What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

Those YPG Kurds and their supporters are first time so very close of establishing their donkeystan, I guess they won't leave without a fight. And I hope they will fight, so we get to annihilate them for good - such that they don't get these wet dreams for another 500 years.

YPG Comander:"Not only Shekh Maqsud but other neighborhds are under our control too. We have no intention of handing them to anyone""

Source:

No one is forcing Turkey to remain in NATO......Erdogan must not care if some weapons end up in the hands of Kurds i suppose?
If RTE really hated PKK/YPG wouldn't he cut all ties with Yanks??
Easy to blame Yanks for everything.

I think we will quit NATO, or at least we prepare to get out :
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...dliners-wake-failed-coup-against-Erdogan.html

But we need time for securiy reason and to don't let some industry contract to be invalid.

I think either our conflict of interest with the US will end or we will quit NATO after 2/3 years.

Those YPG Kurds and their supporters are first time so very close of establishing their donkeystan, I guess they won't leave without a fight. And I hope they will fight, so we get to annihilate them for good - such that they don't get these wet dreams for another 500 years.

YPG Comander:"Not only Shekh Maqsud but other neighborhds are under our control too. We have no intention of handing them to anyone""

Source:
You need to be more realistic, I'm afraid.

I think we will quit NATO, or at least we prepare to get out :
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...dliners-wake-failed-coup-against-Erdogan.html

But we need time for securiy reason and to don't let some industry contract to be invalid.

I think either our conflict of interest with the US will end or we will quit NATO after 2/3 years.
Wishful thinking. There's no chance we get out of NATO that soon. next 20+ years time, sure, hard to predict that far into the future.
NATO is not going to just allow us to leave without a fight.....are you prepared for more PKK terrorism? I am, but, i'd rather we steadily grow our economy a lot more before we even think about getting out of this alliance with the Americans.
$1 trillion GDP should be a start. a long way to go, like I said.

It is all pre-Astana preparations. Be more realistic on what? Assad is trying to impress Turkey, so Turkey may change its stance towards his regime.
You're making it appear as though defeating the Kurds will be an easy endeavor, when in fact you know very well that the Americans won't allow Turkey or anyone else to roll back the YPG's territorial gains.

You're making it appear as though defeating the Kurds will be an easy endeavor, when in fact you know very well that the Americans won't allow Turkey or anyone else to roll back the YPG's territorial gains.
Remind me again why the yanks chose the Kurds over the Turks...

Usa will clearly not allow steamrolling of Kurds. I dont think that a landlocked Kurdish controlled area at the north eastern Syria is a big deal for us, as long as we have a land route to the gulf states. Not even KRG is friendly to them. But Afrin and Manbij should be quickly cleaned without the possibility of a direct US interference(not going to be easy. There should be even cooperation with Assad and Russia to guarantee the result. Plus no oil and gas points should be given to Kurds. They should be burned&destroyed at worst case. Let them starve at their dirthole.

Usa will clearly not allow steamrolling of Kurds. I dont think that a landlocked Kurdish controlled area at the north eastern Syria is a big deal for us, as long as we have a land route to the gulf states. Not even KRG is friendly to them. But Afrin and Manbij should be quickly cleaned without the possibility of a direct US interference(not going to be easy. There should be even cooperation with Assad and Russia to guarantee the result. Plus no oil and gas points should be given to Kurds. They should be burned&destroyed at worst case. Let them starve at their dirthole.
Afrin is a very rugged area, unlike the Azaz-Jarabulus corridor. The Turkish army will have a very difficult time trying to capture it. Moreover, Afrin has good diplomatic ties with Damascus, so don't expect al-Assad or Putin to hand that region over to Erdogan. It'll never happen.

As for Manbij, it's filled with American special forces units. Also, the Syrian Kurds are going to receive a number of anti-tank and anti-aircraft missiles from the Americans. Manbij also happens to be much larger, more populated and more fortified than al-Bab.

Turkey is already beginning to get bogged down against ISIS. The last thing you need right now is to get involved in a costly war against the YPG.

Currently, Turkey is engaged in a low intensity conflict with the Syrian Kurds. I don't think that's going to change anytime soon, regardless of all the political rhetoric.

-------------------------------------------

@Kuwaiti Girl

I didnt meant a solo Turkish interference. I'm fine with Assad government ruling over Afrin. But I have to remind you its the rugged terrain that Turkish army is more experienced on. We have been fighting with PKK for decades.

On Manbij, if its a combined Turkish-Russian-Assad move. I doubt USA would insist on its defence, not worth the risk of Russian or Turkish confrontation, in the beginning they agreed that YPG would have stayed east of Euphrates anyway(even though they didnt hold their promise). Doesnt means its going to be easy of course but as long as those factions work together, it would be taken. Only problem is the heartland of Rojava. I doubt those areas can be taken. But as I said its not a big deal. They will be a landlocked piss poor area and not block our way to south.

The PKK lover @Kuwaiti Girl (Nadia) is back. Do not waste your time with her. I'd ban her from entering Turkish section.

You need to be more realistic, I'm afraid.
Exactly, kill switch girl.

"The Turkish military said its fighter jets hit Syrian Kurdish targets in northern Syria, and eliminated up to 200 fighters"

"Michael Israel from California and Anton Leschek from Bielefeld were eliminated in a Turkish airstrike on November 24. The two men were foreign volunteers, serving in the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF)."

Last edited:
@Kuwaiti Girl

I didnt meant a solo Turkish interference. I'm fine with Assad government ruling over Afrin. But I have to remind you its the rugged terrain that Turkish army is more experienced on. We have been fighting with PKK for decades.

On Manbij, if its a combined Turkish-Russian-Assad move. I doubt USA would insist on its defence, not worth the risk of Russian or Turkish confrontation, in the beginning they agreed that YPG would have stayed east of Euphrates anyway(even though they didnt hold their promise). Doesnt means its going to be easy of course but as long as those factions work together, it would be taken. Only problem is the heartland of Rojava. I doubt those areas can be taken. But as I said its not a big deal. They will be a landlocked piss poor area and not block our way to south.
You can't really compare the rugged terrain in Afrin with that of southeastern Turkey. For one thing, the Turkish military is naturally far more familiar with the geography of its own country than the geography of other countries. That is to be expected. As a general rule, however, the harsher the topography of a particular area, the more difficult it would be for an invading army to successfully conquer/occupy it.

In any case, Damascus and Moscow won't allow a Turkish invasion of Afrin, so you might as well forget about it. Both al-Assad and Putin are happy with the Kurds ruling over Afrin. In fact, they are pretty content with using the Syrian Kurds as a bulwark against Turkey throughout most of northern Syria.

The Americans won't defend the Syrian Kurds from any Turkish attacks, but they'll give them plenty of anti-tank and anti-aircraft weapons. This won't be like fighting the PKK.

Last edited:
You can't really compare the rugged terrain in Afrin with that of southeastern Turkey. For one thing, the Turkish military is naturally far more familiar with the geography of its own country than the geography of other countries. That is to be expected. As a general rule, however, the harsher the topography of a particular area, the more difficult it would be for an invading army to successfully conquer/occupy it.

In any case, Damascus and Moscow won't allow a Turkish invasion of Afrin, so you might as well forget about it. Both al-Assad and Putin are happy with the Kurds ruling over Afrin. In fact, they are pretty content with using the Syrian Kurds as a bulwark against Turkey throughout most of northern Syria.

The Americans won't defend the Syrian Kurds from any Turkish attacks, but they'll give them plenty of anti-tank and anti-aircraft weapons. This won't be like fighting the PKK.

Rugged terrain of Southeastern Turkey is way harsher than Afrin. Feel free to check it out. Plus Afrin is surrounded by Turkey in three sides, which gives a better movement change. We wouldnt even need to move our artillery into Syria.

Whatever Assad does with Afrin is entirely depends on their stance. If they go rogue like their eastern buddies, they would be crushed between Assad and Turkey. If they obey Assad then as I said Im ok with Assad having control over Afrin.

Anti-tank/air weapons wouldnt change the final results, more casualties and longer time? Yes but Turkish army is not a rag tag militia force, they wouldnt get depleted of resources and manpower. It wouldnt easily lose popular support either because people understand that it concerns our national security.

Anyway, even if neither Manbij or Afrin was touched this operation still succeceded on preventing their union. Not a very bad result.

Russian jets strike Daesh targets in Syria's al-Bab for first time

Russia targeted Daesh positions in Syria's al-Bab in airstrikes carried out on Wednesday for the first time, as Turkey is carrying out Operation Euphrates Shield to clean terrorists from the region and the Syrian opposition and Assad regime announced a ceasefire in the country.

According to reports, Russian jets hit Daesh targets located in southern al-Bab, while Turkey is focusing on the central part.

Turkey launched the operation on al-Bab as part of Operation Euphrates Shield, launched on Aug. 24, which aims to eliminate terror threats to Turkey's southern borders posed by Daesh and PKK's Syrian offshoots, the Democratic Union Party (PYD) and its armed wing, the People's Protection Units (YPG).

Located 30 kilometers from the Turkish border, al-Bab used to be home to around 64,000 people, mainly Sunni Arabs, before the Syrian civil war erupted in 2011.

Operation Euphrates Shield has been pushing southward to clear Daesh from al-Bab, forming a 5,000-square-kilometer terror-free zone comprising the towns of al-Bab, al-Rai, Azaz, Jarablus and Manbij.

http://www.dailysabah.com/syrian-cr...daesh-targets-in-syrias-al-bab-for-first-time
----

Funny how Russia is giving a message to the US and other western coalition members, who still refuse to assist against isis at al-Bab, that Russia on the contrary will bomb isis. US lost some face again.

Do you know what kind of terrain eastern Turkey? its not easy region. East of euphrate in syria can not compared with eastern Turkey. it would not be difficult like fighting PKK

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom