What's new

Turkish language mother of Urdu : اردو کی ماں ترک زبان: اگر یقین نہ آئے تو آزما لیجیے

is Turkish and Urdu even halfway mutually intelligible? why can a Bengali understand Urdu and even an Iranian cannot?

Because of Hindi films...certainly till a decade ago(I recall you posted on this matter yourself)... from Urdu transitioned to now exaggerated hindi/sansakrit!

Yes, we can understand both Farsi and Turkish...such a large common vocaulary with Turkish that you would also be able to understand even being a ClosetPakistani from WestBengal!!!

This is so wrong.
Urdu is an extension of Persian..not Turkish.

Please do not spread false information.Thanks

interestingly, user paksword discussed his dna results here in some thread which came predominantly east indian/bihari despite the user himself is anethnic bigot/ allah cannot cure some people as surah baqara states, and a racist user who posted here and now banned called him names solely because of his dna results.

the irony speaks for itself.

regards

I am sceptical of pure arab ancestry among South Asian Muslims..How many of them are really there?
Because of Hindi films...certainly till a decade ago(I recall you posted on this matter yourself)... from Urdu transitioned to now exaggerated hindi/sansakrit!

Yes, we can understand both Farsi and Turkish...such a large common vocaulary with Turkish that you would also be able to understand even being a ClosetPakistani from WestBengal!!!

LoL..Sir,I don't think the ClosetPakistani tag will be an apt description for me since I am a vocal atheist..Ihe only places in South Asia that may tolerate my antics are the Buddhist majority regions

This is so wrong.
Urdu is an extension of Persian..not Turkish.

Please do not spread false information.Thanks
Correct.
is Turkish and Urdu even halfway mutually intelligible? why can a Bengali understand Urdu and even an Iranian cannot?
Turkish is not mutually intelligible... primarily because it is not the same language that formed earlier Turkic settlements and invasions in south Asia, secondly words that are common between both languages are sometimes phonetically different or in case of Turkish extended with overlapping verbs...

That being said ... Persian speakers on the other hand still understand different pronunciations of same words and more importantly can even make out the gist of a written sentence... similar to romance languages...

You should stop associating Punjab with the gangu bhayya land of norther india. We in Punjab are a different type of people than the gangu bhayyas of northern india the sh1th0le, we have a totally different language, culture and mindset compared to gangu bhayyas of that sh1thole northern india.

And your all great people of Punjab are proud to speak the language of gangu bhayyas land of Northern India :cheesy::lol::P

And your all great people of Punjab are proud to speak the language of gangu bhayyas land of Northern India :cheesy::lol::P

It was born in GanguDaesh and is constructed with Hindoo grammar......Nothing can erase this fact.....Persian or Turkish would have been a better fit....Urdu is as much connected to the Indus Valley as Old Valyrian and Dothraki

Urdu and Hindi are definitely one and the same language. Urdu has more Persian/Turkic influence due to the fact that the majority of the muslim rulers of India were Persian and Turkic deecent. Hindi is the purer form as it's not effected by foreign influence.

Urdu and Hindi are mutually intelligible whilst Urdu and Persian/Turkish/Arabic are not mutually intelligible. I would say around 80% of Urdu and Hindi ia the same and only differences are that in urdu Arabic/Farsi words are used instead of original Sanakrit words due to relio cultural influences. Other tha minor differences Urdu and Hindi are one language.

I have been to both India and Pakistan and both of them understood me fully whilst speaking my broken Urdu/Hindi.

Turkish language is NOT the mother of Urdu, Arabic and Persian are. Arabic is the direct descendant language of the ancient language from which other languages have originated from, which is Aramaic. Both Arabic and Hebrew are direct descendant languages from Aramaic. Turkish language stems from the Western Turkic Khaganate of the Khazar Kingdom, north of the Caucus Mountains. Turkish language has no connection to Arabic or Hebrew, so it does not have any direct or indirect connection to Urdu. Persian language has more relations with Urdu, than Turkic. But Arabic is the primary mother of Urdu, followed Farsi.

Urdu and Hindi are definitely one and the same language. Urdu has more Persian/Turkic influence due to the fact that the majority of the muslim rulers of India were Persian and Turkic deecent. Hindi is the purer form as it's not effected by foreign influence.

Urdu and Hindi are mutually intelligible whilst Urdu and Persian/Turkish/Arabic are not mutually intelligible. I would say around 80% of Urdu and Hindi ia the same and only differences are that in urdu Arabic/Farsi words are used instead of original Sanakrit words due to relio cultural influences. Other tha minor differences Urdu and Hindi are one language.

I have been to both India and Pakistan and both of them understood me fully whilst speaking my broken Urdu/Hindi.

Thanks for speaking the truth

You haven’t heard/read real urdu in your life that means

Farsi is an inferior language compared to Arabic, Arabic is the supreme language of this region and 40% of modern Farsi vocabulary is based on Arabic words. What is called "Farsi/turkish" influence on Urdu language is actually the Arabic language influence through the Farsi the slaves language. Farsis were made slaves of Muslim Arabs conquest of Farsi Iranis.

It was born in GanguDaesh and is constructed with Hindoo grammar......Nothing can erase this fact.....Persian or Turkish would have been a better fit....Urdu is as much connected to the Indus Valley as Old Valyrian and Dothraki

There was no any language named Hindi before 1865 ... Hindi was made by replacing vocabulary of Arabic & Persian with Sanskrit .............

There was no any language named Hindi before 1865 ... Hindi was made by replacing vocabulary of Arabic & Persian with Sanskrit .............

May be but there were other Indo-Aryan languages in the area...what I am saying Urdu was concocted in the bowels of Gangudesh....an area that is an anathema for pristine pure Indus Valley

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom