What's new

Turkish Commander Checks Out JF-17 C

I don't give a shit, won't even read.

lol, no. Never gonna happen.

It's just a way go get the Americans to proceed with the Block 70 sale
Lol, self comfort. :rofl:

You know. Turkey is just a beginner.

I would argue that, it is specifically because sensors and networks plays a bigger and bigger role, it makes greater sense to invest in longer ranged, more versatile platforms instead of a smaller, restrictive airframe. It would be a shame if a jet enjoys very impressive sensors and EW systems to make it competitive in an action zone, but because its restrictive size does not have the range to reach it, have little action time before bingo fuel, or cannot employ its full multi-role potential because of limited hardpoint options.

I don't dispute any of this, but at the end JF-17 is a supersonic aircraft with more payload capacity then what would fit F-35s internal weapons bays. Unless you're getting a fifth gen aircraft, bigger airframes with more kinematic performance doesn't matter enough to make a real difference

As for your last suggestion, I don't think Pakistan can afford it, against india, numbers matter, UAVs can take over some of the A2G duties, but they will need as many jets in the air as possible for an air war.

Lol, self comfort. :rofl:

You know. Turkey is just a beginner.
If you believe these news, you're a retard.

Turkey is never going to buy J-10 or any other Chinese plane.

Is the Turkey F16 C/D stronger than the Taiwan F-16V?

Nope. F-16V (block-70) is a different beast altogether. Turkey is doing lot of lobbying in US to approve sales of F-16Vs and its kits. Imagine, an allied NATO country had to do lobbying for approval. Crazy.

Wow. For the first time, I learned that the Taiwan F-16V is so powerful. After all. When J-10C participated in the blockade of Taiwan. I have never seen the F-16V take off.

That's perhaps not because of technology but Taiwan just cannot afford to give any reason / any excuse to China. Taiwan would require 100s of F-16Vs and other assets to create a deterrence.

PAF viper fighter-pilots has praised J-10C and have on record said numerous times that J-10C and even JF-17 block III have introduced most potent capabilities to PAF's arsenal. That means those capabilities were not present in the form of F-16s. However, they can be only comparing to F-16 block 52s. The F-16 block 70s are much more advance aircrafts with latest gadgetry, In a nutshell, J-10Cs definitely have advantage over existing Turkish F-16 fleet but same can't be said about Taiwanese block 70s.

It's just a way go get the Americans to proceed with the Block 70 sale

Americans approved happily for greeks. Infact, their existing block-52s are being upgraded to block 72 if am not wrong. US really treating you as a step son. First kicked out NATO member from F-35 then even holding F-16Vs despite all the pleas and lobbying!! Smh!

Let me become a counter salesman for once ;-)

So Greeks with Rafales and F-16Vs that's half a generation ahead of Turkish block52s. Better go for PL-15 solution (J-10Cs or JF-17s) better late than never.

I hope Erdogan will make a right decision.

Man! did I not sounded like a turkish salesman doing a counter offer :D

Are we sure that this plane is JF-17? It is mentioned as j-10 in the news.

No it is a JF-17 C Block-3.

Screenshot_20231024_213903_Chrome.jpg

We might see some joint work on certain subsystems that might be shared between Hürjet and JF17, the two platforms being similiar.

hurjet-750x518.jpg
O Bhai, JF-17 already has integration with Aselpod and should also be able to deploy Turkish weaponry. Hurjet is a trainer and light attack, JF-17 is a full fledged fighter. Hurjet can't carry the kind of weaponry the JF-17 can because both are aircrafts with different purposes. If Turks would like to use their own systems on JF-17 I believe they wouldn't have any problems since JF-17 was a modular design from the start to accommodate PAF and any export customer's requirements. NAF and PAF's Jeffs can use aselpod in place of the Chinese WMD-7. TurAF can always stuff JF-17 with their newly developed components, munitions and subsystems.

HAF have gained a certain edge over the TuAF with the induction of Rafales and F-16V. JF-17 can provide an interim replacement for F-4 T2020 with it's ability to deploy a wide range of stand off munitions. F-16s will continue to serve in TuAF until they have their domestic solution ready or buy something like Rafales/Typhoons/J-10s as replacement.

Last edited:
O Bhai, JF-17 already has integration with Aselpod and should also be able to deploy Turkish weaponry. Hurjet is a trainer and light attack, JF-17 is a full fledged fighter. Hurjet can't carry the kind of weaponry the JF-17 can because both are aircrafts with different purposes. If Turks would like to use their own systems on JF-17 I believe they wouldn't have any problems since JF-17 was a modular design from the start to accommodate PAF and any export customer's requirements. NAF and PAF's Jeffs can use aselpod in place of the Chinese WMD-7. TurAF can always stuff JF-17 with their newly developed components, munitions and subsystems.

HAF have gained a certain edge over the TuAF with the induction of Rafales and F-16V. JF-17 can provide an interim replacement for F-4 T2020 with it's ability to deploy a wide range of stand off munitions. F-16s will continue to serve in TuAF until they have their domestic solution ready or buy something like Rafales/Typhoons/J-10s as replacement.
Hürjet combat variant will be equipped with an F-414 engine and comparable in performance to Gripen-E. JF-17 could be an option but Chinese engine would be the issue. I don't think TAF will touch that. If Pakistan was making a %100 indigenous fighter down to the engine, that would be different.

Most likely what will happen is as I said, we weill be seeing Turkish subsystems on Pakistani planes. And we might see Anka 3 and Kızılelma in Pakistani inventory with TF-6000 Engine

Hürjet combat variant will be equipped with an F-414 engine and comparable in performance to Gripen-E. JF-17 could be an option but Chinese engine would be the issue. I don't think TAF will touch that. If Pakistan was making a %100 indigenous fighter down to the engine, that would be different.

Most likely what will happen is as I said, we weill be seeing Turkish subsystems on Pakistani planes. And we might see Anka 3 and Kızılelma in Pakistani inventory with TF-6000 Engine
JF-17s needs a more powerful engine and in the absence of European and American ones, the engine has to come from China. It's better for Pakistan to take an engine manufacturing facility with ToT from China as the force would be working with 200+ Chinese platforms in the future. PAF's J-10s are already using Chinese engines over the Russian ones so it goes without saying that the Chinese engine technology for mass adoption has matured. The niche for light fighters like JF-17 continues to struggle because of the size of the market. Had JF-17 been inducted by PLAAF, we would have seen a more mature Chinese engine of JF-17 because of the size of the planes operating due to PLAAF. So that's why it's important that the Engine development for JF-17 should be made an in-house capability by PAF.
I wouldn't be comfortable with American and European Engines as their supply is highly dependent upon the political relations with US (as Europe's political stance is generally dominated by the US).

Again feeling no shame comparing a trainer with JF-17s and Gripens ??

Pak / China developed K-8 Trainer in early 1990s. If you compare it with K-8 then it makes sense atleast that you are comparing aircrafts of nearly same roles and nearly same specs.

In

tk8_p_01_l.jpg

In modern era trainers / light attack aircrafts Hurjet can be compared with Chinese L-15, However L-15 is far more capable trainer / light attack then Hurjet. UAE also bought L-15s. L-15 beats Hurjet in every specification. L-15 can carry whooping 3500 KG of payload, Hurjet is far behind L-15 trainer. and when you try to compare it with likes of JF-17s and gripens then it really provides good entertainment and nothing else.

L-15
Hongdu_L-15_Falcon.jpg

JF-17s needs a more powerful engine and in the absence of European and American ones, the engine has to come from China. It's better for Pakistan to take an engine manufacturing facility with ToT from China as the force would be working with 200+ Chinese platforms in the future. PAF's J-10s are already using Chinese engines over the Russian ones so it goes without saying that the Chinese engine technology for mass adoption has matured. The niche for light fighters like JF-17 continues to struggle because of the size of the market. Had JF-17 been inducted by PLAAF, we would have seen a more mature Chinese engine of JF-17 because of the size of the planes operating due to PLAAF. So that's why it's important that the Engine development for JF-17 should be made an in-house capability by PAF.
I wouldn't be comfortable with American and European Engines as their supply is highly dependent upon the political relations with US (as Europe's political stance is generally dominated by the US).

Exactly! This guy has audacity to compare a basic trainer to fighter jets and still persistent to throw up false arguements. Turkey can definitely benefit greatly from JF-17s in their inventory.

Let me underline a few basic facts:

There is not even the slightest news about the J-10, on the contrary, it has been repeatedly denied by official sources. Why did it have to be denied, the first news about it appeared in a foreign media source and then the neo-eurasianist and pro-China media outlet Aydınlık reported it, but in reality there was no such interest and no official contact at all. Unfortunately, there is not a shred of information to believe that this one of news outlet claim is true, but -a wish- in a 'propandized' way. It is a platform that I personally like btw. But unfortunately there is nothing concrete.

The TAF's plan is to modernize the entire 240 F-16 C/D Block30/40/50/50+ fleet. To this end, the TAF signed probably one of the most important contracts in the history of the company in the field of avionics with Aselsan under ÖZGÜR-2. Aselsan's share values increased by 35% after this contract.

In addition to indigenous modernization, there is a stalled issue in the US Congress for the procurement of the B70 modernization kit for 70 jets and 40 new F-16s. If these kits do not arrive, Aselsan-TAI and other contractor companies will subject the entire F-16 fleet to an indigenous modernization program, which has already been initiated years ago.

Turkiye has a well-established F-16 industry. Since the training, logistics and maintenance lines of the air force are based on this platform also, every jet roll out the production line can enter the active inventory in a very short time. This offers not only cost but also time advantages in terms of logistics, training and infrastructure.

If the US continues to stall on 40 additional jets, funding for alternative plans will increase. For example, the legally secured funding allocation for the KAAN project has exceeded $20 billion. This will be followed on a smaller scale by platforms such as Hurjet LAJ, Hurjet-II, KE-I/II, ANKA-III/IV.

I think we missed the train for the purchase of a foreign fighter jet. The 2016-2019 period was the window of opportunity, and that period has passed. I can't blame for this, the country was creating a security perimeter with significant cross-border military operations and this was a serious cost.

2025 is a target for start KE deliveries, 2027/8 KE-II and Hurjet LAJ, start of deliveries of KAAN to the air force from 2028/29 and FOC target by mid-2030s. In the meantime, deliveries of the ANKA IV (penetrator bomber) and twin-engine KE begin. This is how the main structure will develop. What are we going to do for the last 5-6 years and for the next 5-6 years?Commissioning of the National Warning and Command and Control System, the start of active service of tons of strategic avionics for existing fighter jets, including the indigenous mission computer, Iff, data link, and thus maximizing the effectiveness of the indigenous ammunition range. Closing the gaps in all ammunition groups.

This is the general picture, and if the Turkish air force nevertheless takes steps towards an urgent foreign purchase in the face of this situation (other than US-origin), understand that TR is preparing to go to war.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom