What's new

Turkish Air Defence Programs

... I believe What "Turkey wants is an anti-ballistic missile defense system like THAAD in Long altitude Long range program. If Europe can not provide such a tech," No need to proceed negotiations with them since Turkey has already been developing own system-Siper- which is going to be ranked in similar league with Pac-3 and Aster-30...

He owns this technology (France), not the budget (Too heavy just for 2 countries, France-Italy).

Can anybody tell me how true that is, because Patriots sure did not manage to catch the Yemeni cruise missiles fired at Saudi Arabia a couple weeks ago. What should make Hisar-A different? Someone please explain, because I dont know much about missile defence.

To ward off such threats, you need an extremely manoeuvrable missile defense system like Iron Dome.

Can anybody tell me how true that is, because Patriots sure did not manage to catch the Yemeni cruise missiles fired at Saudi Arabia a couple weeks ago. What should make Hisar-A different? Someone please explain, because I dont know much about missile defence.
Short range missiles dont need to carry huge rocket masses, therefore expected to have better maneuver capabilities. Lowest layer short range airdefence missiles are the final and last layer of defence (other than CRAM system), therefore it is expected for these short range systems to possess relatively higher agility for all kinds of threats, have much smaller response times and perform well for a variety of scenarios. All those different range air defence layers have their own niche properties; therefore, "longest range system is the best one of all" is a faulty statement, which usually reveals the ignorance on the subject.

He owns this technology (France), not the budget (Too heavy just for 2 countries, France-Italy).

To ward off such threats, you need an extremely manoeuvrable missile defense system like Iron Dome.

First of all, you must turn radar on right direction.

I mean with latest french sanction bro

It pertain not authorize projects or exports.

First of all, you must turn radar on right direction.

Even imagining it, Israel will not sell this equipment to no Arab nation. However Turkey has all technological capabilities to develop such a system it is very lethal to shells, drones and medium-range cruise missiles.

They mean future export.

Why Turkey still protect Europe ? while Europe support PKK/YPG Terror Organization to destroy Turkey's territorial integrity

PKK was recognized as Terror Organization by the EU and The EU support terrorism against NATO member Turkey

-- to open borders and 3,6 million Syrian refugees flow into Europe
-- to close Kurecik Radar Base ( American AN/TPY2 Radar is part of NATO Missile defense system to protect Europe from Iranian and Russian Ballistic Missile threats )
-- to block Eastern Mediterranean against French Warships ( only Turkey,The UK and Greece have rights about guarantee the independence, territorial integrity and security of Cyprus )

Short range missiles dont need to carry huge rocket masses, therefore expected to have better maneuver capabilities. Lowest layer short range airdefence missiles are the final and last layer of defence (other than CRAM system), therefore it is expected for these short range systems to possess relatively higher agility for all kinds of threats, have much smaller response times and perform well for a variety of scenarios. All those different range air defence layers have their own niche properties; therefore, "longest range system is the best one of all" is a faulty statement, which usually reveals the ignorance on the subject.

That means effective air defence is only possible with multiple different systems from CRAM, short range, medium range to long range pretty much?

Oh so it is not effecting samp/t agrrement right?
It is not coppied by them.. the only difference, Samp/t is designed to be able to stop 3march misisles too, wich was tested by France successfully. As Russia has most of those cruise missiles, It was a must to develop such system, which is also taken into consideration that Pakistan will also be interested to purchase it against Indian versions.
It might not be able to purchase it in quadropack, but knowing that it can also stop them, will save you lots of money. ESSM, need to be fired 4 missiles for each such system to stop...

Back
Top Bottom