What's new

Ukraine Deliveries 2 Il-78 Midas air-to-air refueling aircraft to PAF!!!

Ahassan

Reaction score
Ukraine Deliveries 2 Il-78 Midas air-to-air refueling aircraft to PAF!!!:yahoo:

Good News to all PAF lovers Ukraine has finally delivered 2 Il-78 aircraft to pakistan soon ill be uploading pictures of these aircraft thses aircrafts landed in pakistan at 10:30AM (2/12/2008) today....!!!

Actually i didnt have camera at that time so i couldn't take the pictures if any of you like to see these aircrafts please go to Jinnah international Airport and go to the public lounge(it is situated on the top of Airport any one can go there)the livery of the aircrafs are fantastic same as new PAF c-130's(gray ones)'s....plz go and watch!!!:pakistan:

and the aircraft is going to depart for chaklala day after tommarow so plz go and watch!!!

i think these r the first aie-air refueling planes o PAF???

yes you right its first.but grat news for all of us i think mirages ready for refule tests and exercises .god bless PAF

Last edited:
The only bad thing is that these aircrafts will only help jf-17's,upgraded mirages and fc-20's in refuelling the f-16 will have to wait for other aircraft that is KC-135 which Amaricans are hesitating to sell other optins include (The Airbus A330 Multi Role Tanker Transport MRTT) or the (Airbus A310 MRTT)...!!!

Actually amaricans are not selling kc-135 to pakistan because of IAF MRCA project if in any case IAF agrees to buy F-16 or EF-18 these Tankers will provide them with ATA Refuelling that is why they are not selling to paf!!!

This is great news. Any idea on when these will join operational service and with which squadron? :pakistan:

This is great news. Any idea on when these will join operational service and with which squadron? :pakistan:

They will be operational but the key thing is the aircraft that will use them. Currently only the Mirages will be carrying out training missions with IFR.

I will soon see these Monster Size mega structures in my home town Chaklala, I have lived my whole life in Chaklala watching the C-130's everyday i went to PAF inter college Chaklala but soon i will be going to Pakistan and i will for sure Love to see these New Big boys.

Its a great News for PAF and Pakistan as the clouds of Possible WAR with India are becoming darker and darker as the time passes PAF must push itself for maximum preparedness for any possible misadventure by any rival state.

They will add a great deal to PAF arsenal and they will also Increase the range of PAF strike capability by 1000 of miles.

Last edited:
Which Aircrafts are compatible with these Ilyushin Il-78 and when will PAF make history by doing air to air refueling for the first time in Pakistani skies ? any idea about that.

Can F-16 be refueled by Ilyushin Il-78 ?

Great news mashallah ! all we need now is is the kc-135's cant wait to see the pic'sf these babies!!

refuel system for f-16
68c340ee4cce18be6f46874bd4e8c55b.jpg

refuel system for others like jf-17 f-18 j-10 mirage

as you can see its totaly difrent system reqire for refuel f-16

F-16 uses the boom type refuelling system, while IL-76 offers Hoose and drouge type refuelling

Last edited:
I want u to ask you people one thing that if IAF decided to buy f-16 or f-18 than what will pakistan do because that is the one power pakistan have against india that US provide us F-16?

Back
Top Bottom