What's new

U.S. to Offer Smart-Bomb Kits, Drones to Pakistan

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Just heard on ARY, that by June of this year, America to hand 18 more F-16 to Pakistan and 1000 LGBs to fight the war on terror.

This is the second batch of F 16 right? So that means 18+18=36?

Congratulations..............

Nope. The order still stands at 18 new F16 Blk 52's. This is a repetition of the news posted a few weeks ago. News about the LGB's however is new.

when its more means 18 more...
curious what about FC-20s

Nope. The order still stands at 18 new F16 Blk 52's. This is a repetition of the news posted a few weeks ago. News about the LGB's however is new.

The news has no relation to the Block-52s,
The supply concerns the embargoed aircraft, which are being transfered to PAF after refurbishment.

US to share laser-guiding bomb kits with Pakistan

WASHINGTON: The US will deliver this month to Pakistan 1,000 sophisticated laser-guided bomb kits that would enable the government there to strike insurgent targets with more precision.

The arms sale suggests that US officials are trying to deepen America's relationship with Pakistan and increase military cooperation. The US has been trying to encourage Pakistan to take a tougher stand against Taliban forces operating within its borders.

Lt. Col. Jeffry Glenn, an Air Force spokesman, said Tuesday the US had delivered 1,000 MK-82 bombs to Pakistan last month. This month's shipment of kits would enable Pakistan to use sophisticated laser technology to guide the bombs to specific targets.

Glenn said the US also plans to provide Pakistan 18 new F-16 fighter jets by June.

http://thenews.com.pk/updates.asp?id=99864

The news has no relation to the Block-52s,
The supply concerns the embargoed aircraft, which are being transfered to PAF after refurbishment.
i dont belive you i think that he just boost it up by saying 18 new f 16 they are same blk 52
if u have any credible source then a great news:pakistan::usflag:

WASHINGTON: The US will deliver this month to Pakistan 1,000 sophisticated laser-guided bomb kits that would enable the government there to strike insurgent targets with more precision.

The arms sale suggests that US officials are trying to deepen America's relationship with Pakistan and increase military cooperation. The US has been trying to encourage Pakistan to take a tougher stand against Taliban forces operating within its borders.

Lt. Col. Jeffry Glenn, an Air Force spokesman, said Tuesday the US had delivered 1,000 MK-82 bombs to Pakistan last month. This month's shipment of kits would enable Pakistan to use sophisticated laser technology to guide the bombs to specific targets.

Glenn said the US also plans to provide Pakistan 18 new F-16 fighter jets by June.

source :US to share laser-guiding bomb kits with Pakistan

I think the 18 F-16s are not all block52+ but may include MLU M3 upgrades, ex-USN PAF block 15, and Block52+.

yeah, I also heard it on ARY, but for me its nt a very credible source.

the LGB kits sound ok - - -
somebody please clarify though - -i read somewhere that the air-weapons complex was already making KGB conversion kits for the Mk series bombs - - so how come we need more from the US (could these be the latest Paveway kits - with combined GPS/Laser/INS guidance?)

I think the 18 F-16s are not all block52+ but may include MLU M3 upgrades, ex-USN PAF block 15, and Block52+.

Currently, as far as i know only two Block-52s, (1.D & 1C) are undergoing tests, my assumption is the supply covers the embargoed aircraft. Some 14 others of which have already been delivered.

Just like our webby predicited about talks reguarding F-16s embargoed in 1990s.May be returned to Pakistan.
Indeed an awesome news

Back
Top Bottom