What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

I'll only believe it when I see it, but I hope this is true.

It'll be so nice too see cooperation between Egypt and Syria again, just like how things were back in the 1960s and 70s. :P

Its reported that Egyptian troops will replace SAA in cities that have been already captured and will free up a lot of SAA personnel for upcoming offensives.

Its reported that Egyptian troops will replace SAA in cities that have been already captured and will free up a lot of SAA personnel for upcoming offensives.
Again, we'll have to wait and see whether this is true or not.

I personally hope this is true.

It's about time Egypt took the lead in the Arab World again. Got sick of other countries trying to do it.

But again, I'll only believe it when I see it.

If this really does happen, then it'll further damage the ties between Egypt and Saudi Arabia.

---------------------------------

@what : Looks like you were right after all! :-)

Again, we'll have to wait and see whether this is true or not.

I personally hope this is true.

It's about time Egypt took the lead in the Arab World again. Got sick of other countries trying to do it.

But again, I'll only believe it when I see it.

If this really does happen, then it'll further damage the ties between Egypt and Saudi Arabia.
Egypt should worry about sorting out its poor self...

Egypt to send peacekeeping forces to Syria: report
https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/egypt-send-peacekeeping-forces-syria-report/

Flag-Pins-Syria-Egypt.jpg

@what

Great news indeed, but it remains to be seen how many troops will be involved. Would love to see reconciliation between Egypt and Turkey.

How reliable is Al-Arabiya?

That's like saying water is wet. The FSA has a history of working with ISIS and they have had many defectors over the years.

When Aleppo was freed there was ISIS flags and graffiti, sharia courts, and mass graves with people that were tortured. Turkey got bitten hard by ignoring ISIS and letting foreign ISIS fighters cross from Turkey by the thousands. The FSA is the same thing under a different name.

Stop trolling man...

Great news indeed, but it remains to be seen how many troops will be involved. Would love to see reconciliation between Egypt and Turkey.

How reliable is Al-Arabiya?
Somewhat reliable. It only becomes unreliable when it attempts to fabricate news about Saudi Arabia lol.

Stop trolling man...

Trolling in what way? There is a mountain of evidence that proves the FSA have worked with ISIS and committed horrific war crimes. It doesn't help that many ISIS members are former FSA. They arnt "moderate" and they arnt an army, just a bunch of jihadists that the west labeled as good guys in order to overthrow Assad...reminds me of the mujahdeen in Afghanistan in the 1980s. For some reason I haven't heard anyone in the west reference them as the mujahideen after the US led invasion.

You obviously having been living in a bubble if you think they, the FSA are good guys. I would not in a million years trust any of those jihadists if I was a Turkish soldier.

Trolling in what way? There is a mountain of evidence that proves the FSA have worked with ISIS and committed horrific war crimes. It doesn't help that many ISIS members are former FSA. They arnt "moderate" and they arnt an army, just a bunch of jihadists that the west labeled as good guys in order to overthrow Assad...reminds me of the mujahdeen in Afghanistan in the 1980s. For some reason I haven't heard anyone in the west reference them as the mujahideen after the US led invasion.

You obviously having been living in a bubble if you think they, the FSA are good guys. I would not in a million years trust any of those jihadists if I was a Turkish soldier.
Them standing up to a Alawite+Shia+R-Orthodox dictatorship doesn't make them all Jihadist... Jihad gets thrown around so easily these days.

well i agree some of what you said fsa does have some jihadist among their ranks. who we shouldn't trust. but majority of them are syrian by birth who are fighting for their country, and not some Iranian militias who are fighting for the secular regime in syria, when the Iranian people don't even have secularism in their own country, you see the irony there...

Last edited:
Them standing up to a Alawite+Shia+R-Orthodox dictatorship doesn't make them all Jihadist... Jihad gets thrown around so easily these days.

What the hell is a "Alawite+Shia+R-Orthodox dictatorship"? The Christians are only a minority in Syria and their numbers have been declining because they have faced attacks, descrimination and subjugation. The Christians in Syria have never ruled anything.

As for Shia, they are a minority, same for the Alawites, and of all the nonsense you wrote, the majority of Syrians support Assad. There was mass celebrations when Alepppo was freed of jihadists. The residents have nothing good to say about the "moderates". They kept civilians as hostages and did not let them leave to government controlled areas, yet when the government takes back control of an area from jihadists the civilians almost never choose to live amongst jihadists.

You're making it appear as though defeating the Kurds will be an easy endeavor, when in fact you know very well that the Americans won't allow Turkey or anyone else to roll back the YPG's territorial gains.
You don't understand. Turkey from the very start has kept reminding the world and especially USA that YPG cannot and must not exist west of Eurphrates river, that's exactly why the name of the operation is Euphrates Shield. The main aim is Manbij and Afrin, but first Turkey must demonstrate that ISIS is a terrorist group and also that Sultan Murad brigade and other Türkmen brigades within FSA are moderates and trustworthy allies that are capable of removing ISIS - and not only YPG can do that.

And foremost, USA has agreed several times officially that YPG will move - is moving - has moved - blablabla -> east of Manbij. In the upcomming days, especially after the Astana meeting, I think we will see more activity on YPG.

What the hell is a "Alawite+Shia+R-Orthodox dictatorship"? The Christians are only a minority in Syria and their numbers have been declining because they have faced attacks, descrimination and subjugation. The Christians in Syria have never ruled anything.

As for Shia, they are a minority, same for the Alawites, and of all the nonsense you wrote, the majority of Syrians support Assad. There was mass celebrations when Alepppo was freed of jihadists. The residents have nothing good to say about the "moderates". They kept civilians as hostages and did not let them leave to government controlled areas, yet when the government takes back control of an area from jihadists the civilians almost never choose to live amongst jihadists.
I was referring to the Russians and Iranians you humanity-saving genius!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom