What's new

Turkish constitutional referendum 2017 - News, Update & Discussion

Note- sorry for the long post irrelevant to this thread. I hope you do NOT take it in a negative light or mistake it as a rude condescending post. I only had good intentions behind my post.
One question, do you think the 49% who voted no are muslims in your eye?

There were NO concepts of nation states or tunisia during ottoman times or for that matter anytime in Islamic or pre-17 century European history. Nationalism is a modern form of tribalism. Arabs fought alongside turks throughout 18th and 19th century. Its blatant western influenced ehtno-Nationalism and turkification that formented discontent among Arabs and other ethnicities in the then ottoman empire.

You may love your town,city,province,country you were born or raised in. Its natural to feel a belonging to it. But problem arise when that abstract notion is turned into nationalistic zeal whereby any and all sorts of injustice of your group can be "justified". Its the same as pre-islamic tribalism that Islam condemns - that zeal whereby your conscious and morals are clouded. nationalism helps forment supeirority complex, ego & false pride something that does NOT behoove the son of Adam since this superiority complex, ego and flase pride is a feature of saytan Iblis. Example - If tunisian goverment or majority in society commits or supports a wrong, you as a Muslim should NOT follow their lead but oppose them and stand up for justice. That's what it means to be a Muslim (assuming you are a muslim) opposing nationalism.

Note- sorry for the long post irrelevant to this thread. I hope you do NOT take it in a negative light or mistake it as a rude condescending post. I only had good intentions behind my post.:)

Come on don't jump on that... Was using it as a logical rethoric to his statement..;

Come on don't jump on that... Was using it as a logical rethoric to his statement..;
I did NOT condmen or considered you a nationalist in any way shape or form. i just thought that post was relevant to notions of nationalism and posted my deeply held views. I am not judging you in any way shape or form. please do not misunderstand.

westerns are democrat ? who supported coups in egypt and turkey they are not democrat just deceive liberals :-)

One question, do you think the 49% who voted no are muslims in your eye?

When did I say that? Why ask me this question? But yeah Mostly non-muslims (secularist, liberals) voted NO though. The map shows it clearly liberal coastal cities colored deep blue:
https://www.dailysabah.com/election/turkey-2017-referendum

But its NOT like muslims have not voted NO. Its NOT unnatural that there would be some muslim who would oppose erdogan. Afterall he is politician and human. @xenon54

Last edited:
When did I say that? Why ask me this question?
Because of this post of yours.

Alhamdulillah for the Muslims of turkey. Its seems Yes side is winning as expected. A win is a win no matter what the margin. Erdogan and the proposed system is the best possible outcome for Muslims of turkey when given the choice. It would make sure in the future NO one can become president by sidelining Muslim turks and preventing public expression and profession of Islam . Candidates will have to appeal to Muslim turks to win. Insha'Allah the monopoly over power by kemalist and westernized liberal turks (white turks) in Turkey is over.

Well good debates as people at least trust the leaders and want a change towards better system and management having learnt from past mistakes

What sources do you use? Its your own estimation? Or dont you consider Alevi as Muslim?

The Logic. Even in Saudi Arabia which is not a secular state (Turkey) not everyone believes in God. But chuuut it's a secret...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom