What's new

Tunisian Armed Forces ( Pictures & Videos )

we already upgraded our F-5 avionic wise ( 2014-2018 ) i read an artical about it last year

F-5 is an old platform and not worth it to upgrade. Iran if able should license Chinese or Russian aircraft.
it is twice faster and is able to carries twice the ordinance tucano carry. i don't know how kind of threats tunisia faces but tucano is not a great choice. go after the golden eagle or turkish hurkus or even griffins half squadron of griffins are better than 100 tucanos. i'm just saying tucano is not a reliable platform.

it is twice faster and is able to carries twice the ordinance tucano carry. i don't know how kind of threats tunisia faces but tucano is not a great choice. go after the golden eagle or turkish hurkus or even griffins half squadron of griffins are better than 100 tucanos. i'm just saying tucano is not a reliable platform.
Uh, the Hurkus is basically a Tucano. I agree, but from what I understand Tunisia doesn't face many conventional threats as other nations do.

we already upgraded our F-5 avionic wise ( 2014-2018 ) i read an artical about it last year
why you are going to replace the tigers?? it does not make any sense they are cheap and reliable. even US navy has a plan to upgrade and operate them for another two decades. and the worst part is your going to replace it with tucanoso_Oo_O
used f-16 option was good but this...

why you are going to replace the tigers?? it does not make any sense they are cheap and reliable. even US navy has a plan to upgrade and operate them for another two decades. and the worst part is your going to replace it with tucanoso_Oo_O
The F-5s are only used for opposing force training to simulate enemy air forces. Trust me you need to get them replaced simply because less, and less services will be available, and less, and less, upgrades will be available later. Tunisia should really set a Forces Goal 2030 or something like that. It would specify what armament that each branch procures and help tell us all what they are getting in the future. My thoughts are new tanks like M1 Abrams, F-16s, new APCs. Honestly, most things Tunisia has need to be replaced to keep up with modern armies today.

i don't think tunisia will retaire the F5 and replace them with ligh attack the only way to retaire the F5 is when we get fighters that is it

i don't think tunisia will retaire the F5 and replace them with ligh attack the only way to retaire the F5 is when we get fighters that is it
My opinion is to sell them back to the U.S. for opposing force training or exchanging them in smaller numbers for F-16s. Not many nations operate them and the U.S. needs them for training and will pay good amounts for them. Much better than scrapping them anyway.

Uh, the Hurkus is basically a Tucano. I agree, but from what I understand Tunisia doesn't face many conventional threats as other nations do.
my bad i meant hurjet. worst part of threats is you don't see they comming until they are there. also as i can remember tunisian tigers went against israeli jets in several cases.
atleast if you are interested in lower price and easy maintenance turboprups pursue drone based AF.

Trust me you need to get them replaced simply because less, and less services will be available, and less, and less, upgrades will be available later
bro i am tring to not spam this thread. we are not obssesed with f-5 we have interest in it because it's easy to make one. it has almost 8000 component vs 40000 components that make a tomcat. also the final goal of the whole saeqeh, azarakhsh and kowsar is this:
43254643635756.jpg

my bad i meant hurjet. worst part of threats is you don't see they comming until they are there. also as i can remember tunisian tigers went against israeli jets in several cases.
atleast if you are interested in lower price and easy maintenance turboprups pursue drone based AF.

bro i am tring to not spam this thread. we are not obssesed with f-5 we have interest in it because it's easy to make one. it has almost 8000 component vs 40000 components that make a tomcat. also the final goal of the whole saeqeh, azarakhsh and kowsar is this:
View attachment 545945
we hardly have diplomatic relation with iran so it's impossible t go to military simply because we are in ur enemy side ( usa ) so we go to usa and west in our military is more reliable then going somewhere else

we hardly have diplomatic relation with iran so it's impossible t go to military simply because we are in ur enemy side ( usa ) so we go to usa and west in our military is more reliable then going somewhere else
i am sure world is not that black and white but even though going after tucano is a mistake. go for griffins, hurjet,t-50,yak-130,m-346 fighter version or even cheaper l-15 which is really good in it's own class.
i wish best for you guys.

Hey Tunisians, I don't remember which one of you told me that Jordan and Tunisia rarely cooperate but from Jadara a Jordanian companies website it says the UAE and Tunisia have both procured the Terminator ATGM which can penetrate 550mm of armor after ERA and only weighs about 31kg complete. The tech is Ukrainian but there was a transfer of technology which ended up with Jordan having production and knowledge for future ATGMs.

J%20TERMINATOR_0_0.png

JADARA brings to South Africa Medium Range Anti-Tank Guided Missile System

Jordan's Jadara Equipment and Defence Systems (Hangar 2, Stand CE22) has brought its new Terminator anti-tank guided missile (ATGM) to South Africa following its unveiling in Jordan earlier this year.

Terminator ATGM has a minimum range of 100m and a maximum range of 2,300m and is being marketed with two different warheads, with the missile itself having a diameter of 107mm. The offered warheads are a tandem high-explosive anti-tank, which is claimed to be able to penetrate at least 550mm of conventional steel armour protected by explosive reactive armour, and a high-explosive fragmentation warhead, which can also penetrate 550mm of conventional steel armour, as well as having a fragmentation effect. The missile is laser guided and all the operator has to do is to keep his sight locked onto the target until impact.

In addition to the standard man-portable tripod-mounted version of the Terminator, it can also be mounted on a remote weapon station, with the gunner under armour protection in the hull.

Jadara Equipment and Defence Systems has been in quantity production of the Nash-Shab (RPG-32) shoulder-fired rocket launcher for some years, which was developed in association with the Russian Bazalt company.

In addition to being in service with the Jordanian Army, it is understood that export sales have been made to the UAE and Tunisia.

I seriously doubt this is fake news considering it is on the website of a KADDB company but if is real as I thought this could mean future defense purchases, and cooperation between Jordan and Tunisia,

Just some test firing of the ATGM if your interested.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom