What's new

TTP New Leader - News Build Up

Bill Longley

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I never trusted BBC and it’s my experience that like Urdu proverb it’s a big Restaurant with substandard food. Today a news story was published in BBC Urdu, the story is about succession of Baitullah Mahsud and Hakeem ullah as a new TTP chief, the reporter is Delawer Khan Wazir

The story is full of contradiction s and appears to be filed for only reason of sensationalism without confirming the report. I will write my criticism at the end of this
After the death of Baitullah Mahsud news started arriving about the dispute of his succession amongst TTP Baitullah Group. There were reports about fighting between Hakeemullah and Wali ur Rehman and few reports suggested that one amoung them or both died in exchange of fire between their supporters. But on second day both phoned media and the report was proven wrong. But still there was credible evidence that there was dispute.
TTP’s frustration was coming visible especially after 1 brigade and one battalion level attack on Bhitani positions within a week.
All important leaders were giving statements and observers were surprised that if Baitullah is not dead then why TTP people are giving un coordinated and some time conflicting statement.
Then on 17th august TTP spokes man was caught by Aman committee on information of Omer Khalid group. Molvi Omer admitted to authorities that Baitullah Mahsud died in August 5 drone attack.
From here the story takes turn. From here I will narrate incidents according to BBC reports.
’مولوی فقیر طالبان کے قائم مقام امیر
On Wednesday, August 19, 2009 a story was filed by BBC’s Riffattullah Aurak zai. According to him BBC was contacted by Molvi Faqir Muhammad, Naib Amir of TTP. He denied the reports of Baitullah Mehsud’s death and told BBC that Baitullah is alive and is very sick. He also told BBC that he(Faqir Muhammad) has taken Charge of TTP and appointing Muslim Khan as its new Spokes man. He also said Molvi omer, Ex spokes man of TTP resigned because he had no Telephone Facility in Bajor( I think Faqir Muhammad contacted BBC with Telepathy without using Phone because Bajor has no telephone Facility)
HE TOLD BBC THAT TILL NOW NO SHURA MEETING WAS HELD FOR CHOOSEING/ CHANGING OF NEW HEAD OF TTP.
HE also told BBC that neither Hakeem ullah nor Wali Ur Rehman has any power to appoint Head of TTP which can only be done by SHURA!
Interestingly today a story Filed by BBC Urdu contradicts every thing which a same man FAQIR MUHAMMAD said to BBC on 19th and Interestingly the reporter never bothered to ask abut the contradicting statements of Faqir Muhammad within 2 days. I think its classic example of how BBC operates...No wonder many of us call it Baharatya Broadcasting corporation.
Today’s story was filed by Dilawr Khan Wazir. Again Faqir Muhammad Contacted BBC. But this time he had a different story.
He announced that 42 member Shura of TTP representing different tribal agencies and FR areas has elected Hakeem ullah Mahsud as new Amir. He also revealed that Molvi Omer Khatab of Waziristan has been chosen as a new spokesman of TTP. He revealed that newly appointed TTP spokes man , Muslim khan is replaced by Shura because Muslim Khan has no Telephone facility( I don’t understand , if he don’t have any telephone than how Muslim Khan phoned Commissioner Malakand and many journalists in Swat). He also told BBC that Shura was conducted in Aurak zai agency.
Interestingly, no one in BBC’s editorial staff tried to Question Faqir Muhammad that in 2 days he gave two different statements. If we believe the story of BBC which it filed on 18 august 2009.
تحریک طالبان پاکستان کے ترجمان گرفتار
Then we know Molvi Omer was returning from Shura meeting which was held in Aurak Zai. It also means that Faqir Muhammad also knew about the meeting. But BBC quoted other wise on 19 ۔ Because according to report Faqir Muhammad did not know it.
’مولوی فقیر طالبان کے قائم مقام امیر‘
People will argue that BBC has no Fault because it filed what Faqir Muhammad told them. My argument is that is BBC an immature News agency where they don’t use common sense while filing stories?
There is some thing called Journalistic professionalism and I am sorry to say it is not displayed by BBC. There are hundreds of examples. It was BBC who without confirmation broke story of FALL OF LAHORE in 1965 war. It’s a common observation in Pakistan that BBC always gives bias and untrue reports without confirmations. Now its on readers to think them selves

LOST IDENTITY: BBC , Disinformation and TTP New Leader

Excellent analysis bro,BBC sometimes commits huge blunders in reporting, when once BBC made a report on taliban and gave a map displaying area's in taliban control and government control they showed Peshawar in Taliban hands.:frown:

Excellent analysis bro,BBC sometimes commits huge blunders in reporting, when once BBC made a report on taliban and gave a map displaying area's in taliban control and government control they showed Peshawar in Taliban hands.:frown:

lol

brother I call it BHARATYA BROADCASTING CORPORATION

in my experience BBC is
اونچی دکان پھیکا پکوان

The problem with the Western pressis that very few enterprises are left which are not controlled by a select group of people with a particular Agenda. Also it seems a good money conserving exercise to them to utilize the junk being spewed out against anyone as long as it follows government or the powers that be's purpose. This is why we have reached a state of dsecdence in the pressof the West.
Araz

I never trusted BBC and it’s my experience that like Urdu proverb it’s a big Restaurant with substandard food. Today a news story was published in BBC Urdu, the story is about succession of Baitullah Mahsud and Hakeem ullah as a new TTP chief, the reporter is Delawer Khan Wazir

The story is full of contradiction s and appears to be filed for only reason of sensationalism without confirming the report. I will write my criticism at the end of this
After the death of Baitullah Mahsud news started arriving about the dispute of his succession amongst TTP Baitullah Group. There were reports about fighting between Hakeemullah and Wali ur Rehman and few reports suggested that one amoung them or both died in exchange of fire between their supporters. But on second day both phoned media and the report was proven wrong. But still there was credible evidence that there was dispute.
TTP’s frustration was coming visible especially after 1 brigade and one battalion level attack on Bhitani positions within a week.
All important leaders were giving statements and observers were surprised that if Baitullah is not dead then why TTP people are giving un coordinated and some time conflicting statement.
Then on 17th august TTP spokes man was caught by Aman committee on information of Omer Khalid group. Molvi Omer admitted to authorities that Baitullah Mahsud died in August 5 drone attack.
From here the story takes turn. From here I will narrate incidents according to BBC reports.
’مولوی فقیر طالبان کے قائم مقام امیر
On Wednesday, August 19, 2009 a story was filed by BBC’s Riffattullah Aurak zai. According to him BBC was contacted by Molvi Faqir Muhammad, Naib Amir of TTP. He denied the reports of Baitullah Mehsud’s death and told BBC that Baitullah is alive and is very sick. He also told BBC that he(Faqir Muhammad) has taken Charge of TTP and appointing Muslim Khan as its new Spokes man. He also said Molvi omer, Ex spokes man of TTP resigned because he had no Telephone Facility in Bajor( I think Faqir Muhammad contacted BBC with Telepathy without using Phone because Bajor has no telephone Facility)
HE TOLD BBC THAT TILL NOW NO SHURA MEETING WAS HELD FOR CHOOSEING/ CHANGING OF NEW HEAD OF TTP.
HE also told BBC that neither Hakeem ullah nor Wali Ur Rehman has any power to appoint Head of TTP which can only be done by SHURA!
Interestingly today a story Filed by BBC Urdu contradicts every thing which a same man FAQIR MUHAMMAD said to BBC on 19th and Interestingly the reporter never bothered to ask abut the contradicting statements of Faqir Muhammad within 2 days. I think its classic example of how BBC operates...No wonder many of us call it Baharatya Broadcasting corporation.
Today’s story was filed by Dilawr Khan Wazir. Again Faqir Muhammad Contacted BBC. But this time he had a different story.
He announced that 42 member Shura of TTP representing different tribal agencies and FR areas has elected Hakeem ullah Mahsud as new Amir. He also revealed that Molvi Omer Khatab of Waziristan has been chosen as a new spokesman of TTP. He revealed that newly appointed TTP spokes man , Muslim khan is replaced by Shura because Muslim Khan has no Telephone facility( I don’t understand , if he don’t have any telephone than how Muslim Khan phoned Commissioner Malakand and many journalists in Swat). He also told BBC that Shura was conducted in Aurak zai agency.
Interestingly, no one in BBC’s editorial staff tried to Question Faqir Muhammad that in 2 days he gave two different statements. If we believe the story of BBC which it filed on 18 august 2009.
تحریک طالبان پاکستان کے ترجمان گرفتار
Then we know Molvi Omer was returning from Shura meeting which was held in Aurak Zai. It also means that Faqir Muhammad also knew about the meeting. But BBC quoted other wise on 19 ۔ Because according to report Faqir Muhammad did not know it.
’مولوی فقیر طالبان کے قائم مقام امیر‘
People will argue that BBC has no Fault because it filed what Faqir Muhammad told them. My argument is that is BBC an immature News agency where they don’t use common sense while filing stories?
There is some thing called Journalistic professionalism and I am sorry to say it is not displayed by BBC. There are hundreds of examples. It was BBC who without confirmation broke story of FALL OF LAHORE in 1965 war. It’s a common observation in Pakistan that BBC always gives bias and untrue reports without confirmations. Now its on readers to think them selves

