beijingwalker

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China

Trump blasts US as ‘a Nation in Decline’ in online rant over indictment​

By Patrick Reilly
April 1, 2023 11:15pm

Supporters of former US President Donald Trump gather near Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach, Florida, on April 1, 2023.

Supporters of former US President Donald Trump gather near Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach, Florida, on April 1, 2023.AFP via Getty Images

Former President Donald Trump blasted the United States “a Nation in Decline” and a “THIRD WORLD COUNTRY” in a rant over his indictment in Manhattan on Thursday.

The embattled ex-president took to his Truth Social platform Saturday to rage against Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg, who brought the charges against him, and accused Democrats of weaponizing the FBI and Department of Justice.

“I want to thank everybody for the tremendous support you have given me against this assault on our Nation. Our once beautiful USA is now a Nation in Decline,” Trump posted. “Radical Left Thugs & Insurrectionists have taken over our Country, & are rapidly destroying it. They are using the levers of Law Enforcement, and have completely Weaponized the FBI & DOJ to Interfere with, Rigg, and Steal our once SACRED ELECTIONS.
Former US President Donald Trump sits in the rear of his limousine as he departs Trump International Golf Club in Palm Beach
Trump gave reporters the thumbs up Saturday as he departed Trump International Golf Club in Palm Beach.AFP via Getty Images
“We are now living in a THIRD WORLD COUNTRY, but we will Come Back & MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!” he raged.

Trump is apparently facing at least one felony charge in connection to the “hush money” payment he made to adult film actress Stormy Daniels ahead of the 2016 elections. He is expected to be arrested on Tuesday.

Trump’s indictment is the first-ever criminal case against a former US president. It comes at the conclusion of a a five-year investigation by the Manhattan DA’s Office into Trump and his business dealings — a probe that Republicans have blasted as a politically motivated crusade.

The specific charges against Trump have not yet been made public. The indictment will be unsealed at his arraignment in Manhattan Supreme Court, which is also expected to take place Tuesday, Trump’s lawyers and a court administrator said.
Protesters in front of Trump Tower on Fifth Avenue the day after the indictment of the former president.
Trump has blasted Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg’s case against him as politically motivated.ZUMAPRESS.com

Trump has denied any wrongdoing and has dismissed the case against him as “Political Persecution.”

The unprecedented indictment comes as Trump, 76, is attempting to regain the White House for a third time, seeking the 2024 Republican nomination.

Trump’s arrest could be a major catalyst for his reelection campaign, friends and foes of Trump alike have predicted. In the 24 hours after his indictment was announced, he raised over $4 million.

Trump’s arrest could be a major catalyst for his reelection campaign, friends and foes of Trump alike have predicted. In the 24 hours after his indictment was announced, he raised over $4 million.

Here, in the American South, where I live, Trump is a Demi God! The rage against the 'woke', the 'liberals', the 'inner city', is immense. The 'minorities' are looked suspiciously as anti-America or even 'racist'. Black people especially are looked at with anger in cities like Atlanta where they are perceived to vote as a block to make the recent Senate elections swing against a decent Republican black candidate versus a compromised black Democrat candidate.
The rage is building. Not quite to the 1850s level but the rage is building. I am personally not enraged by Trump's indictment even though around the fall of 2020 I saw Democrats as even worse than Republicans and voted for Trump, stunning everyone in my circle who had seen me for decades a blind liberal and Democrat supporter--and that goes as far as back as Bill Clinton in 1992!!

There really are Americans now who would support China/Russia/whatever via blogs/videos just to crush their political opponents and get whatever political mileage!!

Make no mistake. The US is absolutely ripe for communal war.

The Americans always need a bogeyman to force unity.

There really are Americans now who would support China/Russia/whatever via blogs/videos just to crush their political opponents and get whatever political mileage!!

Nothing really new here, either. USA has always had such people, and its systems endure despite it all. Let due process work here, as it is, and will, and it will all work out again. No doubt about it at all.

Nothing really new here, either. USA has always had such people, and its systems endure despite it all. Let due process work here, as it it, and will, and it will all work out again. No doubt about it at all.

