Turkish Authorities Disprove Plane Shot Down by Syria

Killuminati

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
174206395.jpg

16:48 10/08/2012
MOSCOW, August 10 (RIA Novosti)

An investigation by Turkish authorities found no evidence that the Turkish reconnaissance aircraft that crashed on June 22 was shot down by Syrian air defense, the Turkish newspaper Hurriyet reported on Friday.

A Turkish Air Force reconnaissance aircraft RF-4E left on June 22 from the Erkhach Air Base in Turkey’s southeastern Malatya Province and disappeared from radar screens a half hour later while in Mediterranean Sea airspace on the western border of Syria and Turkey’s Hatay province. Syria initially said it fired at the Turkish aircraft after it unlawfully entered its territorial waters. Turkey, in turn, insisted the plane was shot down in international airspace and then its debris fell into Syrian territorial waters.

In its Friday edition, Hurriyet said the detailed report rejected the possibility of any involvement of Syrian air defense, based on the chemical and physical analysis of 20 fragments of the crashed aircraft.

The newspaper did not indicate whether the report pointed to a potential cause for the crash.

On July 13, the General Staff of the Turkish armed forces said the plane was shot down by Syrian defense.

Turkish Authorities Disprove Plane Shot Down by Syria | Defense | RIA Novosti

'Türk jetinin vuruldu

Wondering what Tayyip and Davutoglu gonna say now.

Well what happened then?

It couldn't have just fallen out of the sky.

I seriously have no idea what are they trying to do, if it was not shot down why would Syria claim they did it ?

I think syria shooted at a plane but miss, also pilot have made wrong execute so splash

I think syria shooted at a plane but miss, also pilot have made wrong execute so splash

The theory here is that the comminication systems of the plane was damaged by the impact of missile or pilots passed out by the impact.

If what you said would be true, then pilots should've warned the base?

The theory here is that the comminication systems of the plane was damaged by the impact of missile or pilots passed out by the impact.

If what you said would be true, then pilots should've warned the base?
But I think what you said above still means Syria shot it down.If I remember well,they even found the signs of anti aircraft guns on the body of downed plane (I'm not sure about that).It's very improbable that this plane has crashed without any external cause.

But I think what you said above still means Syria shot it down.If I remember well,they even found the signs of anti aircraft guns on the body of downed plane (I'm not sure about that).It's very improbable that this plane has crashed without any external cause.

Thats what i was trying to tell. Syria did it.

About signs of AA gun, can you provide a source for that?

Ah please, of course they did, they even staged a video for that matter.

If you read the source,it is mentioned that U.S intelligence too,has admitted it was downed by AA guns.However,it's still may not be true.

I did when it first came out. The report base on an unkown US "official" ...

It is not true, there was no sign of AA gun on the bodies of pilots nor on the plane.

Missile downed Turkish jet, deputy PM says

A Turkish jet that was downed on June 22 was hit by a missile launched by Syria, according to Deputy Prime Minister Beşir Atalay, daily Hürriyet has reported.

Though Atalay said the cause had not yet been confirmed by Air Force units, the object that most probably brought down the Turkish jet was a Russian-made missile.

The missiles, of which Syria is a known owner, are heat-sensitive and require no radar system to locate airplanes.

Confirmation will only come after further investigation by Air Force units, Atalay said.

INTERNATIONAL - Missile downed Turkish jet, deputy PM says

The missiles, of which Syria is a known owner, are heat-sensitive and require no radar system to locate airplanes. ???

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/turkey...rove-plane-shot-down-syria.html#ixzz26LOTeb28

if this is the case... then;

Syrian Air Defense Force

Lavochkin CP-75 Dvina/S-75M Volga (SA-2) launchers
Isayev S-125 Neva/S-125M Pechora (SA-3) launchers
S-200 Angara (SA-5) launchers
2K12 Kub (SA-6) launchers
9K33 Osa (SA-8) launchers
9K31 Strela-1 (SA-9) launchers X ?
9K35 Strela-10 (SA-13) launchers X ?
S-300 (SA-10) launchers
9K37 Buk (SA-11) launchers
9M311-1M Tunguska (SA-19) launchers
TOR-M1 (SA-15) launchers
Pantsir-S1 (SA-22) launchers

or a Man-portable air-defense system X ?

If you read the source,it is mentioned that U.S intelligence too,has admitted it was downed by AA guns.However,it's still may not be true.
It's bullsh*t. A strong airframe like F4s can't be shot down with an AA gun especially from that kind of distance. It would be a miracle.

As I understand there were two Turkish F-4s that were fired upon with AA while flying low over the coastline. One made it back and the other crashed in waters during its abort when headed to sea to clear the border.
US intel does confirm that....no matter how hard of a fact it is for Turkey to swallow.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom