What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

Missiles and rockets with range beyond 300km violate some international treaties. for example Russia reduced the range of SS26 stone (Iskander) missiles in export versions. SM3 has a range of 500km based on wiki. US could not export it.

Why not make a 6000tns Milgem and weaponize it like a frigatte and be done?
After all its a good design and saves money,nobody tought of the idea?

Actually thats being done currently within the MILGEM Project. The Ada-Class Corvettes are being used as a started base to further develop it into the TF-100 Frigate.

Actually thats being done currently within the MILGEM Project. The Ada-Class Corvettes are being used as a started base to further develop it into the TF-100 Frigate.
Cant they be made into AAW frigates also?
So 4 TF-100 +6/8 TF-100 AAW?

No. They'll be used as multi-purpose frigates. They'll replace older MEKOs I guess. Cauz the NAVY's planning to keep Perrys about till 2020s.

Exactly

Ada-class ASW
TF-100 Multi-role(bigger version of Ada-class with ESSM and SOM -my guess-)
TF-2000 AAW

My point again,Milgem stealth design proven concept(2300tns).
Enlarge it to 6000/7000tns,put all the AAW systems on it and be done.
Why isnt that possible,why a new design?
What needs to be different?
CABATLI,can you give me a clear answer.ty

YTKB Tuzla class

tuzla_zps19e87637.jpg

....with a stealth design and a oversize canon. So, why not a stealth canon?

It would be more pretty that way but ...

This is German navy Braunschweig-class corvette. Built: 2004–2007, Displacement:1,840 tonnes

800px-F261_Magdeburg.jpg

It seems economy plays a big rule.

It would be more pretty that way but ...

This is German navy Braunschweig-class corvette. Built: 2004–2007, Displacement:1,840 tonnes

800px-F261_Magdeburg.jpg

It seems economy plays a big rule.

Its a beautity!

But you can't compare a patrol boat with a corvette.

Its a beautity!

But you can't compare a patrol boat with a corvette.

I think you misunderstood me. as you see a stealth corvette has not an stealth cannon. That means a patrol boat can not have it as a smaller boat just as a result of economic issues

I think you misunderstood me. as you see a stealth corvette has not an stealth cannon. That means a patrol boat can not have it as a smaller boat just as a result of economic issues

Ok, but its not only the design (I dont know, if a smaller/stealth canon chaeper or not), its the oversize too. Our canon have the "right" size in ralation of the corvette.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom