What's new

Turkish Military is better than IDF

Exactly that.
If we truly "saved" Korea, it's not something to be proud of, it's a shame.

How is a country that we saved has many times higher GDP than us, and years ahead of us in technology?

How is half of Turkey using South Korean Samsung smartphones and Hyundai Cars, LG electronics etc. How come Marmaray trains are made by Hyundai Rotem?

How come Altay was built with South Korean ToT ?

We saved Korea but couldn't save ourselves? :cheesy:

How is a country that we saved has many times higher GDP than us, and years ahead of us in technology?

How is half of Turkey using South Korean Samsung smartphones and Hyundai Cars, LG electronics etc. How come Marmaray trains are made by Hyundai Rotem?

Erdogan will conquer Korea. He will claim it's "Turanic brothers".

I think the most interesting conflict,would have been between Turkey and Iran. I think it would be interesting for the manpower,the indigenous weapons of each country,the patriotism and religious fervor of each country,one a majority Sunni and the other a majority Shia,I imagine it without NATO intervention for Turkey and no Russian intervention for Iran. Who would support Turkey? Probably Bosnia,Albania and half of Libya. Who would support Iran? Probably Lebanon,Syria,Iraq.

Azerbaijan would be sitting there trying to figure out what to do.

Imagine Turkey using TFSA,Libyan,Somalian and Iraqi Turkmen militias as cannon fodder. Iran using Lebanese,Afghan and Pakistani Shia militias as auxiliaries,as well as various Kurds from Syria and Iraq.

I wonder what would Saudi Arabia,Qatar and Pakistan do.

I think the most interesting conflict,would have been between Turkey and Iran. I think it would be interesting for the manpower,the indigenous weapons of each country,the patriotism and religious fervor of each country,one a majority Sunni and the other a majority Shia,I imagine it without NATO intervention for Turkey and no Russian intervention for Iran. Who would support Turkey? Probably Bosnia,Albania and half of Libya. Who would support Iran? Probably Lebanon,Syria,Iraq.

Imagine Turkey using TFSA,Libyan,Somalian and Iraqi Turkmen militias as cannon fodder. Iran using Lebanese,Afghan and Pakistani Shia militias as auxiliaries,as well as various Kurds from Syria and Iraq.

You would be overjoyed if Muslims fought, but don't worry, we would rather fight Greece than Iran

You're way too optimistic about Turkey's allies. We've fought 40 years against PKK terrorism and nobody came to fight for us. We stand alone.

Fortunately it's more than enough. We don't need proxies. Iran would be demolished. Iranian missiles and shahed 136 drones would do a lot of damage to Turkish cities and would kill a lot of civilians but they don't have anything that can stop the Turkish army.

I think Turkey Greece war would be more interesting. Especially after 2024 when Greece acquires F-35s. Turkish Navy is absolutely dominating the seas and the Turkish army is far bigger and more experienced. I would say better equipped too. Could Greek edge in the air be enough to fight off Turkey?

Azerbaijan is definitely pro-Turkey and not pro-Iran, despite being a Shia majority.

Pakistan is defiantly more pro-Turkey than pro-Iran aside from the Shia population. Pakistanis will probably beg Iranians and Turks to stop fighting, claiming we belong to one "ummah."

I think Turkey Greece war would be more interesting. Especially after 2024 when Greece acquires F-35s. Turkish Navy is absolutely dominating the seas and the Turkish army is far bigger and more experienced. I would say better equipped too. Could Greek edge in the air be enough to fight off Turkey?
Now it's more of a one-sided battle,we lack so many things. It's become so one-sided. From 2009 to 2019 all governments basically abandoned the Armed Forces. We still lack modern IFVs,we only have the 40 Marder 1A3s. Our AA systems except the Patriot,are mediocre and need replacement. HAWK,Tor-M1,OSA AKM and even the S-300PMU1.

Our ATGMs are Kornet,TOW,Milan and I don't know if the Fagot still work or the missiles expired.

And the Navy has been left behind so much...We ordered 3 new frigates but we have to replace 9 old frigates,4-6 Fast Attack Craft and modernize the 4 MEKO 200HN. And we also need to replace 2-3 submarines as well.

And imagine that they still haven't decided about getting 3 or 4 corvettes.

Now,the only one going well with the modernisation is the Air Force. They got 18 Rafale F3R,they got some 10 F-16V and they wanna get F-35s in 2028. Meanwhile the Navy and Army might not even get the SPIKE NLOS from Israel and the Apache upgrade.

A deal for 205 Lynx IFV and factory in Greece was rejected or postponed,because it was too expensive. We also wanted the Germans to upgrade the Leopard 2A4 to Leopard 2A7 and add APS on some tanks...but nothing.

The French asked us to make a co-production of the VBCI Philoctetes...no interest from our side yet.

So basically,we only rush to buy new weapons at the last minute,right when we almost go to war with Turkey.

I think a former combat veteran tank Commander who smashed the Iraqis , was a top NATO planner in the Yugoslav conflict, a West Point graduate , PHD , a host of decorations, worked with both Turkish military and IDF etc would a know a little more than you ?

No?

There are 48 Islamic countries that went limp-d*ck for one whole month and were not able to do anything except offer verbal diarrhea and you think a veteran with an LGBTQ list of credentials opinion matters more so than the ground reality of things.

Remember those Turkish F-16s and other toys will not fly without the US input.

Do you know US requested Pakistan military to fight in Vietnam.

Saner heads prevailed and we didnt send troops.

South Koreans however went there. And they became notorious for their cruelty.

There are 48 Islamic countries that went limp-d*ck for one whole month and were not able to do anything except offer verbal diarrhea and you think a veteran with an LGBTQ list of credentials opinion matters more so than the ground reality of things.

Remember those Turkish F-16s and other toys will not fly without the US input.
I agree, even countries like Bolivia and Peru cut ties with Israel.

P.S; Turks can fly the F16s.. they manufacturer them under a license.. surely some part would be imported but with the growing indigenous industries they can keep them flying.

Look at the Iranians tomcats.

Now it's more of a one-sided battle,we lack so many things. It's become so one-sided. From 2009 to 2019 all governments basically abandoned the Armed Forces. We still lack modern IFVs,we only have the 40 Marder 1A3s. Our AA systems except the Patriot,are mediocre and need replacement. HAWK,Tor-M1,OSA AKM and even the S-300PMU1.

Our ATGMs are Kornet,TOW,Milan and I don't know if the Fagot still work or the missiles expired.

And the Navy has been left behind so much...We ordered 3 new frigates but we have to replace 9 old frigates,4-6 Fast Attack Craft and modernize the 4 MEKO 200HN. And we also need to replace 2-3 submarines as well.

Now,the only one going well with the modernisation is the Air Force. They got 18 Rafale F3R,they got some 10 F-16V and they wanna get F-35s in 2028. Meanwhile the Navy and Army might not even get the SPIKE NLOS from Israel and the Apache upgrade.

A deal for 205 Lynx IFV and factory in Greece was rejected or postponed,because it was too expensive. We also wanted the Germans to upgrade the Leopard 2A4 to Leopard 2A7 and add APS on some tanks...but nothing.

The French asked us to make a co-production of the VBCI Philoctetes...no interest from our side yet.

So basically,we only rush to buy new weapons at the last minute,right when we almost go to war with Turkey.
Shit bro, you guys are Pakistanis of Europe lol

Until Siper becomes operational I think Greece has the advantage in SAM systems due to Patriot.

Turkey has clearly more ATGMs and smart munitions and the ability to produce more when desired But if western help comes like in Ukraine's case that will immediately change. We don't have a Javelin equivalent for example.

On the Navy side, Turkey will always have the advantage lol no western help will fix that. Barbaros modernisation is already underway while Hydra class modernisation is nowhere in sight. The gap is only widening. STM-500 "prototype" is being built alongside the Reis class on the submarine side. Turkish Type 209s were already younger and more numerous. I am so fucking proud of the Turkish Navy.

If Greece gets the F35 as late as 2028 Turkey will have no problems. But even if Greece just got 12 F35s for a single squadron now that would be a big problem for Turkey. Because in war time more could be delivered and there would be pilots ready for it.

Modern IFVs such as KF41 Lynx are ridiculously expensive. I don't think Greece will be able to get many of them. I don't think it's a good option at all. Most likely Greece will get some used M2 Bradleys from the uncle sam. Because M2 Bradley is being replaced soon.

Greece needs to invest more in defence industries, it's just the elephant in the room here. You can't compete with Imported weapons

Do you know US requested Pakistan military to fight in Vietnam.

Saner heads prevailed and we didnt send troops.

Holy shit no I did not know that :cheesy:

Turkey has clearly more ATGMs and smart munitions and the ability to produce more when desired But if western help comes like in Ukraine's case that will immediately change. We don't have a Javelin equivalent for example.
But aren't UMTAS and KARAOK missiles equivalent to Javelins?

UMTAS is more like hellfire, Karaok is supposed to be a Javelin equivalent but it didn't go into mass production yet as far as I'm aware.

But from what I saw and read, UMTAS can be man portable atgm unlike the Hellfire (which is only air launched)

But from what I saw and read, UMTAS can be man portable atgm unlike the Hellfire (which is only air launched)
That's OMTAS

I would say UMTAS is way too heavy for that but the reason I said hellfire is because of range and guidance method.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom