What's new

UAE throws weight behind Musharraf

Provided he gets into office..
not by electorate..if not tampered with...
His actions(or inaction) has created a very strong lobby against him amongst the more sentimental section of the populous.
there is no more love for him in the Army..and there real chances that the enlisted ranks may create a huge issue if he is supported.
The privileged class and businessmen will support him..since his tenure bought them profit.
But a massive support.. is unlikely..and if he is forcibly planted..there is a chance of upsurge in instability.

That is why I said that his success depended upon his ability to woo 'established political figures' to his side.

Remember that Zardari would never have been directly elected to much of anything either, nor is there much of a chance of that happening in the future, unless he really turns things around from a governance and/or economic POV before the next elections.

I do not know much about him..

But will support him coz he tried very hardly to solve the kashmir issue sincerely and practicaly.

If he is able to do that, I feel Pakistani's should forget all his sins, like I do (Kargil)

South Asia want peace and he can do that, nobody else from across the border

Rgds,

I never used the Term "powers" rather i used a very delicate yet provoking term "Skills" - if you can tell the difference ;)

Again, since he does not have the power of the Army behind him, whatever 'dictatorial skills' he has are no different than those displayed by our current political 'leadership'.

Now if he can use those 'dictatorial skills' to ram through some reforms and development projects, instead of using them to hide corruption cases or declare himself 'Amir-ul-Momineen', then all power to him.

Undemocratic court cases cannot be legally withheld. UAE is like a heaven for the politicians doubt they'll listen but not you can see they're sell outs (that is if they follow through).

Last edited:
maybe it is time someone told the arabis about democracy. UAE, why don't you try elections first before telling us what we should do with our lovely politicians...

They have their own system of governance they laugh at your sham democracy and your lowly politicians, who are busy buying flats in Dubai.

Never mind you continue to practice democracy.... where Brazilian sugar is routed through Dubai.
Hotel bills are paid from defense budget.
Where flood tax is imposed in punishment for not giving aid to Zardari account.
While, Indian soaps and movies are being imported tax free!

They have their own system of governance they laugh at your sham democracy and your lowly politicians, who are busy buying flats in Dubai.

Never mind you continue to practice democracy.... where Brazilian sugar is routed through Dubai.
Hotel bills are paid from defense budget.
Where flood tax is imposed in punishment for not giving aid to Zardari account.
While, Indian soaps and movies are being imported tax free!

The Gulf States are prosperous because they have massive reserves of oil and small populations, and their oil exports bring in massive amounts of revenue.

In terms of 'corruption' I don't think either Indian or Pakistani politicians come close to the lavish palaces (multiples, typically for every member of the 'Royal family', in multiple nations), luxury yachts and private jets that most of these 'Arab Royal's' have accumulated with 'STATE MONEY'.

They live these lavish lives off of the resources and revenues that belong to all their citizens. They are no less corrupt in that sense than Pakistani politicians - the only difference is that the oil revenues generate enough revenue for them to siphon off billions and live like Kings, while also being able to provide services and benefits to most of the tiny populations of their nations and therefore keeping them happy.

Agno... all i can say 'lucky them'

while UAE is not all about oil.

It acts as middleman of trade to Pakistani.

All politicians have their companies in Dubai and cannot afford the annoyance of Sheiks or they will be packed with their illegal business.

batman, UAE needs pakistan more than pakistan needs the UAE. if they are the middleman for trade, it is because they skim off a handsome chunk in fees. stop selling your country short for some two bit businessman prince al zayed. does Pakistan have any say in the leadership or public policy of Dubai? how many pakistanis live in Dubai?

The Gulf States are prosperous because they have massive reserves of oil and small populations, and their oil exports bring in massive amounts of revenue.

In terms of 'corruption' I don't think either Indian or Pakistani politicians come close to the lavish palaces (multiples, typically for every member of the 'Royal family', in multiple nations), luxury yachts and private jets that most of these 'Arab Royal's' have accumulated with 'STATE MONEY'.

They live these lavish lives off of the resources and revenues that belong to all their citizens. They are no less corrupt in that sense than Pakistani politicians - the only difference is that the oil revenues generate enough revenue for them to siphon off billions and live like Kings, while also being able to provide services and benefits to most of the tiny populations of their nations and therefore keeping them happy.

AM finally they don't have democracy so money which country generates that belongs to ruler..so theoretically that is not corruption but yeah from your point of view .. yes they are no match to our politicians
Still they are very aggressive in building one of the best infrastructure and giving basic facilities to public.
Advantage is less population... because of oil their political influence is more , they don't need to worry about FDI or FII , It will come automatically as investment for oil drilling.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
to BATMAN ..very true most of corruption money go to Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Sharjah . In property, in shopping .. in night club.
UAE is nearest and safest place for our politicians to park their money and make it white by diverting it into some bogus companies.
Sheiks wants more money from our counties in their property market and in shopping malls ..how Dubai property market is so buzzing .. even one can create same buildings and shopping malls in Karachi or in Mumbai ..we have enough place and man power and expertise. They use Pakistani and Indian talents only.

Last edited:
I just hope Musharraf comes back to save Pakistan like he did in 1999.

I hope to see the day when Pakistan can throw its weight behind some candidate running in another nation.

Seriously, if we were self reliant, if we did not need economic aid, we would be free of such interference. That is why we must pursue economic development above all else.

Our foreign policy is flawed, we must be independent of foreign dictate and we should do what is best for our nation, not to please some two bit Arab or some dumb Yank.

No chance even if Pakistan Army would support - Musharaf is one "Cahala hua kartoos". He has lived his golden era whatever way he did. Politically, he doesn't have eligibility to govern as he has only learned to Command. Those who understand the difference wouldn't vote for him.

Could some one explain Why?

What is the big bonus for the UAE in having Musharraf back?

Back
Top Bottom