What's new

Turkish Defence Industry Exports & Updates

I heard they don't want to give you tech transfer now for the engines or something like that.

It can happen, anything is possible. They may even refuse to sell directly. This just proves what I said.

No country can rely on the products of another country in critical areas for its own defense. She should not be trusted.

Especially if the country we are talking about has established its own defense industry, this rule can never be compromised.

Indonesia's new 90 m offshore patrol Vessels to equip with ADVENT next generation network enabled data integrated Combat Management System

Turkish defence systems company Havelsan is working with Thales Nederland to equip Indonesia's new class of two 90 m offshore patrol vessels (OPVs) with its combat sensors
1637455508401.png

Ukraine milgem is getting shape
Resim
Resim
Resim

this is amazing speed

it will be a very good production run for this FFG

4 for Turkey and 1 special mission so thats 5 hulls

4 for PN so thats 9 hulls

and how many for Ukraine ? and where will they be built

one thing is for sure Turks got the right design with the MILGEM

I am sure the US would want something like this for the LCS programme but have too much ego

my only question is what is going on with Istanbul Class its been laid in 2017 and still not seen the 2nd one, hope they dont take 15 years to do 4 units

Last edited:
this is amazing speed

it will be a very good production run for this FFG

4 for Turkey and 1 special mission so thats 5 hulls

4 for PN so thats 9 hulls

and how many for Ukraine ? and where will they be built

one thing is for sure Turks got the right design with the MILGEM

I am sure the US would want something like this for the LCS programme but have too much ego

my only question is what is going on with Istanbul Class its been laid in 2017 and still not seen the 2nd one, hope they dont take 15 years to do 4 units

Ukrainian Navy corvette is building at RMK Marine. Ukraine has ordered 2 corvettes and as far as I know, there are options for 2 more.
Pakistan's frigates are at ASFAT Pendik Shipyard. As you know, the program includes 2(Pendik)+2(Karachi) frigates.
First I class frigate that will join the Turkish navy has been built in Pendik but the other 3 frigates will be produced in private shipyards.
TCG Ufuk (special-purpose MILGEM variant) was built at antoher private company, Istanbul Shipyard.

Thus, the serial production of the MİLGEM variant ships has now reached a multinational and multi-centered structure.

The first ship, the 3rd ship and the I class frigate have very important breakthroughs in themselves, they are the test and verification legs of the point where the program has reached on the basis of subsystem localization. The whole 15-year process is not a mass production process. It is the creation of a national warship program with national resources. These experiences as a whole made the TF-2000 program are possible, which will be the biggest breakthrough of the republic navy so far.

I can give you an example from past tenders: In the bid given to the Saudi Arabian tender, it was guaranteed that the first ship would be launched in the 8th or 9th month. (While these negotiations were at the signing stage, the agreement could not be concluded due to some political crises.) Likewise, we understand that the corvette being produced for Ukraine has a very fast delivery schedule.

Of course, these system development processes are not the cause of all time losses in this 15-year period. For example, there are other political issues such as the cancellation of the first MILGEM serial production tender (RMK won, it was canceled by the prime minister's decision). But in general terms: We should consider the design, system development, testing&verification processes of lead ships, and serial production separately.

Last edited:
Xbat efendi,do you know what weapons will the Ukrainian Ada class corvettes have on them? Did the Ukrainians decide?
Foinikas komshu,

the ship will have , 76 mm oto malera, ukrainan Neptune ssm, MBDA VL Mica, MU90 torpedo, German millenium gun, aselsan 12,7 mm stamp AFAIK

beware of VLS System
1640872278084.png

Last edited:
the ship will have , 76 mm oto malera, ukrainan Neptune ssm, MBDA VL Mica, MU90 torpedo, German millenium gun, aselsan 12,7 mm stamp AFAIK
Niiiiice ;)

I don't know about the Neptune SSM quality,but the rest are great.

Indonesia gets KAPLAN MT Tanks – 105mm Cockerill cannon​

The Kaplan MT Medium Class Tank developed by Turkey’s FNSS, is now available for use by the Indonesian Army

Under the contract, 18 Kaplan MT Tanks will be produced, the first 10 Tanks will be produced in Turkey and the remaining 8 Tanks will be produced in Indonesia

1647333138381.png

1647333153704.png

Last edited:

Indonesia gets KAPLAN MT Tanks – 105mm Cockerill cannon​

The Kaplan MT Medium Class Tank developed by Turkey’s FNSS, is now available for use by the Indonesian Army

Under the contract, 18 Kaplan MT Tanks will be produced, the first 10 Tanks will be produced in Turkey and the remaining 8 Tanks will be produced in Indonesia

View attachment 824226
View attachment 824227

Why hasn't Turkey selected these, would be good platform for Marines. With active protection, would be good for Army aswell.

Killer drone ALPAGU first time exported to a South American country. Beside that country it is exported to several countries, bigger drone is in development.

From now on, a 105mm and even with a foreign turret integrated tank has no chance to enter the army inventory.
What's wrong with 105mm? It's used by all the modern NATO armies. I'm sure Turkey has tons of ammunition for it too.

I think a small platform with a cannon is much needed, perhaps even more so then a main battle tank that Turkey is struggling to produce due to engine limitations and foreign embargoes.

Turkey should get some modern tanks, doesn't matter the class. Heavy hitters are much needed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom