What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

since we're discussing our fleet's size let me give my view. We should built 6 ISTIF so that the 10 Milgem (4 ada, 6 istif) replace the 6 Burak and 4 Yavuz. The TN should push for 8 TF2000 to replace the 8 G-class. And the 4 Barbaros can stay active and relevant (with the MLU) until the mid 30s. It seems like 10 FAC55 will be produced so 10 FAC55 and 9 Kilic (with a MLU) will be a tremendous threat in the Agean. And we also have 16 Tuzla class patrol crafts that only waits to be more armed. The TN should push to get more financial support to built a numerous and modern navy

since we're discussing our fleet's size let me give my view. We should built 6 ISTIF so that the 10 Milgem (4 ada, 6 istif) replace the 6 Burak and 4 Yavuz. The TN should push for 8 TF2000 to replace the 8 G-class. And the 4 Barbaros can stay active and relevant (with the MLU) until the mid 30s. It seems like 10 FAC55 will be produced so 10 FAC55 and 9 Kilic (with a MLU) will be a tremendous threat in the Agean. And we also have 16 Tuzla class patrol crafts that only waits to be more armed. The TN should push to get more financial support to built a numerous and modern navy
those Tuzla klass is as capable as a corvette, you can put anything on them... i believe Turkey specifically hide it to others dont afraid

those Tuzla klass is as capable as a corvette, you can put anything on them... i believe Turkey specifically hide it to others dont afraid
Range, endurance, sea state resistance does not enough for corvette. Only enough for light missileboat.

Range, endurance, sea state resistance does not enough for corvette. Only enough for light missileboat.
yep that's why meant, I'm sure there's enough room for Atmaca (or the temren) and a more powerful radar (mar-d perhaps ?)

Tcsg Yaşam, Umut, Güven, Dost more reilable for me.

Better range, better size, better displacement. But he have problems about endurance and speed but generally that kind of ships not move top speed like fast attack crafts. They are's and one small fleet refuel ship will be good littoral combat ships.

b_081-tcsg-dost-sg-701-89639.jpg

4 or 8x atmaca for back of the 40mm + maybe a little sonar and orka-a launcher + Fake Ram like that ;

640px-TADTE_2015_Preview%2C_Sea_Oryx_Missile_Launcher_20150811b.jpg

Sungur with 16x launcher + 40mm bofors will be good for air defence.

So limited but can be fightable ship

https://www.savunmahaber.com/asfat-denizalti-havuzu-icin-kollari-sivadi/

The first sheet metal cutting ceremony of the Submarine Pool, which will be built under the main contractor of ASFAT, was held on August 18, within the scope of meeting the needs of the Ministry of National Defense (MSB) General Directorate of Shipyards (TGM).

At the ceremony, the first sheet metal cutting was made after the speeches of TGM General Manager Emre Dinçer, ASFAT General Manager Esad Akgün and YÜTEK General Manager Yücel Tekin. On the other hand, Yücel Tekin, General Manager of YÜTEK, presented a gift to the protocol participants in memory of the day.
msb-asfat-havuz-imza-toreni1-1170x1170.jpg

We need a Ship-Class that can be slotted in inbetween Istif and TF-2000 Destroyer.

4 Istif will replace aged Yavuz Frigates, 6 Burak Class corvettes are getting old and will not be able to serve for a longer time (10+ years) and 8 OHP will be replaced (if possible financially) with 7 TF-2000 Destroyers. Which means the Fleet is going to shrink which we can't afford and as an counter we actually need to enlargen the fleet with new incoming threats and hostilities in the Easter Med. Talking about large surface vessels the fleet will look something like this in 2035+ if we ignore obvious blockades and delays.

7 TF-2000 AAW (Multi-Role?)Destroyers
4 Barbaros Multi-Role Frigates MLU
4 Istif Multi-Role Frigates
4 Ada ASW Corvettes

19 Ships

2020 (Present)

8 OHP AAW Frigates
4 Barbaros Multi-Role Frigates
4 Yavuz Multi-Role Frigates
6 Burak ASW Corvettes
4 Ada ASW Corvettes

26 Ships

7 fewer ships for the navy isnt good and with budget contrains we could even see the number of TF-2000 go down to 5 or even 4 which would mean the Navy would be left with 16-17 Ships to protect our coasts and our interests/assets in the open sea and still perform our NATO duties as we have been doing for the last 70 years. This new class could be a cheaper alternative but still with enough firepower to be a force projection on its own in the Aegan and East Med. The menpower used for the Burak Corvettes could be shifted over to a new Class of Frigates after their retirement meant to bridge the gap between the Istif Frigates and the TF-2000 destroyers. This Class could also be produced then on a later date again to replace the then near retirement Barbaros Class. But even if 7 Destroyers are produced this Class needs to be taken into consideration, enlarging the fleet, better said keeping the fleet size as it is now, should be one of the top priorities not only for the Navy but for the Armed Forces in general.

STM and other Turkish firms could be tasked already to design such a ship.

Of course all of this hinges on budget and time frames.

But I think it is of the utmost importance for the Navy to already start thinking about this or else we are going to be caught with our pants down.
4 i class frigates 32 vls / Yavuz Class
4 TF4500 general purpose frigates 48 vls against land and surface targets - Barbaros Class
4-7 tf2000 64 vls Air defense frigates - Gabya Class
4 Ada class corvette
the state spends too much money
Why is the defense budget not increasing?
state and municipalities need to reduce spending

4 i class frigates 32 vls / Yavuz Class
4 TF4500 general purpose frigates 48 vls against land and surface targets - Barbaros Class
4-7 tf2000 64 vls Air defense frigates - Gabya Class
4 Ada class corvette
the state spends too much money
Why is the defense budget not increasing?
state and municipalities need to reduce spending
Istanbul frigate has 32 or 16 vls?

01F49B81-BE90-4A2F-8909-E8F23C2451DD.jpeg
Diving boat will be in service on 23th Agust 2020
It is the first time we made shaft systems in Turkey for anaval ship

Back
Top Bottom