What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

The only things you can call "tanks" in Turkish army inventory are the Sabras and in an other way the Leopards 2A4.

I must add that's foolish to think there's going to be a tank vs tank confrontation without support from troops on the ground with their anti tank missiles,the artillery,the attack helicopters,the air force... You have to look into a broader confrontation,not just "tanks vs tanks".
i DONT actually think it as a tank vs tank fight.

just tell me, Where France beat Turkey?

Turkey got more submarines and well suited for shallow water
Turkey got enough corvettes and attack ships with anti ship cruise missiles, which is also local production such as ATmaca or SOM.
Turkey got enough frigate to defend against those missiles also local air defence is almost ready.

just tell me WHere France beat Turkey in its background?

This is tough but in times like this I don't think Turkey can be part of both camps. They have to decide they are either in the Russia-Iran camp or the US-UK-Zionist camp

It's almost impossible to be on good terms with both sides. I would like to think that Russian-Turkish rapprochement will work but then there is the historical animosity with both nations (Lavrov being Russian FM and considering his ethnicity does not help either) nor does Russia's unanimous backing for Assad.

The downside is that, if you want to be a regional power or beyond, you have to play that gambling game of "Side"...
Since it's by taking such steps, that you will seal a "Mind" around the region and therefore be able to "impose" your views.

But ofc, it's gambling, it can work or it can't... The last Gambling was the Ottoman play in 1914-1918... and that one failed... But who knows, the next could be the good one.

That is IF Turkey seek to be a regional power, if not, having the spot of "Observer" is the good one... And let's not forget... The one Playing in Syria DO NOT live next to that conflict zone... Turkey does... It's like having your Kids speak about their Incoming Inheritence while you are still Alive...

Last, Short term view is a curse for a Nation. it's only good for "Individuals" and their "Agendas"

Turkey would be stupid to support USA while they are arming and handing over territory to PKK .
The best situation is for Turkey to remain neutral and link support to any side only after they are willing to allow Turkey to take over more PKK territory.

The next few years Turkey's sole focus will be shrinking PKK held territory .

Turkey would be stupid to support USA while they are arming and handing over territory to PKK .
The best situation is for Turkey to remain neutral and link support to any side only after they are willing to allow Turkey to take over more PKK territory.

You can use such opportunity to pressure and ask for concessions from the US about PKK/YPG...
The US/France etc... will seek every "Support" to legitimate their stance... therefore, they could be keen to allow "few things" in return.
And Support doesn't always mean "Striking with them"...
Plus, you have RU nowadays singing the ultimate song of "TR should handover Afrin to ASSad..." so a little reminder is always a good thing in politics
Who knows...

This is tough but in times like this I don't think Turkey can be part of both camps. They have to decide they are either in the Russia-Iran camp or the US-UK-Zionist camp

It's almost impossible to be on good terms with both sides. I would like to think that Russian-Turkish rapprochement will work but then there is the historical animosity with both nations (Lavrov being Russian FM and considering his ethnicity does not help either) nor does Russia's unanimous backing for Assad.

Turkish foreign office has been dealing with this kinds of issues since the foundation of Turkiye. So I trust that they can make it somehow work.

Actually it might be good US/EU taking out Assad, it will mean Turkey can sit down on the negotiation table with the Syrian government, with Assad there we will forever have a troublesome to no relationship.

Turkey has already achieved its goals in Afrin where we had to negotiate with Russia, we are done with the Russians far as PKK as concerned. in the west (Manbij and rest) Turkey supporting the west may open the way up for us to go into the north of Syria, or may resume support of west for locals in place of Kurdish terrorists.

Last edited:

I think we should wait up. Our primary target isnt assad as u know its the pkk and its backers. Therefore we should once the US is exhausted with the stuff they have ins yria carpet bomb the americans and their friends.

Pls someone clarify me. Why do we let the west us our air space ?

What did we get so far ? Who is in charge of this shit ? Are u kidding me like seriously ?
Because we are strategic allies in NATO? They even have nuclear weapons in Turkey. Hellooo :wave::wave::wave:

How fast people forget about NATO and the obligations that come with it.
Its driven by the desire for independent Turkey and I understand it to some point but there are realities on the ground that we don't seem to be able to change in the close future.

Back
Top Bottom