LOST IDENTITY: BBC , Disinformation and TTP New Leader

nice piece written. i agree with you 100 percent.BBC has become Taliban's mouthpiece. on behalf of taliban its bbc keeping the propaganda war alive. creating confusion in Pakistan is their agenda.

The problem with the Western pressis that very few enterprises are left which are not controlled by a select group of people with a particular Agenda. Also it seems a good money conserving exercise to them to utilize the junk being spewed out against anyone as long as it follows government or the powers that be's purpose. This is why we have reached a state of dsecdence in the pressof the West.
Araz

There are nonetheless some excellent news networks that i believe still have a lot of credibility. You should look into PBS its one of my favourite news channels and its documentaries are made by excellent journalists. The reason its such a brilliant network is because it solely relies on peoples donations and contributions to keep it running. I suggest you take a look at PBS and you can even view their latest documentary on Pakistan here

Frontlines and Bill Moyers Journal are two really great shows

FRONTLINE: home | PBS

Bill Moyers Journal . Home | PBS

---------

Than ofcourse you do have Al-Jazeera which is a great network, one of the best in my opinion. They have a very International approach and outlook which i like alot as well. Their website is kinda iffy but news network is great.

Al Jazeera English - AJE

and the show Witness hosted by Rageh Omar is always great to watch as well

http://english.aljazeera.net/programmes/witness/2006/11/2008526122315505629.html
-----------

Also our DAWN.COM | Home | Your window to news, analysis and features from Pakistan, South Asia and the world is great to :)
------------

With that being said BBC is not bad, it certainly has made its share of mistakes quiet often but its still not a bad network far from it. Some BBC documentaries are excellent. Their coverage on the whole Israel and Gaza conflict was outstanding in my opinion. I like BBC for its very liberal, educational and international approach as well.

The worst probably is Fox News.. by far the most lowest of all news networks. Its what i call an Entertainment news network

Last edited:
He said Maulvi Omar has resigned from his position of chief spokesperson before his arrest. He had resigned because due to the deteriorating telecommunication facilities it was difficult to get in touch with the media.
From Dawn: DAWN.COM | Pakistan | Maulvi Faqeer claims taking over TTP leadership

He did not say that Maulvi Omar resigned because Bajaur had no tele-communication facilties. It might be his personal problem of not being able to communicate from his house.

I am not judging.

But the job of a news agency is to report what happened. If TTP wants to buy time with disinformation saying Baitullah is still alive to avoid internal struggle, why should BBC be responsible? Worse I see people here callling it Taliban mouthpiece. In fact it is from the accurate report of BBC(if you believe in their credibility) that we can infer that TTP is playing this tactic to save themselves and hence are under pressure.

Is that not a reason to cheer up? That is what exactly BBC should do, tell us what exactly was the conversation. We are to make our own inferences and feel better without worrying. Or is it better that they publish one feel good piece after other which will only add to our suspicion and make us insecure and cynical.

Here's a mind boggling example.

Sloppy work by BBC.

c3c26a7153e86993223ddefbc13563a6.jpg

Baitullah is alive, says TTP Amir in SWA
Updated at: 0504 PST, Monday, August 24, 2009

Baitullah is alive, says TTP Amir in SWA WANA: Taliban council will choose their chief within five next days, Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) chief Baitullah Mehsud wants so, Taliban Commander Waliur Rehman said Monday morning.

Talking to a foreign news agency, Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) South Waziristan Amir Waliur Rehman said, ‘We have thousands of suicide attackers, who can destroy their targets anywhere,’ adding Baitullah Mehsud is alive; however, he is seriously ailing.

‘Baitullah Mehsud has deputed the organization’s affairs to me two months back,’ Wali said, adding US President Obama and his allies are Taliban’s foremost enemies.

The security forces’ operation in Swat had no effects on Taliban, as they are still present there who moved aside to save the people from any possible damage, Wali maintained.

Ruling out any reports regarding the conflicts in Taliban movement, he said, ‘Our movement is active and effective with no rifts or difference within.’

Waliur Rehman said Taliban have mujahids on all the fronts in SWA for any possible operation there.
Baitullah is alive, says TTP Amir in SWA - GEO.tv

Baitullah Mahsud was killed in US drone attack in SWA on 5th august 2009. He was the single man responsible for creating Pakistan’s deadliest Terror alliance by the name of Tehrik Taliban Pakistan in 2007. After the death of Baitullah Mahsud conflicting statements are coming from TTP circles. Before coming on the main subjects lets refresh what we know about TTP

A LOOK AT TTP
Tehrik e Taliban Pakistan(TTP)
• Name of Tehrik e Taliban Pakistan’s came forward in 1998. A Group was made in Aurak zai agency in 1998. When group even made its own Shariat Courts (The Herald [Karachi], February 1999.)
• In Oct 2007 an alliance of Militant groups was formed in Mohmand Agency with goal to flush out criminal gangs
• Present TTP was formed in Dec 2007 after declaration of Taliban Alliance of Mohmand.
• A shura of 40 senior Taliban leaders established the TTP as an umbrella organization. Militant commander Baitullah Mehsud was appointed as its amir, Maulana Hafiz Gul Bahadur of North Waziristan as senior naib amir (deputy) and Maulana Faqir Muhammad of Bajaur Agency as thethird in command(Mushtaq Yusufzai, “Militants Seek End to MilitaryOperations,” The News, December 16, 2007)
• The shura not only has representation from all of FATA’s seven tribal agencies, but also from the settled North-West Frontier province (NWFP) districts of Swat, Bannu, Tank, Lakki Marwat, Dera Ismail Khan, Kohistan, Buner and Malakand.
• 20 to 3 Militant organizations are Part of TTP
AIMS OF TTP
• Enforce Sharia, unite against NATO forces in Afghanistan and perform
“Defensive jihad…against the Pakistan army.”
• React strongly if military operations are not stopped in Swat District and North Waziristan Agency.
• Demand the abolishment of all military checkpoints in the FATA area.
• Demand the release of Lal Masjid (Red Mosque) Imam Abdul Aziz Ghazi)
• Refuse future peace deals with the government of Pakistan.
TTP POLITICS
1. Hafiz Gul Bahader(descendent of Haji Faqir APPI) , Molvi Nazir Ahmed and Haqqani Network Broke away from TTP on orders of Mullah Omer who Advised them that there was no need to Target Pakistani Forces…He Ordered them to concentrate on Afghanistan.(Profile of Hafiz Gul Bahader. Jamestown.org)
2. In 2007 Molvi Nazir and his men Started campaign to flush out Uzbeks and other out siders.
3. These were given refuge by Baitullah Mahsud
4. Hafiz Gul Bahader and Haqqani Group made alliance with Molvi Nazir from South against Baitullah popularly named as form the Muqami Tehrik-e-Taliban (Local Taliban Movement), or the “Waziri alliance.” (Asia Times Online, January 24, 2008).
Some Important Groups in TTP
• Herket e Jehad e Islami
• Harkat ul Mujahideen
• Harkat e jihad e Islami Al Aalmi
• Lashker e Omer
• Jeash e Muhammad
• Lashker e Jhungvi
• Tehrik e Nifaz e Shariat e Muhammadi
AGENCIES AND Main GROUPS
1. North Waziristan: Molvi Gul Bahader and Haqqani Group
2. South Waziristan: Molvi Nazir, Baitullah Mahsud dead new leader not appointed, Haji Turkistan Group headed by Turkistan Bhitani, Abdullah Mahsud Group etc
3. Tank, FR Lakki Marwat, FR Bannu: Shaheen Bhitani group allied with TTP Baitullah , Abdullah Mahsud Group, Turkistan Group.
4. Kurram: Baitullah Mahsuds TTP under Jamsheid Mahsud aka Zulifqar Mahsud Aka Hakeem ullah Mahsud.
5. Aurak zai and Dara Adamkhel, Hangu, : Baitullah Mahsud group Under his Nephew Zulifqar Mahsud Aka Hakeem ullah Mahsud.
6. Khyber agency: Lashker e Islam, TTP Baitullah Mahsud group under his Nephew Jamsheid, Aka Zulifqar Mahsud Aka Hakeem ullah Mahsud.
7. Mohmand Agency: Harkat ul Mujahideen under Molvi Omer Khalid .He flushed out Lashker e Tayba and killed LeT leader Shah Khalid in sep last Year
8. Bajor Agency: TTP Lead by Molvi Faqir Muhammad who is ex Member of Tehrik e Nifaz e Shariat e Muhammadi (TNSM). and TNSM. Operation Sher Dil broke the back bone of TTP Bajor and Resulted in disputes between TTP and TNSM fighters in Bajor
9. Dir, Malakand, swat Shangla, TTP (TNSM) Fazalullah. Valley was liberated recently by Forces as result of Operation Rah e Rast
SITUATION AFTER BAITULLAH
Baitullah was the person who was binding TTP terror network together. According to Sources immediately after the death of Baitullah Mahsud in Drone Attack on 2009-08-05,
His deputies started disputing over his succession. Qari Hussein, Hakeem Ullah and Wali Ur Rehman Mahsud were the main contenders. It was reported that Wali Ur Rehman was more acceptable to most then Hakeem ullah who was seen as ruthless and emotional killer.
Since August 5 Taliban leaders are continuously denying Baitullahs death. Although Government has not presented any evidence but the way TTP is behaving and the contradictory statements coming out of TTP circles are enough to prove Baitullahs death.

