• I agree but,....

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I don't agree

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Don't care

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Don't get your hopes too high mate. None can save CHP, ever since Ataturk, no one was able to live up to a fraction of his vision and legacy. They were too relaxed, relaxation brought us down.

You guys might dislike AKP and Erdogan. But admit this at least, they have guts and they sweat a lot for our nation, none is perfect but we Turks must always stand with our leaders, especially in the tough situation we stand right now. Muslims, non-muslims we are all brothers and this is our only nation. We either fight for our existence or we fear and perish

Last edited:
Akincilar AB after coup night from Google maps.

bm3jvwgn.jpg

idi67ndl.jpg

3p2vhd7y.jpg

gb9zs8qi.jpg

mdl3wuqx.jpg

5fc7o8zc.jpg

fujgz4hu.jpg

rb4pncpa.jpg

Why is it good news?

Because I'm a social conservative and secular democrat and thus I'm against any kind of Kemalist structures in our society and state. Kemalism is like cancer and the main reason why parts of our society became Islamistic in the first place.

Because I'm a social conservative and secular democrat and thus I'm against any kind of Kemalist structures in our society and state. Kemalism is like cancer and the main reason why parts of our society became Islamistic in the first place.
Define Kemalism,what kind of rule is it?

Look at the big picture. I know we are not Arabs or North Koreans, duh, I was giving an example if you want a dictatorship then you can go live in those countries for a few days. In the early days FETO helped him get into power no one can deny this, but he turned on them which was the right move for the better of the country. Europe is scared shitless of him right now all he has to do is open the borders and bye bye, Europe is already collapsing.

Most of the shit that happened to Turkey were plots from other countries and terrorists groups. Imagine if the coup was succesful, who were you going to look for help then? EU and America were so ready for the coup to be successful they didn't even know what the hell to say when it failed.

He may have done some mistakes, but he has done far more good and we should be grateful. Trees are cool but not something you should riot over and destroy the park that you were so called "protecting".

No, that's a false narrative, the US and EU associatec governments didn't say anything period, they were waiting to see it play out, after which they gave supportive words.

Classic hedging.

Basically if a coup were going on in the US do you think Erdogan would make a risky statement while it was ongoing or wait to see how it played out?

By the way, to all Turks...

How big a change is this?

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/12/erdogan-ak-party-bill-empower-presidency-161211075814359.html

I assume its likely to get passed given it has the support of the akp.

It seems like Erdogan continues to centralize his power, definitely a bad sign for Turkish democracy, perhaps we'll see a sultan in Turkey in the next 5 years?

And what is AKP then? Because nobody managed to fvck up the country more than them.

Define Kemalism,what kind of rule is it?

This is an illegitimate approach. You want to spark a theoretical debate over Kemalism. But this isn't my point. I'm not interested in such arguments. Communists are often using the same trick. They don't want to discuss the fundamental ground realities. However, one must consider the genuine application of this Kemalist epistime in our society. How does Kemalism influence our overall situation today?Just examine the political influence exercised nowadays in our society by Kemalist politicians and you'll understand my point of view.

Kemalism is dead. Turks will always refuse to accept the rule of a Kemalistic, urban, elitist and rich minority. More than 2/3 of our society has an anti-Kemalist stance. You guys are deliberately mixing up people's sympathy towards Atatürk's person with having a Kemalistic worldview in political terms.

I am secular but this does not mean that I'm in favor of another authoritarian ideology, which Kemalism really is.

Kemalists and Kemalism is the only reason we are what/where we are now (not talking about our bad decade, but in general). Islamists come and go, true Republicans are the backbone of our nation.

This is an illegitimate approach. You want to spark a theoretical debate over Kemalism. But this isn't my point. I'm not interested in such arguments. Communist are often using the same trick. They don't want to discuss the fundamental ground realities. However, one must consider the genuine application of this Kemalist epistime in our society. How does Kemalism influence our overall situation today?Just examine the political influence exercised nowadays in our society by Kemalist politicians and you'll understand my point of view.

Kemalism is dead. Turks will always refuse to accept the rule of a Kemalistic, urban, elitist and rich minority. More than 2/3 of our society has an anti-Kemalist stance. You guys are deliberately mixing up people's sympathy towards Atatürk's person with having an Kemalistic worldview in political terms.

I am secular but this does not mean that I'm in favor of another authoritarian ideology, which Kemalism really is.
Funny you say 'Turks' refuse Kemalism because you know people who hate Kemalism also happens to hate Turkish identity as much and never call themselves Turks.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom