What's new

Tunisian Armed Forces ( Pictures & Videos )

If it is Tucanos is it really that bad? I mean it isn't the best thing for Tunisia right now from your opinions but it could really help with terrorists considering how much cheaper flight hours and logistics are than the F-5.

if this true needs tunisian reply : على دنيا السلام ...
the L59T are much better
Production is closed. Only used ones on the market.

As much as I hate saying it
A 500 M $ seems like a Tucano package or something similar.
It ain't F16s that is for sure lol
Mostly it or it's T-6 cousin... For around 10pcs...More if the armement package is limited.

If it is Tucanos is it really that bad? I mean it isn't the best thing for Tunisia right now from your opinions but it could really help with terrorists considering how much cheaper flight hours and logistics are than the F-5.
We want better... and wished they put that money aside till having enough to buy a "Modern Air Force fleet"...
With this sell... We almost sure...That no F-16 is coming... at least in the few years to come... (or even Decade...)

if this true needs tunisian reply : على دنيا السلام ...
the L59T are much better
Again cheaper to operate turbo prop because you don't have to deal with engine maintenance comparing a turboprop to a turbojet. Also, I'm not aware of terrorists that are going to be able to shoot down the Tucano as long as the aircraft are flying above 20000 feet so its a matter of what suits you well enough that is tried and tested by 10+ countries.

Again cheaper to operate turbo prop because you don't have to deal with engine maintenance comparing a turboprop to a turbojet. Also, I'm not aware of terrorists that are going to be able to shoot down the Tucano as long as the aircraft are flying above 20000 feet so its a matter of what suits you well enough that is tried and tested by 10+ countries.
TN terros... don't have enough bullets for themselves let alone equipment to shoot down Aircrafts...

Production is closed. Only used ones on the market.

Mostly it or it's T-6 cousin... For around 10pcs...More if the armement package is limited.

We want better... and wished they put that money aside till having enough to buy a "Modern Air Force fleet"...
I want Tunisia to have a modern air force as well and I honestly think it would be better than buying ground-attack aircraft but, I'm sure there were reasons why they did this. Honestly, 8-9 F-16s for the 500 million in this deal isn't a bad idea and after these were bought more units could be bought gradually.

TN terros... don't have enough bullets for themselves let alone equipment to shoot down Aircrafts...
No MANPADS? You sure?

What do you think of Tunisia at least producing their own ammunition or small arms? It would really free up the need to go to outside parties for armed forces requirements. Jordan being a smaller country than Tunisia in terms of population produces small arms ammo for the UAE and just recently scored 20 million USD deals.

Last edited:
I want Tunisia to have a modern air force as well and I honestly think it would be better than buying ground-attack aircraft but, I'm sure there were reasons why they did this. Honestly, 8-9 F-16s for the 500 million in this deal isn't a bad idea and after these were bought more units could be bought gradually.

No MANPADS? You sure?

If I have to guess... I would say, they knew they couldn't get the funds to get a "modern fleet" so they made the choice to get something to fill the gap for now...

And TN terros got no MANPADS... I'm pretty sure of it. They would have used it since then... Since most of the work was done by Helis...

we Already have the L59T for now and honestly prefer getting Jet Fighter instead of farm aircraft

If I have to guess... I would say, they knew they couldn't get the funds to get a "modern fleet" so they made the choice to get something to fill the gap for now...

And TN terros got no MANPADS... I'm pretty sure of it. They would have used it since then... Since most of the work was done by Helis...
we Already have the L59T for now and honestly prefer getting Jet Fighter instead of farm aircraft
What about the South Korean T-50 Golden Eagle fighter variant?

The Chief of the minusma, the special representative of the Secretary-General of the united nations in Mali, mahamat saleh annadif, accompanied by the commander of the force of the minusma, Dennis Gyllensporre, visited yesterday afternoon, at the air base 101 In Sénou, to welcome the air transport unit of Tunisia. Deployed in the minusma since last week, the unit is composed of 75 people and a c-130. Plane. This one has already made its first flight, on February 22th. The Special Representative greeted the contribution of Tunisia to the minusma, which counts among its 75 members, a pilot woman, first in position in a mission to maintain the peace of the nations. Mr. Annadif wished full success to the Men and women of this new contributor country. ( it is FB post dates back to FAb 26 / i found it today )
52602203_2024777777639678_4293507002824392704_o.jpg

53233389_2024777947639661_6108974143946883072_o.jpg
52837048_2024778057639650_8223371438367703040_o.jpg

52840295_2024777797639676_4038132138644602880_o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom