What's new

Turkish Aviation Programs

September 2005

Eurofighter Typhoon makes first-ever appearance in Turkey. The Italian Air Force send two aircraft from Grosseto as part of the International Defence Fair (IDEF) 2005, in Ankara.

February 2005

At the invitation of the Italian Air Force two pilots of the Turkish Air Force had the opportunity to fly Eurofighter at Grosseto Base in a three ship formation with pilots of the hosting 4th Squadron. During the flight, that lasted 45 minutes, the Turkish pilots experienced the excellent aircraft performance of high manoeuvrability and exceptional thrust. Several manoeuvres were performed to underline the incredible acceleration and the optimum handling of the aircraft and its intercepting capabilities.

Eurofighter: 2005

As far as I know It was Eurofighter Tranche 1 that Turkish pilots tested and According to reports, Capabilities of Tranche1 did not satisfied pilots in 2005.

At present, Eurofighter consertium is planning a new test-fly with Turkish pilots. According to some news, Germany airforce will send a Eurofighter Tranche 3 aircraft to Turkey for pilots but This time, They are sure to make Turkish pilots happy with new generation Eurofighter model...

Probably what everyone misses is the cost of maintenance for a totally new aircraft and lack of flight and maintenance personnel experience comes with it.

When we need to defend ourselves and send up decades old airframes i am sure we will be complaining about not replacing them due to maintenance issues.

When we need to defend ourselves and send up decades old airframes i am sure we will be complaining about not replacing them due to maintenance issues.
My point was not sticking to old equipment but burden of costs that will come if it was chosen to join a program after all those years. I'm sure TuAF and MoD analysed this to a great extend. Maybe they think current capabilities of F-16 fleet, with upgrades to CCIP level, can serve well with F-35 planes, which are planned to start to get in inventory in 2016. As Murad Bayar mentioned before, when remaning F-4's phase out in 2020, EF2000 can be considered.

BTW doesn't the new procurement of F-16's is aimed to fill the gap of phased planes?

My point was not sticking to old equipment but burden of costs that will come if it was chosen to join a program after all those years. I'm sure TuAF and MoD analysed this to a great extend. Maybe they think current capabilities of F-16 fleet, with upgrades to CCIP level, can serve well with F-35 planes, which are planned to start to get in inventory in 2016. As Murad Bayar mentioned before, when remaning F-4's phase out in 2020, EF2000 can be considered.

BTW doesn't the new procurement of F-16's is aimed to fill the gap of phased planes?

These F-16s are meant to fill the void from 2010-2015 till the F-35s come in. If you remember in 99-00 we were considering F-15s but because of budget issues we ended up having Israel upgrade 54 of our F-4s to make the viable as modern strike aircraft at the time.
Decade later it is time for another stop gap and more F-16s are ordered. Idk if the procurement office knows what they are doing tbh. Do they really plan on adding 5th gen aircraft to replace 3rd gen aircraft and keep the 4th gen aircraft as long as we did the F-5 and F-4s ? Because countries like Germany (Will have 98 EFT by 2013 to replace F-4s) UK[64 EFT in service 160 total on order with 138 F-35Bs also on order) Italy (50 EFT in service 96 aircraft total order) Spain ( Again EFT in service with more on order) France has their Rafale already in service. Here we are Turkey with 30 F-16 Block 50+ on order waiting till 2015 for any next gen aircraft. By that time most countries will be far ahead in procurement. We need to make this EFT deal NOW or we will fall behind.

TAI Modernizated T-38M ARI (Bee) Advanced trainer aircraft...

64685_446838117435_624742435_5237382_4147174_n.jpg

73493496145561270711891.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

3507495c.jpg
t38mcockpit.jpg

Baykar Mini UAV system

Payload section

THERMAL CAMERA PAYLOAD
* Uncooled Vox Microbolometer Sensor Type
* FPA Format with 324 x 256 Resolution
* 25 Hz Full Frame Rate
* Operating Temp: -40 C - 80 C
* Sensitivity: <50 mk f/1.0
* Tilt Axis Movement
* Precise Target Coordinate Estimation
* On Screen Display Features

minithermal.jpg

DAY CAMERA PAYLOAD

*CCD Sensor
*1.5 Lux Minimum Illumination
*25 Hz Full Frame Rate
*10 X Optical Zoom
*720 x 580 Resolution
*Precise Target Coordinate Estimation
*On Screen Display Features

miniday.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

Aerial Platform

Fuselage

Aerial Vehicle Fuselage components are made through special high technology composites materials such as Carbon Fibre, Glass Fibre, Kevlar, CNC Machine special form cut foam, epoxy materials. Front section is for the modular payload either thermal camera module or day camera module installed preflight.

Wing is assembled with 3 separate parts (Right Wing, Middle Wing, Left Wing), V-Tails assembled to tail boom, Tail Boom assembled to main fuselage. All the main structural parts are interchangeable. Main Fuselage is mostly Kevlar laminated to absorb the shock of belly landing.

stbody.jpg
modwing.jpg

Parachute System

Bayraktar Mini UAV has a unique parachute system designed for the recovery. Although the system has an automatic belly landing feature, Parachute System makes it available to land on areas with restricted flatness.

miniuavparachute.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 AM ----------

Portable GCS

* Modular System
o Sun Shield Mechanism with the carrying bag
o Components Packed in ruggedized plastic bag
+ Ruggedized Touchscreen Laptop PC
+ Real Time Microcontroller Based System
+ Membrane Button Panel
+ Industrial Joystick
+ Power Supply
+ Rechargeable Battery Unit (3 Hours Working Time)

mobilegcs1.jpg

Bayraktar Mini UAV Delivery - December 2007

Last edited by a moderator:
HAVELSAN has successfully exported the first Electronic Warfare Test and Training Range (EWTTR) - 12.01.2011

HAVELSAN has delivered the Electronic Warfare Test and Training Range System to Pakistan Air Force. In July 2010 acceptance tests were successfully completed and the guarantee period was started. The Electronic Warfare Test and Training Range ceremony was conducted on January 6, 2011 with the presence of Pakistan Air Force Commander Air Chief Marshall Rao Qamar Suleman, Deputy Commander of Pakistan Air Force Air Marshall Muhammad Hassan, Undersecretary of Turkish Defense Industry Murad Bayar, General Manager of Turkish Armed Forces Foundation Hayrettin Uzun, HAVELSAN Chairman of the Board Rasim Arslan, Deputy Undersecretary of National Defense Major General Nihat K&#246;kmen, HAVELSAN General Manager Dr. Faruk A. Yarman, Head of International Cooperation of SSM L&#252;tfi Varo&#287;lu and other senior officials in Islamabad, Pakistan.

HAVELSAN

If everything goes according schedule, HÜRKU&#350; development will end 2012, HÜRKU&#350;-B 2013 and HÜRKU&#350;-C 2015.

attachment.php

HÜRKU&#350;(left), HÜRKU&#350;-B(right)

Now u can. I didn't know before that the word " Defence talk " is not allowed here i.e. the spelling without the space in between.

I had seen these Photos long before News were revealed that Turkey will Design it's indigenous Fighter !

damnit.. it doesn't look official..
but i hope it will be a strike or bomber stealth plane.
which can be also multi role for some air to air purposes.
pure air superiority fighter is useless

Back
Top Bottom