What's new

Type 052D DDG News & Discussions

New amateur pictures taken on August 1st, un total of 2 x Type 052C destroyers and 3 x Type 052D destroyers, plus 4 modules of the 4th Type 052D. We can also see a new Type 726 LCAC plus 1 new Type 081 or similar minehunter.

Very impressive facilities, and if I understand correctly, the photos represent only a small portion of a very massive shipyard. I hope the folks at Magazon Dock are learning a thing or two, starting with basic cleanliness. The Magazon facility looks as if a hurricane had just gone through it and deposited heaps of trash.

Now come on, stop knocking the Kolkata Class.

Is India at times slow? Yes. Does India often make claims and predications it can not meet? Yes. Does India miss her equipment procurement deadlines too often for its own good? Yes.

But let's be fair, the Kolkata class could yet redeem itself. It has a good, watertight hull, made from steel imported from Russia. That's a pretty solid start for India.

Now all they have to do is putting the rest of the ship together. Let's wait and see, since 'slow and steady wins the race'. Chalta hai, chalta hai.

I cant tell if you are defending the Indians or trolling them.....

Type 052D 91800 shp CODAG
Type 052C 81000 shp CODAG
Burke 108000 shp COGAG
Tico 81000 shp COGAG
Akizuki 64000 shp COGAG

The Type 052D will be the pinnacle evolution of the DDG with the CODAG propulsion, it is only lesser than Burke, so can't wait to see the mighty Type 055A as China's first DDG with the COGAG propulsion. :D

one of the 052 destroyers, I think 112, used COGAG.

I cant tell if you are defending the Indians or trolling them.....

Oh come on, I was 100% serious. India has come a long way since the days of the British Raj. Back then, she had no shipbuilding industry to speak of. Look at how far India has come: she can now fashion imported steel into useful shapes of significant sizes whilst water-proofing them.

Progress takes time, but India has lots of it and even more patience. 'Slow and steady wins the race', as any Indian would tell you. So chalta hai, chalta hai, for building the Kolkata class is like putting together an Indian wedding: everything will be fine in the end, eventually, at some point, in due course, by and by, and over the very long haul, most probably definitely.

052D's 130mm gun

25_72972_aec5f59f93fecb7.jpg

So how many DDGs Type 052D China is producing and where it will going to place in current and war Scenario as US is sending all of its moderin equipment to near Chinese countries for unknown reasons...??

So how many DDGs Type 052D China is producing and where it will going to place in current and war Scenario as US is sending all of its moderin equipment to near Chinese countries for unknown reasons...??

At least 8 of them but rumour is total of 16 will be produced. And they are producing them at a very electric pace.

Oh come on, I was 100% serious. India has come a long way since the days of the British Raj. Back then, she had no shipbuilding industry to speak of. Look at how far India has come: she can now fashion imported steel into useful shapes of significant sizes whilst water-proofing them.

Progress takes time, but India has lots of it and even more patience. 'Slow and steady wins the race', as any Indian would tell you. So chalta hai, chalta hai, for building the Kolkata class is like putting together an Indian wedding: everything will be fine in the end, eventually, at some point, in due course, by and by, and over the very long haul, most probably definitely.

The problem with Indian is, they always underachieved and boast about things not happening and too optimistic. Just like space exploration. Its funny, they haven even able to send a man to space then they start talking about landing a man on moon and even bragging about overtaking China as leader of space advancement in few years time.

Like year target of sending a man to space in 2013 and landing a man on moon in 2020? Seriously, do you think that is realistic? And all this year target is speak from the chief of ISRO.. Same as their military procurement. Precisely that is where the problem for India. If they really want to advance better than China. They shall drop that kind of attitude and get down from their high horse. If not, they will never able to improve and meet their target.

At least 8 of them but rumour is total of 16 will be produced. And they are producing them at a very electric pace.

I am quite sure that it would be 16 of them or else China might not have started this program for just 8 of these. Also How many Type 54, 54As and 54Bs are going to be produced???

I am quite sure that it would be 16 of them or else China might not have started this program for just 8 of these. Also How many Type 54, 54As and 54Bs are going to be produced???

2 type 54,20 type 54A.Not aware of 54B.

2 type 54,20 type 54A.Not aware of 54B.

Hey Austerlitz, in another thread you said the a ship of the Kolkata class had undergone trials. When did the trials take place? What did they involve (e.g. full speed and endurance runs, weapons and sensors test)? Care to share a source?

The problem with Indian is, they always underachieved and boast about things not happening and too optimistic. Just like space exploration. Its funny, they haven even able to send a man to space then they start talking about landing a man on moon and even bragging about overtaking China as leader of space advancement in few years time.

Like year target of sending a man to space in 2013 and landing a man on moon in 2020? Seriously, do you think that is realistic? And all this year target is speak from the chief of ISRO.. Same as their military procurement. Precisely that is where the problem for India. If they really want to advance better than China. They shall drop that kind of attitude and get down from their high horse. If not, they will never able to improve and meet their target.

People and cultures are different. In some cultures, people take pride in yawning credibility gaps. In other cultures, such gaps are frowned upon. Some cultures value action over words, whereas others prefer voluability and idleness.

I'm not judging. Diversity can be a beautiful thing.

People and cultures are different. In some cultures, people take pride in yawning credibility gaps. In other cultures, such gaps are frowned upon. Some cultures value action over words, whereas others prefer voluability and idleness.

I'm not judging. Diversity can be a beautiful thing.

Your tone is certainly non judgemental.:sarcastic:
Our country is different,authoritarian methods as in china can't be dictated here due to massive diversities.Also we have labour laws and trade unions that limit work hrs,so its difficult to speed up warship construction to chinese level were CCP word is law.Here there would be riots if this was forced .Also till now we didn't have modular construction technique in our military shipyards and ship construction thus took yrs,this new technology has now been implemented and starting with project 17A class ships will be constructed at twice previous speed.

Our country is different,authoritarian methods as in china can't be dictated here due to massive diversities.Also we have labour laws and trade unions that limit work hrs,so its difficult to speed up warship construction to chinese level were CCP word is law.Here there would be riots if this was forced .Also till now we didn't have modular construction technique in our military shipyards and ship construction thus took yrs,this new technology has now been implemented and starting with project 17A class ships will be constructed at twice previous speed.

Hey Austerlitz, in another thread you said the a ship of the Kolkata class had undergone trials. When did the trials take place? What did they involve (e.g. full speed and endurance runs, weapons and sensors test)? Care to share a source?

Mmmm, mmmm... Good points, good points...

I wonder, if India is so diverse and therefore adverse to centralized command, then why not break up the country into natural constituent parts, like the old days of the Maharajas?

Or alternately, why not reduce the amount of laws and regulations on the books so as to accommodate such diversity?

Lastly, does corruption not also play a role in the delays?

By the way, could you provide a source on the Kolkata Class undergoing sea trials?

Back
Top Bottom