What's new

Turkey nixes Israel’s ‘US-like regret’ offer

In my opinion Israel's current strategy is pretty effective, which is ignoring AKP's anti-Israel rhetoric. But since Turks are already offended, i suppose its too late.

From this point, even with the AKP's gone, i don't think relation of our countries would normalize without an official apology which Israel determined not to.

In my opinion Israel's current strategy is pretty effective, which is ignoring AKP's anti-Israel rhetoric. But since Turks are already offended, i suppose its too late.

From this point, even with the AKP's gone, i don't think relation of our countries would normalize without an official apology which Israel determined not to.
When AKP is gone and there is a government in Turkey which does not befriend our enemies, i`m certain an official apology for the loss of life will be issued. And the past will be in the past.

@PteX, That's what we've been telling you for the last few years. AKP won, damage to Turkish-Israeli relations are irreversible

It will be like as it is with the Greeks. Nothing positive, nothing negative.

When AKP is gone and there is a government in Turkey which does not befriend our enemies, i`m certain an official apology for the loss of life will be issued. And the past will be in the past.
how do you know this? Proof?

And secondly Israeli relationship is platonic. Even Israel/American relationship is not equal, you can only be friends with Israel if you provide benefit to Israel. Otherwise you are goyim. Not?

how do you know this? Proof?

And secondly Israeli relationship is platonic. Even Israel/American relationship is not equal, you can only be friends with Israel if you provide benefit to Israel. Otherwise you are goyim. Not?
Atawolf, did you know during Turkey's campaigns against her enemies, and Turkey needed help, even the US declined to assist you.
Guess who Turkey turned to for their needs? Israel. Turkey's allies turned their back on Turkey and Israel was the only one willing to help you.

Cyprus Missile Crisis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Russia initially avoided direct confrontation with Turkey, but insisted repeatedly that the sale of S-300s to Cyprus would proceed without interference. Turkey consequently looked to her strategic NATO partners, including the United States for reassurances that she would not be prevented from acting against the perceived threat, should the need arise. Evidently, these reassurances did not come, and Turkey instead turned to neighbouring Israel for weapons and training to deal with the S-300s directly."

Israel is a good friend to have because Israelis value loyalty above all. This is simply one example of how reliable of a friend Israel was for Turkey.

guess the situation is far more complex than before and its not just about current governments or their political inclinations anymore, there are strategic and dynamic complications for instance natural gas reserves in eastern mediterranean or rapprochement between israel and greece&southern cyprus

dont know may be in a way what happened between our countries was almost inevitable...

I wish the relationships was screwed up because of strategical issues. Greeks are stealing Cyprus' neatural resources in broad daylight.

If it was Ecevit's time they'd put a phucking torpedo in that platform.

SS Struma. Apparently you needed to be reminded of that.
But how about we stop living in the past, what do you think?
Turkey was not the sole responsible party in the tragedy of Struma. Sure, when we look at today, actions of Turkish government at the time can be seen as condemning. But Turkey was a neutral country in WWII, unlike the country whom the ship belong to and the country whom drowned it. Terrible tragedy indeed, but it's no where comparable to deliberate attack of Israel on USA ship in 1967.

SS Struma. Apparently you needed to be reminded of that.
But how about we stop living in the past, what do you think?
IF i could see a future, we'd be talking about it.

But we aren't because you can't see it either.

Turkey was not the sole responsible party in the tragedy of Struma. Sure, when we look at today, actions of Turkish government at the time can be seen as condemning. But Turkey was a neutral country in WWII, unlike the country whom the ship belong to and the country whom drowned it. Terrible tragedy indeed, but it's no where comparable to deliberate attack of Israel on USA ship in 1967.
The subject of USS Liberty has been closed a long time now and was never accepted by the Americans nor the Israelis for anything other than a mistake of identity.
Conspiracy theories have been going on ever since the incident and they will continue until people simply forget or focus on current conspiracies. And there are many each year.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom