dark horse that could end up manufacturing a large number of India’s future fighters.

The IAF is now working on issuing Request for Information (RFI) to the two single engine fighter manufacturers available in the global market — Lockheed Martin for its F-16 and SAAB for its Gripen. While the Tata group has tied up with Lockheed Martin for possible manufacture of F-16s in India, SAAB last week announced a tie up with the Adani group.

“In the present scheme of things, Gripen enjoys a clear advantage because of its capabilities,” says an Air Force source. While the F-16 is half-a-century old fighter, the Gripen is a four-and-half generation fighter that is of very recent vintage.

The IAF had sent out an informal request asking the two manufacturers details of their products. Based on the input and other analysis, the RFI would be issued under the Strategic Partnership model in a couple of months, officers said. The target would be to acquire at least 100 fighters in the first stage, but the demand is expected to go up further now.

The government will select the preferred aircraft and its Indian partner based on submissions. Once selected, the manufacturing plant for the selected fighter is to be set up in India, with the Indian partner holding the majority stake in the venture.

MMRCA process in mess

“By not taking a quick decision and dragging its feet, the government has messed up the MMRCA [Medium Multi-Role Combat Aircraft] process,” says Air Marshal (retired) M Matheswaran, who played a crucial role in drawing up the MMRCA requirements and conceptualising its original tender in the early 2000s. “[The] original MMRCA was not only to get fighters but also to get technology here in India. All those objectives have been defeated,” he said.

The IAF in 2001 projected a requirement for 126 fighters, to fill the gap between its future indigenous Light Combat Aircraft and the heavy-weight Sukhoi-30 fighters. Though the initial move was to buy more Mirage 2000 fighters, it evolved into the MMRCA global tender.

In January 2012, the twin-engine Rafale fighter was declared the winner, and finally negotiations began with its French manufacturers.

Air Force sources point out that the only reason why the government has now put out the present single engine requirement is the cost. The purchase of 36 Rafale fighters from France, in a surprise move during Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit there in April 2015, and in place of the ongoing negotiations for 126 fighters, not only surprised most military sources but also upset the financial projects for the fleet modernisation, sources admit.

Air Force sources point out that the requirement is now over 200 fighters, and the Rafale fighters are being limited to just 36. “Is there a single private industry with aerospace capabilities to build a fighter, to absorb that level of technology? The answer is no,” one source points out.

Air Marshal Matheswaran points out that the proposed SP model for the manufacture of fighters could end up being a mere licence production model without any significant technology gains in India.

“You will end up creating an HAL [Hindustan Aeronautics Limited] from scratch. You could have got HAL to do this work at a better pace,” says Matheswaran, who led an official landmark study on India’s aerospace capabilities.

And Christians ruled Mulsim for centuries. Still want to brag about your religious superiority you convert.
On topic: First make a Moped engine, then we will talk.

How can i brag about religious superiority infront of people who believe their gods introduced caste system and racism and have been persecuting their own kind for centuries in the name high caste and low caste

Why is it always about you do this first than talk,oh the jf17 has this than come and talk? Why is it always about us? We are not responsible if tejas is a failed project. Why do you keep pointing fingers at us if we are the ones who forced you to make tejas and kaveri?

Trump can give Ivanka to India but who cares
Every other day chadi clad kids open threads about F-35 India getting, F-16, F-18 etc etc

O bhai kitnay Jahaj chahiye India ko?
jitne China ki bund padne ke lie kafi ho.

Check with your ground staff first. They are the backbone of any airforce and pilots will be sit on duck without them. maximum any air force in the world today only go for 3 to 5 different platform maximum. Pakistan air force also in a phase to reduce platform type into 3 to 4 maximum. It is a nightmare to have different types of platform and it will eat maximum fund to keep them alive for war
a fighter jet isn't a car or truck fuel them & take it anywhere, the reason we keep 2-2 soviet & western platform is to balance our power in a conflict, we are dependent in that segment.
any fighter jet program comes with its own range of equipment & armaments if that country have some reservation on the conflict your squadron with be like a heroin in a movie without makeup which no one wants to see.

How can i brag about religious superiority infront of people who believe their gods introduced caste system and racism and have been persecuting their own kind for centuries in the name high caste and low caste

Its a evil created by men. I bet in your religion Allah has taught Shia's & Sunni's to fight among themselves or blowing oneselve up in the name of Allah & Islam. Does that ring a bell.

