What's new

Turkish Economy - News & Updates

What is the driving force behind Turkish Economic problem?

• The on going Trump attack on Turkish Economy

Votes: 29 19.9%
  • Jewish Agenda to weaken adjacent countries to Israel

Votes: 36 24.7%
  • Internal Turkish economic problems

Votes: 50 34.2%
  • Falling Exports for Turkey

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Loss of Tourism income for Turkey

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • External Loans or Debt impacting Economy

Votes: 25 17.1%

• Total voters
More cheap tourists on the way...

Turkish airlines does need desperate leadership from Lufthansa, or hell even any real airline operations.....good luck.

Can you ask the armenian airlines to help us then?
After all Turkish airlines is just the nr 7 airline in the world 2012.
I cant post the link but if you google''top 10 airlines 2012''you will see that we need help from Lufthansa which is at nr 15.

Loool poor armenian. TURKISH AIRLINES THE AIRLINES THAT TRAVELS TO THE MOST DESTINATIONS IN THE WORLD.

More cheap tourists on the way...

Turkish airlines does need desperate leadership from Lufthansa, or hell even any real airline operations.....good luck.

Turkish Airlines’ profits boom by 665 percent

Turkish Airlines, the country’s rapidly growing national flag carrier, increased its net profits in the first nine months of the year to 868 million Turkish Liras, 665 percent up from the same period a year earlier.
Its sales also increased 30 percent to 11.2 billion liras in the given period, the company said in a filing to the Istanbul Stock Exchange (İMKB) today. The core operating income rose to 1.08 billion liras

BUSINESS - Turkish Airlines

j8zWBEzQsHFHi.jpg

^

Date of the report: November/18/2012 :D

He have a point about the cheap tourists though...

How does a rapidly growing airliner need a desperate leadership from some other organization? Is it armenian way? oh sorry my mistake, there is nothing rapidly growing on armenian side but only jealousy..:)

Don't you guys read what you post....TR1 posted

Turkish Airlines, which has delivered its 200 plane, is in talks to with Lufthansa, Europe’s largest air carrier, Minister Şimşek confirms. THY Chairman Topçu is hopeful of regional sector leadership

From seeing some of the advertisement technics Turkish airline has been using (from billboards to commercials) the slogan "Come to Turkey, the tower of love" lol
its not working too good so I would say Turkish airlines needs help, guidance, leadership, someone to hold their hand.

an armenian wouldnt know what a real airline operation means..go, take a hike little girl :coffee:

btw flights are open from Armenia to Artsakh's new airport....round trip only 75 dollars.

and this Armenian will make you trow up all over yourself if you ever fly with me.

Mod Edit: Misquote

Turkish Airlines gets 200th plane

Turkish Airlines, which has delivered its 200 plane, is in talks to with Lufthansa, Europe’s largest air carrier, Minister Şimşek confirms. THY Chairman Topçu is hopeful of regional sector leadership

n_34590_4.jpg

Turkish Airlines (THY) and Germany’s Lufthansa, the largest airline in Europe, are in talks to increase their cooperation, Turkish Finance Minister Mehmet Şimşek said yesterday at a ceremony to mark the delivery of the 200th plane of the national flag carrier.

“There is an ongoing study on a [possible] cooperation between Turkish Airlines and Lufthansa,” Doğan news agency quoted Şimşek as saying at the event.

No merger plans

“That is about increasing the [current level of] collaboration, especially about developing dialogue in some areas and improving commercial relations for sure. The chairman of Turkish Airlines is working together with the counter party on these issues. That is all we can say about the talks at this stage,” he said.

Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan said at a party meeting in Ankara on Nov. 3 that German Chancellor Angela Merkel had suggested the establishment of joint management for the two carriers during her recent visit to Germany.

Last week, Financial Times Deutschland reported that Lufthansa and THY were in talks to each take share stakes in the other, quoting sources close to the German carrier. A day earlier, Lufthansa had rejected rumors of a possible merger.”

“Our aim on the 100th anniversary of the foundation of the Republic of Turkey, in 2023, is to be a global airlines company with the largest network, be a five star airline company and to be the leading airlines in our region of 1.5 billion people,” said Hamdi Topçu, chairman of THY.

BUSINESS - Turkish Airlines gets 200th plane

From seeing some of the advertisement technics Turkish airline has been using (from billboards to commercials) the slogan "Come to Turkey, the tower of love" lol
its not working too good so I would say Turkish airlines needs help, guidance, leadership, someone to hold their hand.

btw flights are open from Armenia to Artsakh's new airport....round trip only 75 dollars.

and this Armenian will make you trow up all over yourself if you ever fly with me.

World's Top 10 Airlines - 2012

1 QATAR AIRWAYS

2 Asiana Airlines

3 Singapore Airlines

4 Cathay Pacific Airways

5 ANA All Nippon Airways

6 Etihad Airways

7 Turkish Airlines

8 Emirates

9 Thai Airways

10 Malaysia Airlines

WORLD AIRLINE AWARDS | the Passengers Choice Awards

and TURKISH AIRLINES is named the Best Airline in Southern Europe

Dude seriously, if you don't have anything logical to say then better just stay silent, you're trying so hard to discredit anythnig related to Turkey but if you don't know anything logical to say, its just makes you look fool.

Also original quote doesn't have "from Lufthansa" , what are you trying to do ? Also advice of partnership came from Angela Merkel's herself, plus THY Chairman said its the Lufthansa first offered to improve partnership and THY finds it logical since they already had some good relationship with Lufthansa.

Dude seriously, if you don't have anything logical to say then better just stay silent, you're trying so hard to discredit anythnig related to Turkey but if you don't know anything logical to say, its just makes you look fool.

Why? because I support Turkish Airlines to allow Lufthansa to take them under their wings and care for them in this screwed up economy? Obviously their is a problem and it seems Turkey can't solve it by itself and just building more jets its not the answer either.

Also original quote doesn't have "from Lufthansa" , what are you trying to do ? Also advice of partnership came from Angela Merkel's herself, plus THY Chairman said its the Lufthansa first offered to improve partnership and THY finds it logical since they already had some good relationship with Lufthansa.

Added for clarity....you know what it says, don't pretend you don't get on what your Minister and THY Chairman meant when they say they are hopeful of regional leadership.

Yes I know what they say, thats why I'm calling your posts bullshit, as I said that partnership first adviced by Merkel to Erdoğan, then THY chairman said Lufthansa is eager to improve relationships and they find it logical because they already had a significiant relationship before in some different areas, is that what you understand from these ? THY is so pathetic they want help ?

THY is doing very good currently.

Bloomberg Businessweek

Turkish Air Gains Most in 3 Years on Earnings, Lufthansa Talks
By Aydan Eksin on November 19, 2012

Turkish Airlines surged the most in three years in Istanbul after Europes fifth-largest carrier posted quarterly earnings that beat analyst estimates and cooperation talks with Deutsche Lufthansa AG (LHA) progressed.

The stock surged as much as 10 percent, the biggest jump since Oct. 20, 2009, after the company said third-quarter net income rose 39 percent to 704.6 million liras ($391 million). Analysts had expected a 452 million-lira profit.

Turkish Airlines plans to expand its fleet to 350 planes by 2020 from 200 now as it builds Istanbul into a transfer hub for flights from Europe and North America to Asia. While the talks with Cologne, Germany-based Star Alliance partner Lufthansa remain at an early stage, the companies are examining potential focuses for deeper ties short of equity investments, Turkish Finance Minister Mehmet Simsek said today in Ankara.

Cooperation may be developed in certain areas such as catering or maintenance, Simsek said at a press conference, citing as an example the pairs existing 50:50 charter venture SunExpress, which transports 7 million people a year between Germany and Turkey with a fleet of 28 Boeing Co. 737-800 planes.

Lufthansa, Europes second-largest airline, is pushing ahead with the sale of a stake in LSG Sky Chefs, the No. 1 inflight caterer, and has mandated JPMorgan Chase & Co. to help seek a buyer, people familiar with the matter said last week.
Share Surge

Claudia Lange, a spokeswoman for the airline in Frankfurt, declined to comment today beyond reiterating that the allies are constantly working together to improve their customer offerings.

Turkish Airlines, (THYAO) as Turk Hava Yollari AS is known, traded 6.4 percent higher at 4.69 liras as of 12:29 p.m. local time during the first trading session since the Istanbul-based company reported financial results on Nov. 17.

The stock has more than doubled in price this year, valuing the business at 5.63 billion liras. Thats equivalent to $3.12 billion, compared with a $2.54 billion valuation for Air France- KLM Group (AF), Europes biggest airline by passenger traffic, the measure most commonly used to rank carriers.

Margin improvement was impressive and much better than expected, EFG Istanbul Research said in an investor note, citing lower-than-forecast fuel expenses.

Sales that increased 21 percent to 4.48 billion liras also beat estimates, as did passenger yields, a measure of average fares, according to EFG, which upgraded its rating to outperform from market perform and set a 12-month price target of 5 liras, up from 4 liras. Yapi Kredi Yatirim also upgraded the stock to buy from hold, it said in a note.

Shares of Lufthansa advanced as much as 3.3 percent and later traded 2 percent higher at 11.92 euros.

To contact the reporter on this story: Aydan Eksin in Istanbul at aeksin@bloomberg.net

To contact the editors responsible for this story: Chad Thomas at cthomas16@bloomberg.net; Shaji Mathew at shajimathew@bloomberg.net

Yes I know what they say, thats why I'm calling your posts bullshit, as I said that partnership first adviced by Merkel to Erdoğan, then THY chairman said Lufthansa is eager to improve relationships and they find it logical because they already had a significiant relationship before in some different areas, is that what you understand from these ? THY is so pathetic they want help ?

THY is doing very good currently.

I see, according to your logic Lufthansa is begging Turkish Airlines to give them the pleasure to bail them out.....that is even worst than what I am saying. Lufthansa knows that the way the partner Turkish Airline is operating/marketing soon they will be a big liability and since Turks can never accept failure even while digging their own grave then Lufthansa has no choice to beg Turkey to help them before everyone goes bankrupt.

Excuse me , what fail are you talking about ? as I said THY is doing good, if you're talking about their recent debts, its quite normal because they made a hell of investments ! they did those because they knew these investments will close the gap between incomes and debts.

Thats not my logic, thats whats going on.

I see you wrote the scenario in just few seconds, omg how can Turkey do good, they obligated to fail :D

I see, according to your logic Lufthansa is begging Turkish Airlines to give them the pleasure to bail them out.....that is even worst than what I am saying. Lufthansa knows that the way the partner Turkish Airline is operating/marketing soon they will be a big liability and since Turks can never accept failure even while digging their own grave then Lufthansa has no choice to beg Turkey to help them before everyone goes bankrupt.

Do you know the film Dumb and Dumber?
Well there is a new one out its called ''Dumbest''.
You should go see it before you make a Big Bigger and Biggest fool of yourself!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom