What's new

UK: Pakistani parents found guilty of murdering their 17-year-old daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.
why so much emphasize on pakistani....two confused parents killed their daughter....if tomorrow they win a gold medal they'll be british......

why so much emphasize on pakistani....two confused parents killed their daughter....if tomorrow they win a gold medal they'll be british......
The debate is beyond boundaries. The question here is: Why do such disgusting things happen more within South Asian families?

Its Indian media that reported pakistani, british media is afraid to give any such label, but usually people make the same conclusion.(this is not the first honour killing here...)
It happens in India too(if that is of any consolation to you)

Honour killing is not a problem in white, black , chinese etc communities.

The debate is beyond boundaries. The question here is: Why do such disgusting things happen more within South Asian families?
There are way more disgusting things that happen in west. There are cannibalistic serial killers in US and child molestation and rape is a common thing if you look at their stats.

BTW this local news is not worth discussing. The culprits should be punished but discussing a single incident is wortless.

There are way more disgusting things that happen in west. There are cannibalistic serial killers in US and child molestation and rape is a common thing if you look at their stats.

BTW this local news is not worth discussing. The culprits should be punished but discussing a single incident is wortless.
Child molestation is NOT a common thing in the west, nor is rape. They are faithfully reported which is why stats is high.

Krait yara, it happens a lot in the UK within South Asian neighborhoods. Ok, I agree that most of the times, certain lines are not crossed, nonetheless the emotional scars are apparent on their children.

It's best that we discuss such things at length, and let the ones who are being suppressed know that it's not normal, it shouldn't happen!

Regarding murder / rape, these are mostly crimes of passion, it's a function of population size. Why they're so prominent in West? The simple reason is that they have a relatively honest system of reporting. For example, imagine a woman got raped in India or Pakistan, and she goes to the Police station, think what the police does first?

okay got it...but still west is no better than us in these heinous crimes. Problem is South Asians are projected as evil while west doesn't admits their own. This is hard to digest. Look at their gun culture and regular shooting. India and Pakistan, these are carried out by terrorists, where as same thing is carried out by citizens. I agree we have more homicide cases, but not in comparison with them. They have world's largest prison population. Every now and then, most bizzare and disgusting cases originates from west, not South Asia.

Nobody kills their sons for scre*ing about, infact I've heard extremely conservative burqa clad wife sporting men brag about their exploits.

BTW happens in India too.

ya

In London a Sikh guy decapitated the hands of his ex and then hacked her to death for bringing dishonour to the family.
most of such honour stuff is based on local traditions and customs.

I must point out that not all our codes and customs are bad as some selective commentators will have us believe but the ones like taking the life of others for the sake of family and honour are the most shocking ones and get far more attention than the ones about sacrifice, forgiveness and charity well they dont make "good sell" stories.

coming to this story
I have some misgivings about the sibling who spoke up against her parents after so many years and that too when she was caught thieving. I find her intentions and motives hardly noble and anything to do with seeking justice for her sister but to save her own hide.

but I trust the British justice system and I have no sympathy for the parents in this regard. there was the issue of the forced marriage and the victim actually drinking something to kill herself in Pakistan and her parents actually rushed her back to UK to get her treatment in UK because she wasnt getting any better. I couldnt help but think if her parents wanted they could have let her die in Pakistan and this could have been a simple case of suicide.

anyhow, the jury found them guilty of this grizzly murder and I hope they rot in jail for rest of their miserable years and serve hopefully that verdict serves as a warning for all worthless people to think again before taking lives of their family members for their own failings and labelling it as family honour issue

Its Indian media that reported pakistani, british media is afraid to give any such label, but usually people make the same conclusion.(this is not the first honour killing here...)
It happens in India too(if that is of any consolation to you)

Honour killing is not a problem in white, black , chinese etc communities.

I know they call it jealousy..

ex partner, boyfriend or husband killing their partners and even children

there are repeated news if you look up on google where White mothers have repeatedly strangulated or knifed their children and where white parents killed their children and tried to hide their injured bodies and caught dumping them etc,

the reasons or the names for excuses will be different but the level of violence and savagery maybe the same
welcome to human nature

good riddance...they can now rot in jail for the rest of their days..

totally agree on that one. we all find it sad and revolting. the practice of honour killing in the name of Asian traditions is a farce and a curse and gives western people a chance to use it as a proof that we are not civilized and socially evolved like them.

may the dead girl rest in peace. sadly she wasnt the first one and wont be the last one. there will be many more Jasmines, Aishas, Amrat kors and Parvatis who might fall victim to such barbarity

praying for the dead and closing the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom