What's new

Turkish Engine Programs

4AD959BB-89EA-4CC9-8AAE-A0E88FA3E02C.jpeg

Does anyone know which magazine this is and when it was published?

Last paragraph is the most important one: Turkish engineers that worked on previous projects abroad have joined TR Motor, which means they will bring in a lot of know-how that was previously not there.

Just wondering, but is there a chance Turkey will try developing a 85-92 kN turbofan engine?

I'm assuming the supply of EJ200 or GE F404 would generally be suspect for the Hurjet and, possibly, in-house UCAV projects.

I know you have a 120-130 kN-class engine for the TFX, but the Hurjet would require a smaller engine. If you intend to export the Hurjet, you'll want to guarantee the engine question.

Technical issues aside, a major problem with such an engine may be economies-of-scale. You may not acquire or sell enough Hurjet trainers to justify the cost, but I think 12-14-ton UCAVs can offset that to an extent. You can also export engines to Pakistan, South Korea, Sweden, etc as a safe Non-Western ITAR-free solution.

@cabatli_53 @T-123456 @Nutuk

Last edited:
Just wondering, but is there a chance Turkey will try developing a 85-92 kN turbofan engine?

I'm assuming the supply of EJ200 or GE F404 would generally be suspect for the Hurjet and, possibly, in-house UCAV projects.

I know you have a 120-130 kN-class engine for the TFX, but the Hurjet would require a smaller engine. If you intend to export the Hurjet, you'll want to guarantee the engine question.

Technical issues aside, a major problem with such an engine may be economies-of-scale. You may not acquire or sell enough Hurjet trainers to justify the cost, but I think 12-14-ton UCAVs can offset that to an extent. You can also export engines to Pakistan, South Korea, Sweden, etc as a safe Non-Western ITAR-free solution.

@cabatli_53 @T-123456 @Nutuk
there was news that about engine surprise from minister and ismail demir had said there is work for hurjet engine but nothing revealed yet , may be indigenous may be not. it is interesting that within 2 years hurjet will fly but we dont know its engine yet.

i think TR MOTOR is the biggest scam in the turkish defence industry in the making. BMC Power is just a shell of a company with zero input.

TEI GM said that they could build the TF / X engine in 14.5 years. This project, which was not given to TEI, which has experience in engines and makes its own original air-breathing engines, was given to TRMOTOR, of which BMC Power is a major partner. But I still have hope because TAI is also a partner to TRMOTOR. Thus, TEI, owned by TAI, will also contribute to this project. Otherwise it is not possible.

TEI GM said that they could build the TF / X engine in 14.5 years. This project, which was not given to TEI, which has experience in engines and makes its own original air-breathing engines, was given to TRMOTOR, of which BMC Power is a major partner. But I still have hope because TAI is also a partner to TRMOTOR. Thus, TEI, owned by TAI, will also contribute to this project. Otherwise it is not possible.
half of TEI is owned by GE, thats why they made new tr motor. why its hard to understand it? or u intentionally bring it here?

Back
Top Bottom