You mean like how the capitol was attacked and ransacked last time? No it won't be okay if you imprison Trump.

Nothing really new here, either. USA has always had such people, and its systems endure despite it all. Let due process work here, as it is, and will, and it will all work out again. No doubt about it at all.

Well, I hope you are right. My own happiness, in a very selfish way, depends on you being right!!! However, I will NEVER condone wars to kill innocent people anywhere. NEVER!! That's not we average Americans want and want to do anyway. It is the God Damn Neo Cons who I perceive to me the enemy of America. Eisenhauer's warning about the Military Industrial Complex had many elements of truth. I am not going to blind myself behind false hopes or blind patriotism, especially if that would involve killing innocent people.

And America doesn't need to be a hegemon. Recently, in a video Professor Jefferey Sachs mentioned a book with a title which had 'Tragedy' where the point of the author was the competition with China in a violent way is totally unnecessary and a 'tragedy' for the world. The global 'pie' is big enough for all!!!

America is a great country. With immense resources to be a self-sustaining great country. It doesn't need to be a violent, hegemon to be a great country. Violence is the agenda of the Neo Cons. And you will see the 'Neo Cons' used more and more in America--and if you are old enough, then you might see the discourse like in 2002 and 2003 leading to the Iraq War.

Here, in the American South, where I live, Trump is a Demi God! The rage against the 'woke', the 'liberals', the 'inner city', is immense. The 'minorities' are looked suspiciously as anti-America or even 'racist'. Black people especially are looked at with anger in cities like Atlanta where they are perceived to vote as a block to make the recent Senate elections swing against a decent Republican black candidate versus a compromised black Democrat candidate.
The rage is building. Not quite to the 1850s level but the rage is building. I am personally not enraged by Trump's indictment even though around the fall of 2020 I saw Democrats as even worse than Republicans and voted for Trump, stunning everyone in my circle who had seen me for decades a blind liberal and Democrat supporter--and that goes as far as back as Bill Clinton in 1992!!

Very true. I voted for DJT twice. It’s less about race ethnicity and more about the woke liberal politics. The thing many do not understand, Trump’s base consists of almost every background and they were deeply anti war.
I think 2020 showed Muslim voted twice as much for him as the previous 2016 elections.

Actually watched a speech of his to a Muslim congregation where he was very affable. Media censored it.

Back in 2019, I attended a PAC of Muslim Americans in DC. It was pricey but my wife received tickets from her boss. The guest speaker was Mehdi Hasan. Per the speaking arrangement, he asked everyone in the room to put down their phones and not record. He then proceeded to batshit crazy against Trump, ranting over and ranting over again. My wife smirkily looked at me.

I also met a member of the house Intelligence committee there - Andre Carson (Democrat).
I have a photo with him, and told him that there’s a good chance that Trump will win 2020 as well. This was before the riots and Covid obviously. Carson laughed as if he knew deep inside that DT can win.
Anyhow, the divide isn’t as black and white that many people make it out to be. Given the past 4 years under the current admin, I have a feeling any Republican can win in 2024.

Well, I hope you are right. My own happiness, in a very selfish way, depends on you being right!!! However, I will NEVER condone wars to kill innocent people anywhere. NEVER!! That's not we average Americans want and want to do anyway. It is the God Damn Neo Cons who I perceive to me the enemy of America. Eisenhauer's warning about the Military Industrial Complex had many elements of truth. I am not going to blind myself behind false hopes or blind patriotism, especially if that would involve killing innocent people.

And America doesn't need to be a hegemon. Recently, in a video Professor Jefferey Sachs mentioned a book with a title which had 'Tragedy' where the point of the author was the competition with China in a violent way is totally unnecessary and a 'tragedy' for the world. The global 'pie' is big enough for all!!!

America is a great country. With immense resources to be a self-sustaining great country. It doesn't need to be a violent, hegemon to be a great country. Violence is the agenda of the Neo Cons. And you will see the 'Neo Cons' used more and more in America--and if you are old enough, then you might see the discourse like in 2002 and 2003 leading to the Iraq War.
They were straight up fascists and warmongers, they literally formed a think tank and planned to permanently bring Eurasian under their control. Also stole 2000 elections in Florida.
I’m old enough to remember.

Last edited:
Well, I hope you are right.

I know I am. Others have a right to not agree with that, of course, but my confidence arises from good reasons that remain on solid foundations. Stresses that others see as apocalyptic are mere periodic tests that make the system stronger.

Very true. I voted for DJT twice. It’s less about race ethnicity and more about the woke liberal politics. The thing many do not understand, Trump’s base consists of almost every background and they were deeply anti war.

I think you were ahead of me!!
Believe me, even in the polling booth in 2020, at the VERY last second, I voted for Trump. The choice was Trump vs Biden. But looking at some of my liberal friends' messages to me within just a few weeks prior to the vote, my instincts told me voting/supporting the Democrats as I had done for the previous 2+ decades, wouldn't be the right decision. So I checked on Trump in the booth! My message to my American friends after that was 'I just voted and I voted for Trump!'. The responses from my liberal friends were like 'WTH??' to 'I am glad you voted at least'. It was a stunning change from me because they had known me for a long time. One response from a 70 year old WASP Uber driver was something like 'I am in tears!' He used to tease my Gori Republican wife by saying that 'You are sleeping with the enemy!!', because I was a Democrat.

Believe me, even in the polling booth in 2020, at the VERY last second, I voted for Trump. The choice was Trump vs Biden. But looking at some of my liberal friends' messages to me within just a few weeks prior to the vote, my instincts told me voting/supporting the Democrats as I had done for the previous 2+ decades, wouldn't be the right decision. So I checked on Trump in the booth! My message to my American friends after that was 'I just voted and I voted for Trump!'. The responses from my liberal friends were like 'WTH??' to 'I am glad you voted at least'. It was a stunning change from me because they had known me for a long time. One response from a 70 year old WASP Uber driver was something like 'I am in tears!' He used to tease my Gori Republican wife by saying that 'You are sleeping with the enemy!!', because I was a Democrat.

I am a registered Republican, just so you know, and I will just say that let due process work for Trump's legal issues. It was the Democrat's shenanigans that made his rise possible in the first place, and they will again play a role in who are the nominees for the next elections for both parties. After all, USA is what is it despite its Presidents, and not because of them, let no one forget that.

I strongly dislike liberal woke politics. There’s some of them here too - woke and progressive. They are the most bigoted people in the US. They assumed and believe minorities need saving because we’re not intelligent enough to handle our problems. They need to save and help us. Of course Democrat Blacks take advantage of that. I spend time in the infantry with many soldiers from rural America. They are no different than the rural population of Pakistan imo.
Funny enough, I’ve experienced more racism in the northern blue cities than in the red ones. They’re generally polite and show a degree of humility than other places.
In March 2017, I traveled to Lahore to marry my wife. I had a Uber driver asked me where I was from, give me demeanor and the way I spoke Urdu. Told him the US, he then says to me “oh Trump hates Muslims.” I jokingly responded and said who doesn’t hate Muslims? Even Muslims hate other Muslims. He laughed and said you’re right.

I know I am. Others have a right to not agree with that, of course, but my confidence arises from good reasons that remain on solid foundations. Stresses that others see as apocalyptic are mere periodic tests that make the system stronger.

Again, I hope you are right. For my own very selfish reasons. But my own reasons can NEVER be based on sustaining the war-machine sitting in Washington. I'd rather live under a bridge than to have the 'prosperity' coming from killing innocent people anywhere. If you saw Michael Moore's 'Fahrenheit 911', you'd see there are plenty of people tied to the war machine who are quite content to blow up people by making weapons. I will NEVER be a part of them.

And wars are not needed for our prosperity anyway. America is very well blessed country with natural and human resources. There can be a great America inside a great World.

Just know this- Once Trump gets locked up in jail, he will never be coming out again he'll get "R'kelly'd". Screenshot this.

Let due process work here,...
That is alien talk, buddy. The concept of 'due process' implies the person has to exercise emotional control, something most on PDF do not have.

In the old days US geographically shielded, nobody can reach it.
Not anymore

Back
Top Bottom