What's new

Turkish Aviation Programs

Machines can be replaced. Lives can not. Good to hear that the pilots have landed safe and sound. I won’t say that it is a good thing that an aircraft has crashed. But I will say that at least it happened during the prototype stage and not on a production model. Let’s hope that the engineers will be able to obtain most valuable data from the crashed aircraft and hopefully, this will be the end of what critical error has occurred in the aircraft.

I don't know. have not seen it. It caught my attention cause this seems like a news fresh out of factory so it could be many issues. At this point one can't say anything about it. The news said it was a test flight so things can go wrong in test flight. that is normal thing.
The feature I liked is the ejection seat in this trainer. which saved both pilots. what seat is turkey using in this aircraft?
intesresting part is the seating brand shared the news in their tweeter as a sukkess)

Btw. just the recent months shows us that there is quite a need for refuel aircraft, are there plans to add more stratotankers or aircrafts of this sort or will the number remain at 7?

Btw. just the recent months shows us that there is quite a need for refuel aircraft, are there plans to add more stratotankers or aircrafts of this sort or will the number remain at 7?
World and US is going to buy unmanned refuel airkraft. in modern war, those refuel airplanes getting shot from 400km away with s400.

The purchase of a new generation tanker has been on the agenda for a long time. However, it couldn't prioritized due to resource planning. Ofc, waiting of European solution may also be another factor. Or if you look at the developments in recent years, maybe something can be planned over AN-77 (An-112KC).

The traditional approach of the air force is probably the KC-46 Pegasus purchase, but you know, the relations between the two countries are quite problematic in recent years.

World and US is going to buy unmanned refuel airkraft. in modern war, those refuel airplanes getting shot from 400km away with s400.
It is not that easy. These aircrafts proved their operational reliability over and over again at the protected airspaces. Also, these stratotanker aircrafts do not need to work in enemy engagement range.

The unmanned tanker aircrafts you are talking about are essentially dedicated for aircraft carrier strike group in order to undertake some of the tanking missions of F-18s, and all have very limited carrying capacity. This aircraft mission role developed for the fighter aircraft's to be able to take off from deck with more weapon load.

The concepts are very different. So there is no unmanned system to take on the task of a KC-46 or equivalent aircraft yet. As aviation changes according to the conditions of its time in the coming years, ofc there may be innovations in this field.

Last edited:
The purchase of a new generation tanker has been on the agenda for a long time. However, it couldn't prioritized due to resource planning. Ofc, waiting of European solution may also be another factor. Or if you look at the developments in recent years, maybe something can be planned over AN-77 (An-112KC).

The traditional approach of the air force is probably the KC-46 Pegasus purchase, but you know, the relations between the two countries are quite problematic in recent years.

I hope the Air Force keeps away from the KC-46 as far as possible. The whole project is a Fiasko coupled with a way overpriced price tag for each aircraft.

Back
Top Bottom