What's new

U.S. to work with Sri Lanka on UN resolution

People didn't made the right choice. That what me and the fellow poster were saying for the past 8-9 months. In the end we just swept one demon for a far worse one. More so we lost the people that were safeguarding national security from 2005. That irritate me more than others.

Disagree on that part.. People did make the right choice.. Dont blame the voter.. They wanted change for the better.. Politicians backstabbed them for their survival

They did'nt sweep off the demon for a far worse one, What happened is all the bastards that hung on to the demon just dumped him like a piece of shit and got on to the bandwagon to save their skin.. I really feel sorry for MR sometimes.. He was a great leader till megalomania took over him.. Blinded with power.. It was his own doing to pave way for his own downfall

All these leeches around him now that have jumped over and other leeches like Weerawansa whose political survival depended on him.. In the end the only person who got the rough end of the deal was MR.. Sadly i still dont think think he sees through that given his built up ego

If MR did win with the same set of criminals the country would have been in a far worse situation.. Atleast now with the constitutional councils there will be a chance for the ordinary citizen of the country to have a voice not live under tyranny

People didn't made the right choice. That what me and the fellow poster were saying for the past 8-9 months. In the end we just swept one demon for a far worse one. More so we lost the people that were safeguarding national security from 2005. That irritate me more than others.

UNDER Mahinda Rajapaksa:

- There was corruption and useless politicians, but Sri Lanka was politically stable, independent and development was taking place at a never before seen pace. The economy and tourism industry was booming. Sri Lanka was not a puppet of India or the west.

TODAY UNDER Ranil Wickremesinghe:

- There is corruption and useless politicians, but Sri Lanka is not politically stable, there is ZERO development going on and the economy is on a downward slope. Sri Lanka has bent right over for India and the west. It's been > 7 months now and NO DEVELOPMENT.

Let the yahapalanaya idiots stew in their own mess.

Last edited:
Disagree on that part.. People did make the right choice.. Dont blame the voter.. They wanted change for the better.. Politicians backstabbed them for their survival

The craving for the change is the what I call "wrong" is. We were gently gliding towards prosperity even under the issues that made MR fell. We should've continue that pace for another 5-10 years. But people were impatient. Our people need quick bucks with breaking a sweat.

They did'nt sweep off the demon for a far worse one, What happened is all the bastards that hung on to the demon just dumped him like a piece of shit and got on to the bandwagon to save their skin.. I really feel sorry for MR sometimes.. He was a great leader till megalomania took over him.. Blinded with power.. It was his own doing to pave way for his own downfall

People ought to know that power is what make politicians drooling over not policies of character. That was why I was against changing the only leader we had after the Independence that did something useful for the country.

Hence I was ready accept even the pothead who are calling themselves politicians if they were working under MR. The one who had a vision to develop the country. His downfall came because he was too good to people.

All these leeches around him now that have jumped over and other leeches like Weerawansa whose political survival depended on him.. In the end the only person who got the rough end of the deal was MR.. Sadly i still dont think think he sees through that given his built up ego

Weerawansa is no leech. It was Weerawansa that formed the modern JVP. He was the driving force behind the beaten old cadre. Moreover he was the one that brought MR to power in 2005. It was him that stayed stood fast behind the war effort before, during and after of it. He's a politicians among few others I respect most.

If MR did win with the same set of criminals the country would have been in a far worse situation.. Atleast now with the constitutional councils there will be a chance for the ordinary citizen of the country to have a voice not live under tyranny

There were constitutional councils in early 2000s. No big change happened that time. Therefore I don't expect much from this government. Besides they won't run it for much longer given their precarious and hilarious situation now.

The craving for the change is the what I call "wrong" is. We were gently gliding towards prosperity even under the issues that made MR fell. We should've continue that pace for another 5-10 years. But people were impatient. Our people need quick bucks with breaking a sweat.

People ought to know that power is what make politicians drooling over not policies of character. That was why I was against changing the only leader we had after the Independence that did something useful for the country.

Hence I was ready accept even the pothead who are calling themselves politicians if they were working under MR. The one who had a vision to develop the country. His downfall came because he was too good to people.

Weerawansa is no leech. It was Weerawansa that formed the modern JVP. He was the driving force behind the beaten old cadre. Moreover he was the one that brought MR to power in 2005. It was him that stayed stood fast behind the war effort before, during and after of it. He's a politicians among few others I respect most.

There were constitutional councils in early 2000s. No big change happened that time. Therefore I don't expect much from this government. Besides they won't run it for much longer given their precarious and hilarious situation now.

Only the stupid and foolish couldn't have seen what was to come. Sadly, it's clear many Sri Lankans are stupid and foolish. MR should have continued for another 5-10 years I completely agree. After that time, people should have made a proper decision. Sri Lankans have basically just f**ked themselves in the a$$ big time. All what the country can look forward to is a stagnating economy and political leeches eating up the country and strings being pulled by India and the west (back to square one).

Ranil and Chandrika have already had their turn running the country and as far as development and improving the economy are concerned they cannot light a candle to MR. Heck, they couldn't even finish off the war and bring peace to the island.

You can't really point that out to a person that worships MR blindly and unable to accept his wrong doings.

Ranil should take full responsibility for MR's bootlickers getting ministries
But at least Ranil made sure most of MR's thugs are under UNP ministers so they are under control.

Its a bigger evil was replaced by a lesser evil. I think the positive change will come slower than we expected but it will eventually come even Ranil's time is ending

Last edited:
You can't really point that out to a person that worships MR blindly and unable to accept his wrong doings.

Ranil should take full responsibility for MR's bootlickers getting ministries
But at least Ranil made sure most of MR's thugs are under UNP ministers so they are under control.

Its a bigger evil was replaced by a lesser evil. I think the positive change will come slower than we expected but it will eventually come even Ranil's time is ending

True he made clear his view point on politicians he venerates .. Discussing anything in sense is just futile.. Because at the end of it it will always be the individual politician not the country

The same thing happens everywhere. @Gibbs can probably tell you about how Tony Abbott was elected in Australia, pretty much exactly the same thing. It wasn't a vote FOR someone. It was a vote AGAINST someone else.

The same thing happens everywhere. @Gibbs can probably tell you about how Tony Abbott was elected in Australia, pretty much exactly the same thing. It wasn't a vote FOR someone. It was a vote AGAINST someone else.

Well in Australia we don't elect the PM.. He is chosen by the governing party. So in most cases he/she is the person that is the leader of that party or coalition, but always not so.. Because he is not elected by the people to the position.. So that analogy is not comparable.. but i do get what you're trying to imply

So that is why you see all these internal power struggles that goes through in Australian governments and frequent change of PM's

Well in Australia we don't elect the PM.. He is chosen by the governing party. So in most cases he/she is the person that is the leader of that party or coalition, but always not so.. Because he is not elected by the people to the position.. So that analogy is not comparable.. but i do get what you're trying to imply

So that is why you see all these internal power struggles that goes through in Australian governments and frequent change of PM's
Australia most definitely voted against Gillard for Abbott the last election. It is not how the system works, but it is how people work, psychologically.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom