What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

Atmaca is the one that was said to had been sent to South Africa for test firing?
I have no idea about S.Africa news.
Atmaca should be deliver to the navy this year in low numbers.

Real question is the abilities of Atmaca, can we use this missile like a real cruise missile ?

its naval missile not ground attack.
Yeah, you can also hit the ground targets with that ''naval missile''.
Again, the real question is the ability of Atmaca missile.
Is it close to Harpoon or SOM for this job ?
Come on guys.

Yeah, you can also hit the ground targets with that ''naval missile''.
Again, the real question is the ability of Atmaca missile.
Is it close to Harpoon or SOM for this job ?
Come on guys.
good luck with that. harpoon block 2 has ground attack capability we are new in this area. i dont think we have this capability with first atmaca.

Turkey is still a novice in military industry yet you have gained and absorbed Western knowledge very fast. That is good, and I think Turkey deserves to lead at least the Sunni part of the Muslim world. A greater Turkish role in the Muslim world is good for the Muslim world and the civilized world.

What do you think about developing a supersonic and hypersonic land attack cruise missile and surface to surface missile in anti shipping role? Is there any project from your defense industry in this area?

good luck with that. harpoon block 2 has ground attack capability we are new in this area. i dont think we have this capability with first atmaca.

I have no idea about S.Africa news.
Atmaca should be deliver to the navy this year in low numbers.

Real question is the abilities of Atmaca, can we use this missile like a real cruise missile ?

When Atmaca ASM was being designed, it was intended to perform better than UGM/RGM-84 Harpoon Block II, in all aspects. So I believe this answers your questions gentlemen.

RGM-84L_10.jpg

When Atmaca ASM was being designed, it was intended to perform better than UGM/RGM-84 Harpoon Block II, in all aspects. So I believe this answers your questions gentlemen.

RGM-84L_10.jpg
That's it, thanks !

New update,
Naval design office focuses in İ class and TF2000 now, there is nothing called as a third batch as a different class, but a third batch in term of production.
TF2000 expected to complete trials and commissioned in 10 years , means 2026-2027 for being in operation, 2023-2024 for the completion, 3-4 years spared maturization, acceptence tests and sea trials.

Heard of some about Sedef shipyard is going to initialize project soon. Yet there are some issues with the company, which may delay the initialization by some months.

Turkey is still a novice in military industry yet you have gained and absorbed Western knowledge very fast. That is good, and I think Turkey deserves to lead at least the Sunni part of the Muslim world. A greater Turkish role in the Muslim world is good for the Muslim world and the civilized world.

What do you think about developing a supersonic and hypersonic land attack cruise missile and surface to surface missile in anti shipping role? Is there any project from your defense industry in this area?

One step at a time. We Turks tend to think to much ahead. We are already having projects for developing HALE type and 5t armed MALE(example: Reaper) type UAV's whilst we have yet to finish a normal 1.5t unarmed MALE drone. We should first focus on finishing existing project and introducing them to security forces.

But yeah we have come along way and hopefully when we escape the "middle-income trap" so we can give our economy and thus our military defence industry a much needed boost. Things are going far to slow sadly.

Last edited:
New update,
Naval design office focuses in İ class and TF2000 now, there is nothing called as a third batch as a different class, but a third batch in term of production.
TF2000 expected to complete trials and commissioned in 10 years , means 2026-2027 for being in operation, 2023-2024 for the completion, 3-4 years spared maturization, acceptence tests and sea trials.

Heard of some about Sedef shipyard is going to initialize project soon. Yet there are some issues with the company, which may delay the initialization by some months.

Thanks for the updates bro!

also for @cabatli_53 @Combat-Master @Sinan @xenon54. I'd like to see your inputs on this.

Why we don't divert the production phase of MILGEM to eligible private sectors such as Koç or Sabancı, If I am not wrong there was a talk about it long ago. We appreciate the efforts taken by the Office and the industry but 2026-2027 for FOC might be too late given the most likely future threat in the Eastern Mediterranean. I am sure retired topguns of the navy will agree on that.

Also, Ten years might not be a long period of time in shipping industry for 7000t naval vessels when R&D in the process of production is being included am I right? But somehow it makes me wonder if it is gonna take that much when acceptance tests/qualifications are concerned, the State with it's "indigenous design&production policy" can wait but this region from what we had been told and observe now, can not wait. Maybe we should go for a direct procurement of two vessels as a stop gap solution for certain areas of operations that are and will be even more vital for our national security.

The realistic examples would be Spain and South Korea. We'll need these desperately within 5 years as much as we need a ground based long range SAM system today.

Both of these platforms will be reliable until TF-2000s catch up. DZKK can get used to them quickly despite the personnel's past passion on American equipment, as they have critical Americam components.

KDX-IIA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Álvaro de Bazán class frigate - Wikipedia

A procurement like this has pros and cons like the propulsion system...etc. But first I'd like to hear from you all guys.

Last edited:

So Muslims aren't "civilized"? You westerners can never hide your internal sense of superiority and racism. lol

And West was also super fast in learning and absorbing knowledge and sciences from the Islamic World--and excelling in it afterwards--so I feel your appreciation.

Having dominated and ruled vast lands in European continent for centuries, We Turks know that Europeans are a capable people. I think a greater Turkish role in Europe will be a great thing for the civilized peoples of Anatolia and surrounding Islamic regions, and for Europeans too--offcourse.

France shouldn't be scared of letting Turkey into the EU. Yes, we'll have more power and prestige in Europe than France--but that's only the natural flow of things. You really don't expect to have an equal voting power as compared to us, do you? I mean, Germans and Turks are natural leaders of Europe and hence deserve to have the highest votes. Other insignificant nations shouldn't be objecting to it, right? So please tell your leadership to vote us in.

We'll help to save Europe from extinction. You can thank us later.

Thanks for the updates bro!

also for @cabatli_53 @Combat-Master @Sinan @xenon54. I'd like to see your inputs on this.

Why we don't divert the production phase of MILGEM to eligible private sectors such as Koç or Sabancı, If I am not wrong there was a talk about it long ago. We appreciate the efforts taken by the Office and the industry but 2026-2027 for FOC might be too late given the most likely future threat in the Eastern Mediterranean. I am sure retired topguns of the navy will agree on that.

Also, Ten years might not be a long period of time in shipping industry for 7000t naval vessels when R&D in the process of production is being included am I right? But somehow it makes me wonder if it is gonna take that much when acceptance tests/qualifications are concerned, the State with it's "indigenous design&production policy" can wait but this region from what we had been told and observe now, can not wait. Maybe we should go for a direct procurement of two vessels as a stop gap solution for certain areas of operations that are and will be even more vital for our national security.

The realistic examples would be Spain and South Korea. We'll need these desperately within 5 years as much as we need a ground based long range SAM system today.

Both of these platforms will be reliable until TF-2000s catch up. DZKK can get used to them quickly despite the personnel's past passion on American equipment, as they have critical Americam components.

KDX-IIA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Álvaro de Bazán class frigate - Wikipedia

A procurement like this has pros and cons like the propulsion system...etc. But first I'd like to hear from you all guys.
You guys would know better. :)

II don't know guys...3-4 years for , acceptence tests and sea trials. I didn't know that these things took so much time... And Neptune you would know it for better about the needs of DZKK.

we wanted to buy 2 additional Perry;
Don't make things up Hurşid.....

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom