What's new

Type 055 DDG News & Discussions

Dalian Shipyard 5×052D + 3×055 DDGs (April 2018)

tmp_21549-Dalian Shipyard 5×052D + 3×055 destroyers (April 2018) via PDF1364590682.jpg

Dalian Shipyard 5×052D + 3×055 DDGs (April 2018)

View attachment 469118

Just as a reply to your complaints certain members would not - or even deliberately ignore - the original source:

This image was posted by A.Man at the SDF long before you posted it here and you did not mention him even if one might assume you should have seen it there ....

A.png

But I do not want to nit-pick; I only want to demonstrate that it is too far-fetched to assume each image posted at the SDF was "stolen" here since there are so many forums out there where an image was posted. Most often I find the images at Twitter and often enough they are posted here few minutes later.

However I agree with you, if the original source is known, this should be given ... but mentioning where an image was found is not helpful nor justified since it still does not give credit to the original source or photographer, which is often enough not known.

Best,
Deino

Just as a reply to your complaints certain members would not - or even deliberately ignore - the original source:

This image was posted by A.Man at the SDF long before you posted it here and you did not mention him even if one might assume you should have seen it there ....

View attachment 469141

But I do not want to nit-pick; I only want to demonstrate that it is too far-fetched to assume each image posted at the SDF was "stolen" here since there are so many forums out there where an image was posted. Most often I find the images at Twitter and often enough they are posted here few minutes later.

However I agree with you, if the original source is known, this should be given ... but mentioning where an image was found is not helpful nor justified since it still does not give credit to the original source or photographer, which is often enough not known.

Best,
Deino
Deino, I didn't know the post by "A.Man", I have didn't get the pic from SDF! It's up to you and others to believe my words. I don't know the photographer, no way I can give such credit. Other providers are clearly printed on the pic, it's obvious by itself, no need to mention further.
And you're an administrators in both forums, surely you can see the trend in which flow the information/materials are duplicated without the due credit. As I mentioned earlier, this kind of practice has not just happened recently.

P. S. I suggest those diligent posters in PDF to put some simple watermark to the key/significant pics before being uploaded at PDF to deter such practice, like I did above "Via PDF" for example. Let's see the outcome if done consistently.

Last edited:
Deino, I didn't know the post by "A.Man", I have didn't get the pic from SDF! It's up to you and others to believe my words. I don't know the photographer, no way I can give such credit. Other providers are clearly printed on the pic, it's obvious by itself, no need to mention further.
And you're an administrators in both forums, surely you can see the trend in which flow the information/materials are duplicated without the due credit. As I mentioned earlier, this kind of practice has not just happened recently.

Dear @samrasa, exactly my point and I thrust you; I believe your word, but in the same way you did not find this image at the SDF I also thrust by78 that he did not find it here.

Consequently in the same way any accusation, you would have "stolen" that image at the SDF without giving credit, is unfair ... but would then in return not be any accusation against any SDF-member, they would copy and paste only from the PDF be also unfair?

Again, my point is there are so many possibilities where one might have found an image first ...

Best,
Deino

Back
Top Bottom