What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

Last edited:
Sure, but SOM has (theoretical) the capability too.
gezgin is SOM variant for LACM missile
Atmaca is anti ship SOM variant
there also other SOM variants but they are air launched for different missions
Maybe i am wrong about atmaca because it is developed by different institute so maybe they are different projects but gezgin is certainly SOM variant of LACM

Sure, but SOM has (theoretical) the capability too.

Well yes but why go through a naval variant of SOM while there are ongoing projects of similar kinds (as cabatlı explained well) to meet different demands for land attack capability of the navy? Besides, I don't think we will ever use SOM as a whole. I mean in a frequent form maybe with the exception of strikes against high value targets, surface-threads at sea or SEAD missions primarily if we are talking about the use of such platforms in Mediterranean basin whether near Cyrpus or Libya. It is very likely that SOM will remain as an aerial ordnance.

But as a cheap and effective solution if met with minimal air defence coverage, I think having a coastal missile battery program would be greatly beneficial if placed in KKTC. Should this becomes a reality, I think then we can talk about a ground launched version of both SOM and ATMACA.

SOM = air launched Cruise Missile family including network enabled C1/C2 variants to hit mobile surface Ships

ATMACA = Anti ship Missile ..... which will be in service by 2020

ATMACA missile will be deployed from Submarines and surface ships such as ADA class Corvettes, ISTIF class Frigates and TF-2000 class Destroyers

also there will be coastal defense missile variant , similar to HARPOON Block I coastal missile defense system based on truck
300px-RDN_mobile_misbat.jpg

also ATMACA Block II with network enabled capability and RF+IIR seeker for land attack/anti ship capabilities , as like HARPOON Block II with land attack/anti ship capabilities

GEZGIN = Naval Cruise Missile to be deployed from Submarines and Destroyers .... also there will be land based variant

Turkiye will be 3rd country in NATO that use its own Naval Cruise Missile after the US and France

-- The US TOMAHAWK
-- France MdCN
-- Turkiye GEZGIN

120px-Missouri_missile_BGM-109_Tomahawk.JPG

120px-US_Navy_030114-N-XXXXX-001_USS_Florida_launches_a_Tomahawk_cruise_missile_during_Giant_Shadow_in_the_waters_off_the_coast_of_the_Bahamas.jpg

THE US : AGM-158C LRASM air launched stealthy anti-ship cruise missile
THE US : HARPOON Block I and Block II anti ship missiles
THE US : TOMAHAWK long range Naval Cruise missile for land-attack operations

TURKIYE : SOM C1/C2 air launched stealthy anti-ship cruise missile
TURKIYE : ATMACA Block I and Block II anti ship missiles
TURKIYE : GEZGIN long range Naval Cruise missile for land-attack operations

Last edited:
SOM = air launched Cruise Missile family including network enabled C1/C2 variants to hit mobile surface Ships

ATMACA = Anti ship Missile ..... which will be in service by 2020

ATMACA missile will be deployed from Submarines and surface ships such as ADA class Corvettes, ISTIF class Frigates and TF-2000 class Destroyers

also there will be coastal defense missile variant , similar to HARPOON Block I coastal missile defense system based on truck
300px-RDN_mobile_misbat.jpg

also ATMACA Block II with network enabled capability and RF+IIR seeker for land attack/anti ship capabilities , as like HARPOON Block II with land attack/anti ship capabilities

GEZGIN = Naval Cruise Missile to be deployed from Submarines and Destroyers .... also there will be land based variant

Turkiye will be 3rd country in NATO that use its own Naval Cruise Missile after the US and France

-- The US TOMAHAWK
-- France MdCN
-- Turkiye GEZGIN

120px-Missouri_missile_BGM-109_Tomahawk.JPG

120px-US_Navy_030114-N-XXXXX-001_USS_Florida_launches_a_Tomahawk_cruise_missile_during_Giant_Shadow_in_the_waters_off_the_coast_of_the_Bahamas.jpg

THE US : AGM-158C LRASM air launched stealthy anti-ship cruise missile
THE US : HARPOON Block I and Block II anti ship missiles
THE US : TOMAHAWK long range Naval Cruise missile for land-attack operations

TURKIYE : SOM C1/C2 air launched stealthy anti-ship cruise missile
TURKIYE : ATMACA Block I and Block II anti ship missiles
TURKIYE : GEZGIN long range Naval Cruise missile for land-attack operations

and UK. Tomahawk

and UK. Tomahawk

Yes you are right

but I said that Turkiye will be 3rd country in NATO that use its own Naval Cruise Missile after the US and France

Royal Navy use American TOMAHAWK

Last edited:
How comes Norway isnt NATO member ?

SOM with its guidiance system ( IR seeker) equal to NSM. Atmaca has active radar like Harpoon. You all messed the topic. Stop writing abundance info.

185 km NSM is not long range naval cruise missile for strategic land-attack operations ( 1700-2500km American TOMAHAWK , 1000km French MdCN and soon 800-1400km Turkish GEZGIN )

ATMACA Block II will have RF+IIR seeker

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom