What's new

Turkish Aviation Programs

Its rumored that Twin engine solution has been chosen for the TFX project, anyone can confirm this?

asdbvsdh.jpg

can someone tell me more about Turkey's fifth generation fighter program??

can someone tell me more about Turkey's fifth generation fighter program??
Plan is to make a modern multirole fighter to replace our F-16s and became new backbone of our air force for next 30+ years.Its still in feasibility process and also i heard air force wanting beyond 40.000 lbf power for this jet.Air force again wants a single engined fighter but since there is only one single engine capable of giving that much power that engine none other than F-35's engine and there a little chance U.S. giving such advanced engine to us therefore there is also possibility of using twin engines of Europen origin so its not decided yet whatever it will be single engined or twin.

Last edited:
Plan is to make a modern multirole fighter to replace our F-16s and became new backbone of our air force for next 30+ years.Its still in feasibility process and also i heard air force wanting beyond 40.000 lbf power for this jet.
What is timeline of completion of project??

What is timeline of completion of project??
-Expected development time is 10 years(or 15) if i remember right.
-Expected development start date : 2023
-Expected first fly date : 2030

It should be 10 years(or 15) if i remember right.
-Expected development start date : 2023
-Expected first fly date : 2030
What do you mean by devlopment start date in 2023??
Project has been stalled right now??

Last edited:
What do you mean by devlopment start date in 2023??
Project has been stlled right now??
As far as i know yes they completed feasibility study just four months ago no new news surfaced since then.

Back
Top Bottom