What's new

UAE Eyes France's Rafale Fighter

Gready....?

I think this is genuine question.

Where as Indias buying power is certainly more than Pakistans, the problem India will face is pakistani opposition to this sale at least directly from UAE. UAE might take the view that a sale to India would seriously geoperdise pakistani defence, whereas vise versa would probably not make that disasterous an effect(keep in view MRCA 126 planes). France has already withdrawn Mirage from the tender and instead proposed Rafale. I dont think even India would want to extend itself too much by taking on these fighters as well.
I personally think there may be an option to buy M2K9 from UAE if the f16 deal goes sour. There are a lot of uncertainties in the near future that must be looked at and nothing can be discounted.
Araz

UAE might take the view that a sale to India would seriously geoperdise pakistani defence, whereas vise versa would probably not make that disasterous an effect(keep in view MRCA 126 planes). France has already withdrawn Mirage from the tender and instead proposed Rafale. I dont think even India would want to extend itself too much by taking on these fighters as well.
^I failed to understand your message.

Since the collapse of US indian nuclear proliferation deal, France emerged as next favorite since it can transfer, nuclear technology, aircraft manufacturing technology, engine manufacturing technology and I think France also agreed to turn LCA dream to reality.
No other single country can offer what France is offering to indians. For this very reason grippen lost.
I think if their exists any thing named as indian MRCA than Rafale is a sure winner, but at the same time indian can use France as a bait for US to cough more.. sophisticated technology.

Last edited:
Any possibilities of getting hands on a squadron or 2 of UAE Air Force M2000-9/2000?

^I failed to understand your message.

Since the collapse of US indian nuclear proliferation deal, France emerged as next favorite since it can transfer, nuclear technology, aircraft manufacturing technology, engine manufacturing technology and I think France also agreed to turn LCA dream to reality.
No other single country can offer what France is offering to indians. For this very reason grippen lost.
I think if their exists any thing named as indian MRCA than Rafale is a sure winner, but at the same time indian can use France as a bait for US to cough more.. sophisticated technology.

If India goes on and buys rafale, it would invest 10 Billion dollars into the deal. Would it then have more to spend on M2k9sfrom UAE. I think if the deal is between UAE and PAF then India may not(EMPHASIS ON MAY) be a party to interfere in the contract. However, if India goes for Migs and has funds eft over , then the decision will lie with either the french or UAE. France would sell to both countries, whereas UAE MAY preferentially sell to PAF.
I hope it is clearer this time round.
Araz

I dont think France would sell to Pakistan before Indian MRCA deal is finalized. Rafale is still a contender right? and Pakistan might have to buy more than 126 Rafale to make the French sell those absolutely stunning jets to PAF, if they want it now. Indians should go for either Mig-35 with Israeli radar or Rafale.
And for UAE, it's the right decision. I think they are even letting the French build base in Abu Dhabi.

Last edited:
Gromell sir..Pakistan if ever wants to buy it it won't buy 126 of them for French to accept proposal, UAE is definitely is a future buyer of Rafale perhaps at the most 60-70 what makes you think Pakistan will go double the number?? After MRCA deal if FA/18 is picked..French would be more willing to sell 36 of them to Pakistan along with UAE that totals appx 100 of them would french lose if its out of contendership for MRCA and offer after wards and for sake of understanding if ever PAK and UAE confirms the purchase? NO France won't lose. And we know Pakistan has nothing at this moment to spend on expensive Rafale. And i am sure France has no problem with UAE selling M2000s to Pakistan either.

If India goes on and buys rafale, it would invest 10 Billion dollars into the deal. Would it then have more to spend on M2k9sfrom UAE.

Money is not an issue and I was saying this as a add on to MRCA deal.

I think if the deal is between UAE and PAF then India may not(EMPHASIS ON MAY) be a party to interfere in the contract. However, if India goes for Migs and has funds eft over , then the decision will lie with either the french or UAE.

Doesn't France has the say where the jets go?

"-" point for Rafale in MRCA deal with India.

Pakistan can easily get their hands on rafale, if UAE got it.

Where is 90, and where is 126.

I think France is not that stupid.

:) 90 not 9 so yeah French would have a great deal out of it for Pakistan and U.A.E so you are so right France is not stupid selling 126 in numbers to two nations can't be ruled out in few years time along with other offers with Rafale:)

Well as usual , just because indian authority are too friggin lazy to decide what they want, for MRCA. doesnt mean others will keep waiting for them. france need to sell this and if Our officals are too frrigggin idiots to decide it on time. They should sell them to pakistan or uae or anybody.
Now if uae goes for these fighters means - rafele which had upper hand because - it will be the aircraft which will take least time to get delivered to india. will get delayed too. At such times i realise lets not give a raat's arse tp our country because people and officlas are just too bloody lazy.
Any ways its a great fighter for what you pay for you get more than what others offering. But by the time india will get it , it will be obsolete.:tdown:

Gromell sir..Pakistan if ever wants to buy it it won't buy 126 of them for French to accept proposal, UAE is definitely is a future buyer of Rafale perhaps at the most 60-70 what makes you think Pakistan will go double the number?? After MRCA deal if FA/18 is picked..French would be more willing to sell 36 of them to Pakistan along with UAE that totals appx 100 of them would french lose if its out of contendership for MRCA and offer after wards and for sake of understanding if ever PAK and UAE confirms the purchase? NO France won't lose. And we know Pakistan has nothing at this moment to spend on expensive Rafale. And i am sure France has no problem with UAE selling M2000s to Pakistan either.

I think Dassault is planning on full tech transfer if Rafale wins Indian MRCA. In that case I do not think India would want France to give Rafales to Pakistan, in near future at least. That may not stop France from selling them to UAE but there might be deals like the one between Russia and China over J-11 (modified Su-27). So probably UAE will not be able to sell rafales to Pakistan but Pakistanis might get access to them in UAE. Both your and my views are complete logical assumptions though.

But yes if India chooses something else then France wont mind selling rafales to Pakistan any time in the day. But F-18 super hornet kind of exceeds the weight category and also other adverse issues factor in. I think if it's not one of the delta wing light weight jets, India would go for Mig-35, not super hornet.
Should Pakistan buy M2000 from UAE? why?! well chinese or pakistani engineers can go to UAE and see them if they want some facts abt Indian M2000. if they can get J-10 or rafales, then why M2000....? unless it's a financial issue.

Money is not an issue and I was saying this as a add on to MRCA deal.
Doesn't France has the say where the jets go?

My friend in these times, money is a major issue for everyone including India, whetehr you careto admit it or not. Whereas it might not be an issue to you, try looking at it from a politicians point of view, who having just spent 10 Billion on planes goes out on another buying spree. I dont see it happenning!!

M2k9 remains an intellectual property of france even if it has been bought by UAE. In order to resell it , the UAE Government needs F5rance to give it a nod before it can sell them on.
One of the posters here has raised the possibility of france not selling to PAF till the MRCA contract is finalized. Whereas that may be true for the rafale, M2 K9 are not in competition and france is desperate for some sale even of its second hand planes. there is a recent news about France having cut down the order of rafale3rd tranche by 15%. It is an eye opener for the nonbeliever.
Regards
Araz

Back
Top Bottom