What's new

Turkey in the First World War

Bernard Lewis claims that the Armenians were not killed in a genocide and for that he came under alot of fire from Armenian groups.

Lewis does not deny that Armenians died by the hundreds of thousands. What he does point out is the lack of a paper trail and physical evidence demonstrating that the slaughter, starvation, etc. was deliberate government policy.

Suppose Germany had negotiated a peace to end WWII. Eventually, people would have noticed that the Jews in occupied areas had vanished. Maybe they would even discover some remnants of concentration camps, a few graves, and accounts by individual German soldiers. Yet if Germany hadn't been occupied (and thus everyone could discover that the genocide of Europe's Jews was directed by the Nazi leadership) would there have been any more evidence than that which exists of Turkey's actions against the Armenians?

Had the Ottoman Empire not dissapeared the world would had been very different now and a lot more in Muslims Favor.

I know it's a only a dream but there should be a revival of Caliphate.A united Islamic Country Composed of Many Islamic States a Sort of confederation with extremely autonomous provinces.

Had the Ottoman Empire not dissapeared the world would had been very different now and a lot more in Muslims Favor.
Can you support that assertion?

What's your Problem??Haven't you studied history.And by the way i was talking about World for Muslims so don't worry.

Pak-yes, if you've studied history you should be able to support your assertions. (I might even agree with your position, if you can argue it well.)

PN: Solomon's House. You're welcome.

Pak-yes, if you've studied history you should be able to support your assertions. (I might even agree with your position, if you can argue it well.)

Listen man i do not need to explain to a christian or a Jew or atheist or whatever your Religion is.Only a Muslim will Understand.

And Besides Don't try to play innocent you very well know what i mean when i say that history would be different for Muslims had Ottoman Empire not finished.

Listen man i do not need to explain to a christian or a Jew or atheist or whatever your Religion is.Only a Muslim will Understand...you very well know what i mean -
I thought you were talking about Muslims as people, not as religious objects. Sorry!

I thought you were talking about Muslims as people, not as religious objects. Sorry!

And One More thing try to explain things in simplified English so i understand what you are saying.

And One More thing try to explain things in simplified English so i understand what you are saying.
You claimed that if the Ottoman Empire stayed around the world would be more favorable for Muslims.

What you meant to say is that it would be more favorable for Islam, correct?

So where it concerns people, I'm interested and I want to hear and judge the argument objectively. But when people are reduced to objects, then you're just talking about religion, ideology, etc. That's more subjective and where Islam is concerned I understand that opinions coming from a Jew have little weight, regardless of intrinsic merit.

^^Now that's better trying not to play games.

Ok Out of Infinite Advantages that a Person can not foresee but one of them would be that there would be no state of Israel so no Palestinians would be dying and there would not be need of so many wars in middle east.

That in effect would give little justification to Islamic Extremists.

^^^^
I think that view is rather superficial and quite uninformed. You don't seem to know very much about the internal strains of the Ottoman Empire. I suggest you review 19th century Ottoman history and report back to us.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom