What's new

Turkey Commemorates Its Founding Father Ataturk

what

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Mustafa Kemal Ataturk died at 9:05 a.m. on November 10, 1938 at the age of 57. On November 10, daily life and traffic stops at 9:05 a.m. for two minutes as sirens wailing and people observing two minutes of silence out of respect to Ataturk.

Turkey Commemorates Its Founding Father Ataturk, 10 November 2012 Saturday 11:20

http://webtv.hurriyet.com.tr/2/40965/0/1/09-05-te-kopru-de-trafik-durdu.aspx

http://webtv.hurriyet.com.tr/2/40962/0/1/ulu-onder-mustafa-kemal-ataturk-u-ozlemle-aniyoruz.aspx

j9rE3rXkoMIcm.jpg

May the Father of Turks rest in peace !

The Father of my Nation said this of Ataturk at latter's demise : “He (Kemal Ataturk) was the greatest Musalman in the modern Islamic World and I am sure the entire Musalmans (sic) world will deeply mourn his passing away. It is impossible to express adequately in a press interview one’s appreciation of his remarkable and varied services, as the builder and maker of Modern Turkey and an example to the rest of the world, especially to the Musalman states in the Middle East. The remarkable way in which he rescued and built up his people against all odds has no parallel in the history of the world. He must have derived the greatest sense of satisfaction that he fully accomplished his mission during his lifetime and left his people and his country consolidated, united and a powerful nation. In him, not only the Musalmans, but the whole world has lost one of the greatest men that ever lived.”

He was a great person but Turkey should move forward. 'Cult personality' is a barrier. Well, this ideology of Turkey later played a vital part in Germany, Pakistan, India & Bangladesh. And somehow, because of it's first introduction after WW1,helped Turkey to gain independence. But it's true, in long run it brings some demerits too. Turkey is facing a little, but Bangladesh, Pakistan & India got it like fantasy. I urge my Muslim bros to at least have some knowledge this kind of Celebrations. Those are actually used as weak points by enemies.

He was a great person but Turkey should move forward. 'Cult personality' is a barrier. Well, this ideology of Turkey later played a vital part in Germany, Pakistan, India & Bangladesh. And somehow, because of it's first introduction after WW1,helped Turkey to gain independence. But it's true, in long run it brings some demerits too. Turkey is facing a little, but Bangladesh, Pakistan & India got it like fantasy. I urge my Muslim bros to at least have some knowledge this kind of Celebrations. Those are actually used as weak points by enemies.

Lets honor the man the Turkish Nation call as their Father & give good tidings for the day to the Turks ! Lets discuss those things on some other thread preferably at a later date.

May the Father of Turks rest in peace !

The Father of my Nation said this of Ataturk at latter's demise : “He (Kemal Ataturk) was the greatest Musalman in the modern Islamic World and I am sure the entire Musalmans (sic) world will deeply mourn his passing away. It is impossible to express adequately in a press interview one’s appreciation of his remarkable and varied services, as the builder and maker of Modern Turkey and an example to the rest of the world, especially to the Musalman states in the Middle East. The remarkable way in which he rescued and built up his people against all odds has no parallel in the history of the world. He must have derived the greatest sense of satisfaction that he fully accomplished his mission during his lifetime and left his people and his country consolidated, united and a powerful nation. In him, not only the Musalmans, but the whole world has lost one of the greatest men that ever lived.”

mr Kamal's legacy is very limited to turkey, now even turkey as AKP is changing his legacy, how can you even remotely relate him to other muslim world

he couldnt even achieve turkey's merger with EU which was his primary aim as he started westernisation of turkey to the european standards, so his legacy is a failed legacy..

mr Kamal's legacy is very limited to turkey, now even turkey as AKP is changing his legacy, how can you even remotely relate him to other muslim world

he couldnt even achieve turkey's merger with EU which was his primary aim as he started westernisation of turkey to the european standards, so his legacy is a failed legacy..

Westernisation of Turkey and merger with EU are 2 different goals..

If his legacy would be a failed one, you would see a crumbling Turkey but you dont..Thanks to his teachings, efforts Turkey is what it is right now..Turkish youth will always be grateful to our founding father

Dude, you are not making any sense. Kemal Ataturk died in 1938 and European Union ( EU ) did not exist at that time. Infact, at that time Hitler was getting ready to invade his European Neighbours.

What are you talking about ?

Please show some respect to our Turkish Brothers. How would you like other people criticisng Muhammad ali Jinnah on December 25 ? Our Turkish Brothers love Mustafa Pasha Kemal Ataturk, so let us show respect to him out of respect and love for our Turkish Brothers.

Father of modern Turkey which has turned out to be a tolerant and secular nation. He had achieved something which astounds me - establishing a secular country overcoming centuries of religious based tradition is not a difficult task. He will always have my respect.

Back
Top Bottom