What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

Its hardly unlikely to say the least that Turkey didnt know rebel stance re US troops. These are more or less the same gruops that refused to join SDF.

In other news, Ahrar al Sham officially joins Eupharat shield battle

If thats the case its still a huge failure of our goverment but apart from this why didnt they protest before we went into Syria? Why now? Why did they join in the first place?

If thats the case its still a huge failure of our goverment but apart from this why didnt they protest before we went into Syria? Why now? Why did they join in the first place?

Its not a failure if it was intentional. As I said, no way Turkey didnt know about the "welcoming party" to US troops. Maybe for some reason Turkey doesnt want to many US troops in their area of operation. And this was was a way to ensure that. Look you guys we are all for cooperation and all, but you see you are not welcomed by the locals so... you know..

Who, the rebels?

Thats a very easy excuse for the mistakes, its not like US forced itself into this operation, its being coordinated with them for more than a year, their SOF joined the operation with Turkeys consent.

There are two scenarios:
-Turkey wasnt smart enough to recognize the fact that FSA wouldnt want to fight alonside US.
-FSA betrayed Turkey since its impossible that they didnt knew about US involvement, US made numerous statements about their involvement in the operation numerous times and even helped with airstrikes on the first days.
Which one do you like more?

If our goverment was smart they would make a deal with SAA (if it isnt too late already) and attack ypg together, which would automatically involve Russia and Iran.
But this isnt very unlikely too, Erdogan doesnt really have any ally left that would trust him at this point anymore, wrong FP of the last decade destroyed most strategical scenarios at once, bravo.

Last scenario is an invasion with thousands of soldiers, this would cost us more than just money though.
If it was truly coordinated with the US for a year, then why the US deliberately complicates the Turkish plan, which it claims to be helping to coordinate, by bringing ypg to the west (our red line) and (diplomatically) protect it as much as it can? To force us finally in? They succeeded, why keep protecting the ypg then?
Again our govt made the mistake of over relying on US support. US SOF? Why? As a Turkish SOF or fsa member i would have been displeased too. Air support is sufficient and i think fsa is fine with that or we would have heard their complaint earlier. If some fsa is being a partypooper and betrays us over some US SOF, then it's suspicious, but of course i agree blame first lies with the one that allowed US SOF there. I agree with your last 2 paragraphs are spot on.

All villages were retaken within hours; let's not be quick to judge tactical retreats which prevent infantry from being involved in direct combat ~ especially since Turkey can field tanks, ifv, artillery, jets and ucav..

Current situation, blue is new territory gained from DAESH
Csz1N6GXEAAbiVQ.jpg:large

If it was truly coordinated with the US for a year, then why the US deliberately complicates the Turkish plan, which it claims to be helping to coordinate, by bringing ypg to the west (our red line) and (diplomatically) protect it as much as it can? To force us finally in? They succeeded, why keep protecting the ypg then?
Again our govt made the mistake of over relying on US support. US SOF? Why? As a Turkish SOF or fsa member i would have been displeased too. Air support is sufficient and i think fsa is fine with that or we would have heard their complaint earlier. If some fsa is being a partypooper and betrays us over some US SOF, then it's suspicious, but of course i agree blame first lies with the one that allowed US SOF there. I agree with your last 2 paragraphs are spot on.
Being ok with airstrikes but refusing SOF's doesnt make sense to me.

Anyways, im hoping for the best since we dont have many options regarding Syria.

All villages were retaken within hours; let's not be quick to judge tactical retreats which prevent infantry from being involved in direct combat ~ especially since Turkey can field tanks, ifv, artillery, jets and ucav..

Current situation, blue is new territory gained from DAESH
Csz1N6GXEAAbiVQ.jpg:large
As long as there is the will to get this operation done and there is no sabotaging, then this operation should not fail. If anything, i think lack of fsa members will naturally result in isis recapturing weak points only to be kicked out sooner or later.

Being ok with airstrikes but refusing SOF's doesnt make sense to me.

Anyways, im hoping for the best since we dont have many options regarding Syria.
Yeah, that's indeed strange, the situation is confusing. Let's hope for the best.

Euphrates shield operation needs to be extended. Heard that Turks are losing some position to the Daesh counter attack. I think Turkey should strengthen their position on Syrian grounds and meet Syrian positions in Aleppo. Would be better if Turks gather some intels from Syrian Military.

The new group everyone is talking about endorsed our operation but didnt join it. And even if, they are Salafis/Wahabis.

Some of you guys are very irrational, impatient and emotional. You are expecting miracles in short time. We can't achieve in three weeks all of our strategic goals in Syria. This isn't a simple task we are talking about.

On the one hand you reject every plan to send thousands of Turkish soldiers to North Aleppo but on the other hand you can hardly wait to finally win this battle. This isn't a video game.

We saw a little setback today but we regain the lost territory. This is completely normal.

PKK is going to al bab now

What's your source, Hurshid?

Some of you guys are very irrational, impatient and emotional. You are expecting miracles in short time. We can't achieve in three weeks all of our strategic goals in Syria. This isn't a simple task we are talking about.

On the one hand you reject every plan to send thousands of Turkish soldiers to North Aleppo but on the other hand you can hardly wait to finally win this battle. This isn't a video game.

We saw a little setback today but we regain the lost territory. This is completely normal.

What's your source, Hurshid?
Turkey got navy, ground force and air force all three on their hand. What the wait for. You need to make bold move if you really want to stop US or Kurdish or Syrian army or IS advance.

Back
Top Bottom