What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

The construction of Akhisar and Koçhisar corvettes continues rapidly. The first ship is expected to be launched in the 3rd quarter.

A total of eight ships with low operating costs and modular combat configurations are planned to be commissioned under the ADKG programme.

FuVodtjWwAI7xyd

The construction of Akhisar and Koçhisar corvettes continues rapidly. The first ship is expected to be launched in the 3rd quarter.

A total of eight ships with low operating costs and modular combat configurations are planned to be commissioned under the ADKG programme.

FuVodtjWwAI7xyd

not 8 total 10 units of this hull 2 for Ukraine, cost must be coming down

Turkish shipbuilding has proven me wrong

when the contract was signed I thought there was no way Turkey can get 4 x Ada Class out so fast and it could take another 15 years to deliver these to Pakistan

when they quoted the 36- month timeline I remember thinking it was way too much optimism and would never happen

however the Ada Class have been as fast the Type 054AP from China the block modular construction break neck speed and well planned and synchronised ship building has proven that Turkey can build warships in full production mode while scaling

with 7 x C151 + 2 x LST Turkey could land 100+ tanks during a landing

add in the LHD for the air component and other vehicles that could add around 2 x Battalions

it would be a serious armoured punch out flanking a enemy if they contain the element of surprise

hope they can build 2 more of the LSTs

There were plans for two new bayraktar class LSTs for 2024 with more local systems. But i guess postponed for several years..

Actually there are 1xosmangazi LST and 2xBey class old LSTs. These ships are tiny but carry one battalion each as well (not full mechanized but an infantry battalion added with a tank company)

So; Turkiye have ;

1 LHA ( mechanized battalion+13 tanks),

2 LST bayraktars+1 osmangazi LST+2 Bey LST ( 65 tanks and 4 battalions)

8 LCT (Ç-151 class)+11 LCTs (ç140 class) they cruise by LSTs..(they carry the mechanized units of battalions that are carried with LSTs)

So; 6 mechanized battalions (6 tank companies) can be carried at same time. ( Upto 80 tanks and upto 200 armoured vechiles and about 30 SP howitzers)

It makes 2 mechanized brigades in first wave..

Last edited:
There were plans for two new bayraktar class LSTs for 2024 with more local systems. But i guess postponed for several years..

Actually there are 1xosmangazi LST and 2xBey class old LSTs. These ships are tiny but carry one battalion each as well (not full mechanized but an infantry battalion added with a tank company)

So; Turkiye have ;

1 LHA ( mechanized battalion+13 tanks),

2 LST bayraktars+1 osmangazi LST+2 Bey LST ( 65 tanks and 4 battalions)

8 LCT (Ç-151 class)+11 LCTs (ç140 class) they cruise by LSTs..(they carry the mechanized units of battalions that are carried with LSTs)

So; 6 mechanized battalions (6 tank companies) can be carried at same time. ( Upto 80 tanks and upto 200 armoured vechiles and about 30 SP howitzers)

It makes 2 mechanized brigades in first wave..

I'm sure Turkey has plenty of tank landing ships they have always had them

my point was more around the newer faster ones which can do 20+ knots to contain the element of surprise and move tanks quickly

29 May, 2023. Remember this date, because it will be written in history books. TCG Istanbul starting its service. The naval acceptance tests will now begin for the ship, which will be temporarily acceptance to the Naval Forces Command. The ship is expected to be put into active service towards the end of the year.

After more than 20 years of struggle and labour, we have reached the point where we have achieved the main objective of the MILGEM ideal. All surface combatant/ea platforms have now entered the capabilities of the Turkish shipbuilding and navionic/weapon systems providers. This will create an asymmetry in our region that no rival force can compete with. TCG Istanbul is a new page will be opened in the history of Turkish naval shipbuilding.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom