What's new

U.S. offers help to South East Asia, most to Vietnam, to patrol seas

Audio

Reaction score
Country
Switzerland
(Reuters) - The United States on Monday offered $32.5 million in assistance to Southeast Asian nations, more than half to Vietnam, to boost maritime security, which comes as tension grows with China over rival claims in the South China Sea.

Kerry said up to $18 million of the funds would go toward strengthening Vietnam's coastal patrols to help its coastguard react quicker to search and rescue missions, and for disasters. The funding would also be used to buy five "fast" patrol boats for Vietnam's coastguard in 2014, he added.

U.S. offers help to South East Asia, most to Vietnam, to patrol seas| Reuters

nice, but is it a donation? I guess the fast patrol boats look something like this:

SHIP_Super_Dvora_III_Planing_lg.jpg

yeah, They chose the Right partner in containing poorly trained and useless China army :dance3:
Read carefully ... waiting to see what's changed after continued progress on human rights and freedoms in Vietnam.:devil::azn:
HUMAN RIGHTS CONCERNS

While announcing closer cooperation between the United States and Vietnam on a range of issues from the economy to education, climate change and trade, Kerry said he had raised U.S. concerns with Minh over Vietnam's human rights record.

"This is something we talked about openly and frankly ... Vietnam needs to show continued progress on human rights and freedoms, including the freedom of religion, the freedom of expression and freedom of association," he said.

A group of 47 lawmakers in the U.S. House of Representatives wrote to Kerry before his visit to Vietnam urging him to tie trade talks to progress on human rights.

Read carefully ... waiting to see what's changed after continued progress on human rights and freedoms in Vietnam.:devil::azn:
U know, In Vietnam , the 1946 Constitution of the Democratic Republic of Vietnam recognised human rights and civil rights, and our great president Ho Chi Minh handled VN well until those French colonialists invaded VN again.

So, "human rights "wont be the big problem to VNese if all VNese have the Right to vote for another smart leader like Ho Chi Minh:pop:

cnleio, human rights come later when the US offers destroyers and submarines :-)
I want F-18 Super Hornet and its engine :D:D

U know, In Vietnam , the 1946 Constitution of the Democratic Republic of Vietnam recognised human rights and civil rights, and our great president Ho Chi Minh handled VN well until those French colonialists invaded VN again.

So, "human rights "wont be the big problem to VNese if all VNese have the Right to vote for another smart leader like Ho Chi Minh:pop:

I want F-18 Super Hornet and its engine :D:D
I say the American style of human right is a poison for the developing country. Anyway VNese can try it,and let Chinese watch what going on about VNese freedom before China TV shows.

cnleio, human rights come later when the US offers destroyers and submarines :-)
Yep, retired Grandpa-class DDG and Subs. BTW don't forget to pay for millions of $$ maintenance cost to American.

I say the American style of human right is a poison for the developing country. Anyway VNese can try it,and let Chinese watch what going on about VNese freedom before China TV shows.

We tried it in 1946, and it works well :pop:

I say the American style of human right is a poison for the developing country. Anyway VNese can try it,and let Chinese watch what going on about VNese freedom before China TV shows..
I know the US uses "human rights" stick on thrash on Vietnam so long. Let see what happens in the future. It is not necessarily bad if Vietnam improves it image on this field abroad.
Yep, retired Grandpa-class DDG and Subs. BTW don't forget to pay for millions of $$ maintenance cost to American.
my favorite is AEGIS destroyers. You should keep bullying Vietnam. :no:

my favorite is AEGIS destroyers. You should keep bullying Vietnam. :no:
Now American has 62x "Arleigh Burke" class DDG, 1989 1st N.o51 AEGIS DDG cost 1.45 billion $, "Burke II" class DDG cost 0.86 billion $, "Burke IIA" class DDG cost 0.95 billion $, Future "Burke III" class might cost 1billion $.