Why is it always about you do this first than talk,oh the jf17 has this than come and talk? Why is it always about us? We are not responsible if tejas is a failed project. Why do you keep pointing fingers at us if we are the ones who forced you to make tejas and kaveri?
JF17 is as indigenous to Pakistan as Sukhoi30Mki to India. At most you can claim JF17 or FC1 to be a joint venture where Chineese have done most of the work.
That being said, for a cash strapped Airforce like Pakistan, its a cheap & adequate alternative to F16. They have to serve as frontline fighters. On the other hand, Tejas will be serving as an interceptor. We have other state of Art frontline fighters who will take care of Air dominance.

jitne China ki bund padne ke lie kafi ho.

a fighter jet isn't a car or truck fuel them & take it anywhere, the reason we keep 2-2 soviet & western platform is to balance our power in a conflict, we are dependent in that segment.
any fighter jet program comes with its own range of equipment & armaments if that country have some reservation on the conflict your squadron with be like a heroin in a movie without makeup which no one wants to see.
Don't just popup and comments. By the way tell me how it is different then mine?

Mig29 will retire in 2028-30
Jaguar will retire in 2026-30
Mirage 2000 will serve till 2035

Any fighter we buy will enter service in 2022-23

Tejas will replace Mig21
PAKFA will replace Mig29
Rafale is more off a replacement for Mirage 2000 rather than Mig27

F16/F18/Gripen should ideally replace Mig27 and Jaguars,

In the long term the number of fighter types will fall to 5 or even 4 if India decides to scrap PAKFA buy and go for more Rafales
Su30MKIs will remain the backbone of Indian fleet till 2045 atleast

That makes sense.

Don't just popup and comments. By the way tell me how it is different then mine?
I'm not a senior member here doesn't mean i can't comment in the forum,
yes you said same thing but i believe no one wants to keep a dozens of different fighters jets but IAF is helpless to keep them as i explained in the previous post.

For a start;
A: Its none of Pakistan's concerns
B: Let's IA, IN & IAF worry about it.

For a start:
1) this is a discussion forum where we discuss military issues;
2) this is a Pakistani forum and by your own logic you shouldn't be here.

I'm not a senior member here doesn't mean i can't comment in the forum,
yes you said same thing but i believe no one wants to keep a dozens of different fighters jets but IAF is helpless to keep them as i explained in the previous post.
Bro i consider everyone same and we are equal in this forum and we discussed and shared our ideas here and believe me no one stop you to doing this. Regarding your post of four platform for IAF i stated the same thing and asked question that why IAF going 6 plus platform when 4 or 5 multi roller can get the job done for that.

Anyway 4 or 5 platform for IAF is sensible choose.

Bro i consider everyone same and we are equal in this forum and we discussed and shared our ideas here and believe me no one stop you to doing this. Regarding your post of four platform for IAF i stated the same thing and asked question that why IAF going 6 plus platform when 4 or 5 multi roller can get the job done for that.

Anyway 4 or 5 platform for IAF is sensible choose.
HAL assembled some 250 MKIs for the kit provided by Russia buy now they are struggling to maintain those due to lack of spare parts from Russia,
in an examination everyone goes with two pens :p:

HAL assembled some 250 MKIs for the kit provided by Russia buy now they are struggling to maintain those due to lack of spare parts from Russia,
in an examination everyone goes with two pens :p:
If we go from past, what i see that India always trying to use her spares and then everything went wrong.

Its a evil created by men. I bet in your religion Allah has taught Shia's & Sunni's to fight among themselves or blowing oneselve up in the name of Allah & Islam. Does that ring a bell.

JF17 is as indigenous to Pakistan as Sukhoi30Mki to India. At most you can claim JF17 or FC1 to be a joint venture where Chineese have done most of the work.
That being said, for a cash strapped Airforce like Pakistan, its a cheap & adequate alternative to F16. They have to serve as frontline fighters. On the other hand, Tejas will be serving as an interceptor. We have other state of Art frontline fighters who will take care of Air dominance.

Be it sunni vs shia or catholics vs protestants or spehardics vs ashkenazi ..No God in any religion speaks about racism or segregation like the hindu gods do in hinduism.

And please stop this crash course of jf 17. I never said it's indigenous. We dont have so much money or resource unlike india. But still india couldnt come up with a decent plane to say its a "make in india" despite so much money and resources. The only thing indigenous about tejas is paint job!

And kaveri well the french were going to help you revive it but its looks like it will reek in gutters now

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom