What's new

Turkish General: "Even burning a mosque was an option”

There isnt much difference between the politics and army intervention habbits of two brotherly nations..Pakistan and Turkey!

One of the brotherly nation i.e. Pakistan is far behind in terms of economy, tourism and social justice....

Let us live you fanatic and corrupt gernails. << (not all)

I will see how the things turn out in near future in Pakistan.

It would be stupid if i ask your feelings about cyprus war. Turkey had to invade the island sooner or later. Whatever no one can deny, it was a successful operation

I dont really care if he really did burn a mosque even the burn verb is sounding stupid to me as an M48 patton tank can demolish a mosque with a few shots. We gained our land we can build thousands of mosques. Its not necessary to discuss it.

There are two questions to ask

Why do we need a propaganda like this? Even 1963 events were enough reason to invade the island.

Why the General is talking now? Its a very important question in my opinion...

see, this is where our opinions are completely different.

I don't think you gained your land back. The land was the turkish-cypriots land, and they were to share the island with the greek-cypriots.

Turkey would have invaded there sooner or later? why ?
I don't doubt the fact that the greek-cypriot side made some terrible mistakes, but as evident by the latest revelation by your former general, they were not alone, this is pretty much a statement that turkey was planning that conflict a long time before any hostilities actually took place which shows intent.

I don't think the turkish-cypriot side is any better off now, than had they been part of a complete island nation. to start with, there was a massive wave of settlers from the mainland that altered the composition of the population in the island.
I find it very sad that there was actually a plan for all this..

Second, the general that according to you decided to talk now, was responding to issues relating to the events that led to the uprooting of the Instabul Greeks in 1955.. i suppose some more provocation by the turkish military was behind that, in some JUSTIFIED means to drive the evil greeks from the city.. right ? ... great...

and by the way.. there are still muslims in greece, some of which are of turkish origin, do you perhaps plan to invade that land and build thousands of mosques? I mean according to what you said, it wouldn't seem unatural to you , right ?

i can't believe what i am reading in this thread....

see, this is where our opinions are completely different.

I don't think you gained your land back. The land was the turkish-cypriots land, and they were to share the island with the greek-cypriots.

Turkey would have invaded there sooner or later? why ?
I don't doubt the fact that the greek-cypriot side made some terrible mistakes, but as evident by the latest revelation by your former general, they were not alone, this is pretty much a statement that turkey was planning that conflict a long time before any hostilities actually took place which shows intent.
No, not like that, hostilities started in 1963 with murder of Turks by EOKA, Invasion plans are started after this date...

Your actions made this invasion necessary, now feel free to tie south side to Greece, we dont care

There are still muslims in greece, some of which are of turkish origin, do you perhaps plan to invade that land and build thousands of mosques? I mean according to what you said, it wouldn't seem unatural to you , right ?

i can't believe what i am reading in this thread....
It would be stupid to kill Turks to tie Greece to Greece but yeah if you act that stupid, plans would be needed :rofl:

I have answered some of your questions but Im tired, damn you ask too much BTW why dont you ask theese things to that guy ?

Nikos Sampson

Last edited:
Apart from all the discussions on Cyprus, this act of thinking, even if it's good for people as some claim, is wrong on so many levels. It's sick even to think about it. I'm not saying nobody does or think to use this kind of propaganda apart from this very general, I'm sure all the world does it, but that doesn't justify what's on the table. Not always end justifies the meaning.

yirmibesoglu.jpg

"In remarks published in the Haber Türk daily yesterday as part of an interview with Gen. Sabri Yirmibe&#351;o&#287;lu, who led the Special War Department in 1971 and also worked to mobilize civilian resistance during Turkey's military intervention on Cyprus in 1974, said: “In Special War, certain acts of sabotage are staged and blamed on the enemy to increase public resistance. We did this on Cyprus; we even burnt down a mosque.” In response to the surprised correspondent's incredulous look the general said, “I am giving an example,” in an attempt to clear things up."

link

after i read all comments i think i should join this discussion because i watched the tv which gen.sabri yirmibe&#351;oglu talked. this translation is wrong(even the commentators understood wrong what he says). gen. said that ''.... we did it in cyprus in many ways even burning a mosque was an option.... i said it as an example''

so he didnt say that we burnt down a mosque but still it is disgusting to think such an action for someone.
but i think it can be done if it is NECESSARY. noone dies and mosques are buildings. important thing is people who come together in mosques. (there is some exceptions like mescidi aksa)

to the general of the turkish army my only response to you is GOT VEREN? HAHAHAH

if there was kemal statue instead of mosque, army would not have dared to destroy tht statue for propaganda purpose.

Yet this has already happened in Pakistan, when the U.S. embassy was burned down in 1979 on the rumor - spread by Iran's Ayatollah Khomeini - that the U.S. was behind the takeover of the Great Mosque in Mecca. link And that was before two generations of Islamist indoctrination in Pakistan. So aren't Pakistanis even more vulnerable to this type of manipulation today? How would you go about fighting it? Would you even want to, Tuahaa?

Are you aware of the real reasons behind that attack on the US Embassy? Are you also aware why the Army did not intervene in time to prevent it from happening? Finally, are you aware why there were minimal casualties and the bulk of the ire was directed toward the infrastructure of the embassy?

if there was kemal statue instead of mosque, army would not have dared to destroy tht statue for propaganda purpose.

Where do you know this? ? ?

You better keep your comments for yourself and stay "silent" otherwise ill report you to mod. Enough of your b.llshit in this thread...

after i read all comments i think i should join this discussion because i watched the tv which gen.sabri yirmibe&#351;oglu talked. this translation is wrong

Source is Today's Zaman, newspaper of feto&#351; what did you expect? Its not breaking but bending the truth :)

Last edited:
^^ Even jews blow up their own synagogues..

"Even today I am willing to volunteer to do the dirty work for Israel, to kill as many Arabs as necessary, to deport them, to expel and burn them, to have everyone hate us, to pull the rug from underneath the feet of the Diaspora Jews, so that they will be forced to run to us crying. Even if it means blowing up one or two synagogues here and there, I don't care."
-Ariel Sharon

"Even today I am willing to volunteer to do the dirty work for Israel, to kill as many Arabs as necessary - "
False Zionist Quote!

So, Menes, you, too, have no compunctions about employing falsehoods to besmirch non-Muslims, just like the General. Thank you for your input.

Source is Today's Zaman, newspaper of feto&#351; what did you expect? Its not breaking but bending the truth :)
Did you double-check for yourself and make sure that Zaman mis-translated the General's remarks?

Did you double-check for yourself and make sure that Zaman mis-translated the General's remarks?
my friend im sure that general didnt say '' we burnt down a mosque'' if general and i speak the same language! but as i mentioned before he said that they would have done it if it was necessary.
there is no mistranslation there is misunderstanding. (sometimes zaman, vakit etc. can misunderstand retired generals' sentences, also some newspapers can misunderstand erdogan's sentences:coffee: )

Back
Top Bottom