We all know U.S is super-powerufl & developed country, but the truth is American not rich enough to donate AEGIS DDG free to any foreign country. Even ur Old-Brother Russian never sent any free DDG or FFG to Vietnam before. What i know, some U.S Navy's “Ticonderoga” class cruiser (>1billion $) had retired but never donate and for a small country can't afford its cost.

American sub ... today U.S Navy only own Nuclear subs, not normal attack sub or API sub.

American FFG ... today U.S Navy only own DDG/Cruiser/Aircraft Carrier.

The only DDG u can get from American, it's the retired Spruance-class and Kidd-class DDG. But these retired Grandpa-class DDG r NOT FREE !

Burke IIA / 052C / 052D class DDG
142640na599frwx595crkx.jpg.thumb.jpg

142632xcizxero8di66l9h.jpg.thumb.jpg

142752axz773iph73kpx3n.jpg.thumb.jpg

Last edited:
Now American has 62x "Arleigh Burke" class DDG, 1989 1st N.o51 AEGIS DDG cost 1.45 billion $, "Burke II" class DDG cost 0.86 billion $, "Burke IIA" class DDG cost 0.95 billion $, Future "Burke III" class might cost 1billion $.

We all know U.S is super-powerufl & developed country, but the truth is American not rich enough to donate AEGIS DDG free to any foreign country. Even ur Old-Brother Russian never sent any free DDG or FFG to Vietnam before. What i know, some U.S Navy's “Ticonderoga” class cruiser (>1billion $) had retired but never donate and for a small country can't afford its cost.

American sub ... today U.S Navy only own Nuclear subs, not normal attack sub or API sub.

American FFG ... today U.S Navy only own DDG/Cruiser/Aircraft Carrier.

The only DDG u can get from American, it's the retired Spruance-class and Kidd-class DDG. But these retired Grandpa-class DDG r NOT FREE !

Burke IIA / 052C / 052D class DDG
ha ha ha...you should know that is the first time, since the end of US-VN war, that the US provides military aid to Vietnam. That is a huge step. So $18 million is just a beginning, I hope. Yeah...US destroyers costs at least $1bn a piece, but Chinese ones do not cost less. Correct?

So what next? Vietnam needs to convince the US further of the important role we play in the region, for peace, stablity and for balance of power in SE Asia. Once America sees Vietnam as strategically important as Israel in Middle East, they will provide billions of military aid to Vietnam. :-)

There is rumor that Barack Obama wants to visit Vietnam next year. So we will see.

123 agreement concluded, that means even nuclear technology ownership and enrichment of uranium right passed to Vietnam with US, Russia approval.

US said that we trust in Vietnam, so nuclear technology could give to them

So AEGIS destroyer is not too difficult to achieve ...

US would declare the loans give to Vietnam for lethal weapons purchase.

It's realistic that they declared to support for Vietnam to buy patrol vessels, so no necessory to buy from US, but Korea, Japan ... which is cheaper

ha ha ha...you should know that is the first time, since the end of US-VN war, that the US provides military aid to Vietnam. That is a huge step. So $18 million is just a beginning, I hope. Yeah...US destroyers costs at least $1bn a piece, but Chinese ones do not cost less. Correct?

So what next? Vietnam needs to convince the US further of the important role we play in the region, for peace, stablity and for balance of power in SE Asia. Once America sees Vietnam as strategically important as Israel in Middle East, they will provide billions of military aid to Vietnam. :-)

There is rumor that Barack Obama wants to visit Vietnam next year. So we will see.
All American gifts are NOT FREE, including Japan / S.Korea / Philippines / TaiWan / India all need to pay high cost for their retired toys or 2x-3x price to buy new advanced weapons.

How many Burke-class DDGs u dream American can donate to Vietnam ? Ur guys will make American bankrupt, like Soviet last time.:p:

Vietnam in Asia like Israel in Arab world, another billions of military aid also will make American bankrupt.

HAHA ... Pit-father teammate / 坑爹队友 :rofl:. Good luck VNese! Let the American bankrupt, China will award ur ppl a ton of golden medals. :-)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom