What's new

Ukraine Deliveries 2 Il-78 Midas air-to-air refueling aircraft to PAF!!!

I want u to ask you people one thing that if IAF decided to buy f-16 or f-18 than what will pakistan do because that is the one power pakistan have against india that US provide us F-16?

first of all they not going on f-16.secend f-16 was our main power in past .now we soon have j-10 and j-11b inshallah.and in future far we see j-xx.and what they do now f-16 its 30 years old we induct in 1983 our long time experince with f-16 is plus point.

airbus... where are the pictures mate. You know this thread sucks without pictures!

This means PAF plans are now becoming reality. These planes might go to bases where Mirages are instead of coming to Chaklala unless offcourse top brass wishes to see them first hand.

Assalamu Alaikum.

About the KC-135... It seems unlikely the US is going to supply the KC-135 and also that Pakistan will try to purchase the KC-135 (please correct me if I am wrong on this). One of the things that may discourage procurement of the KC-135 is the fact that the airframe, despite structural, avionics, and engine upgrades, is still a 40-plus year old airframe. The maintence costs coupled with the additional training costs that a new aircraft requires (especially one with a fair-sized crew that is required to do a very specific job) may decrease the likelihood of the PAF procurring this aircraft. Throw in the current fiscal problems, and the chances drop even more. Now, as some have mentioned, other options, such as the Airbus A-330 or A-310 MRTT (even though the former may be too expensive and the latter might be too old) may be feasible at a later point in time when the financial constraints on Pakistan are not as great as they are now.

It is important to have an air-to-air refueling (AAR) capability, yet the PAF must be pragmatic in implementing it. Acquiring AAR capability and affectively using it requires a great deal of training, money, and time. If this capability can be developed to its full potential, then the strategic implications for Pakistan are exceedingly important: Pakistan gains the ability to almost indefinitely extend the combat radius and loiter on station time of its military aircraft. Hey, who knows, maybe even helicopter AAR may be possible one day, since most helicopters that engage in AAR use the hose and drogue form.

Just my thoughts on the KC-135 (potentially) and other stuff for the PAF.

Wasalam,

Falcone

IS there someway the F-16s could be modified at Kamra so that they too can use the IL-78 refuelers and therefore the need to induct a new platform just for the F-16s being eliminated?

if it happens than i think pakistan should cancell its deal with usa for f16 and go for Euro Fighter typhoon i know it is twin engine but we need a quality over indian quantity than it will make no effect on our militry balance with india i thinktimehas came for pakistan to move over to china and russia for arms if india went for american jets et than there will be hard feelings in russia for india and here we need to cashe in and get some russian militry equipment too

and how much IL 78 pakistan be getting from ukraine if we have a approach to russian militry equipment from ukraine why we not going for MI 35 Hinds Killing machine it is equally good as Apaches reply to my theory of getting atleast 35 to 40 MI hinds from ukraine

IS there someway the F-16s could be modified at Kamra so that they too can use the IL-78 refuelers and therefore the need to induct a new platform just for the F-16s being eliminated?

it can be done, but it will complicate things, and plus it will look ugly also, a pole sticking out from top of the plane.

well i am landing at jinnah tonite (3rd dec) so i will be on the look-out!

well i am landing at jinnah tonite (3rd dec) so i will be on the look-out!

plz do watch them but if u r landing at night then u wont be able to see them!!!

they r parked at extreme right side of airport from intl lounge and soon be departing to pindi!!!

airbus... where are the pictures mate. You know this thread sucks without pictures!

Sir Actually i was departing for dubai,that is why i couldnt take pictures so i was telling u all to go and see by yourself iam really sorry and my apologise to u!!!:undecided:

The only bad thing is that these aircrafts will only help jf-17's,upgraded mirages and fc-20's in refuelling the f-16 will have to wait for other aircraft that is KC-135 which Amaricans are hesitating to sell other optins include (The Airbus A330 Multi Role Tanker Transport MRTT) or the (Airbus A310 MRTT)...!!!

Actually amaricans are not selling kc-135 to pakistan because of IAF MRCA project if in any case IAF agrees to buy F-16 or EF-18 these Tankers will provide them with ATA Refuelling that is why they are not selling to paf!!!

Sir Actually i was departing for dubai,that is why i couldnt take pictures so i was telling u all to go and see by yourself iam really sorry and my apologise to u!!!:undecided:

air bus can i ask you some qes please

you see them at day or night?

are you see them in pakistani coloers ?

with pakistan flag?

and please are you shore they were II-78 from who mant meters distance you see?

please don't mind i just wana make shore abut them :agree:

I really dont understand wat is the big deal about selling them to PAK i mean they are only tanker aircraft ! anyhow the Airbus any news on that can we get them from elsewhere and does have anyone have pic's of these birds??

air bus can i ask you some qes please

you see them at day or night?

are you see them in pakistani coloers ?

with pakistan flag?

and please are you shore they were II-78 from who mant meters distance you see?

please don't mind i just wana make shore abut them :agree:

i saw them when they were about to land and when parked,yes thay had pakistani flag on them dont worry my frnd,actually i only know that PAF has bought 4 il-78 so when i saw them landing i thought they are the ones!!!:bounce:

Back
Top Bottom