According to reports Faqir Muhammad Telephoned BBC Urdu and told them that Shura has chosen Hakeem ullah as new Head of TTP. His all talk was contradictory to what he said on August 19 to BBC.

Yester day the other contender Wali Ur Rehman gave Interview to AP . In his interview he told AP that Baitullah Mahsud has Made him In charge of TTP

Speaking Saturday— Rehman said Baitullah had given him full control over the network and that a new leader "would be chosen within five days."
He did not refer to the claim that Hakimullah had become the leader — an omission that will add to doubts about whether that appointment had been agreed by all the top Taliban members. It will also likely be taken as a further sign the movement and its up to 25,000 fighters remain split over the succession.

Wali Ur Rehman Claim is supported by the statement of Mufti Kafiattullah, Who is a senior Politician of JUI and belongs to troubled Area. Who has also claimed that Taliban Shura has Elected Wali ur Rehman as a New Amir of TTP.

On 20th august, I hinted towards split in TTP which resulted in arrest of Molvi Omer in Mohmand Agency. In my friends circle I talked and predicted that TTP will break and this break will start from Waziristan. TTP will break in two Major Parts
1) TTP north (Sources say TTP Bajor is not happy with Waziristani Taliban. They complain that Waziristani Taliban think that they solely own TTP and what ever they say is binding on all TTP)
2) TTP south with many power full commander fighting each other. Like Wali ur Rehman v. Hakeem ullah etc

The news coming from Waziristan is predicting Nazir and Gul Bahader are on the side of Hakeem ullah. Where as under hand Bhitanies are trying to break away TTP commanders from the movement.
I think a big armed clash is in preparation in SWA. TTP leadership in SWA is not in favor Hakeem ullah where as that out side agency is supporting him. Coming days will tell weather Hakeem ullah effectively neutralizes opposition of the TTP or TTP breaks as I have predicted.

LOST IDENTITY: Disintegrations of TTP or What?

Last edited:
Most probably ttp of mehsud area will break into wali rahman and hakeemullah.then one of them ll side with gul bahadur and nazir.other will side with bhittani.

its just a big mess its bhittani.wali rahman.hakeemullah.maulvi nazir and gul bahadur. all separate from each other

adding Baitullah Mehsud is alive; however, he is seriously ailing.

Ruling out any reports regarding the conflicts in Taliban movement, he said, ‘Our movement is active and effective with no rifts or difference within.’

Baitullah is alive, says TTP Amir in SWA - GEO.tv

OOOoohhhhh.

the statement itself contradicts hakeemullah's claim on leadership and now this guy is sayin their are no differences:hitwall::hitwall:

Hakimullah is probably no more. If Baitulllah is alive why would they choose a new chief. ehh just trying to reorganise.

You will see Waliur Rehman taking as cheif.

The enemy is very deceptive just as the hadis regarding Kharijis says that their characters will be misleading !!!

Back
Top Bottom