What's new

Ukraine Deliveries 2 Il-78 Midas air-to-air refueling aircraft to PAF!!!

I really dont understand wat is the big deal about selling them to PAK i mean they are only tanker aircraft ! anyhow the Airbus any news on that can we get them from elsewhere and does have anyone have pic's of these birds??

no my friend u cant that is why iam asking u people to go and see by ur self!!!:argh::woot::woot:

they are being converted from IL-76 to Air Refueling Capability IL-78 Midas. The Frame is the same.all 4 we get used but good air frame.

TRISHUL: IL-78MKI-90 Detailed
I've enclosed above some relevant data on the IL-78MK-90 transport aircraft that can be employed for both strategic airlift as well as aerial refuelling. This same platform will be hosting the PHALCON AEW & C mission management suite, and can also be equipped with a roof-mounted aerial refuelling probe. The aircraft's final assembly is presently being undertaken by Uzbekistan's Tashkent Aircraft Production Organisation, but Russia has now almost completed setting up a parallel assembly line at Voronez, which is where the four IL-78MKP-90 aerial refuelling tankers for the Pakistan Air Force will be assembled, as will the 38 IL-76MFs on order by China's PLA Air Force--Prasun K. Sengupta

Prasun K Sengupta said...
The PAF IL-78MKPs will be new-build aircraft and will therefore come from Uzbekistan's TAPO, not Ukraine. The IAF's IL-78MKI-90s are not powered by the PS-90A turbofans, but the older D-30K engines. Only the three IAF PHALCONs will have the PS-90As.

Prasun K Sengupta said...
To Anon@1:16AM: Regarding the news item you've posted, it does not state anywhere if the aircraft is a new-build one or an existing one that is being modified and converted into an aerial refuelling tanker. But what is significant is the use of the term IL-78, because what is now available from Ukraine are only IL-76MD cargo transport aircraft. Furthermore, Ukraine only has MRO facilities for the IL-76, not modification or manufacturing facilities. Therefore, what Pakistan has done is order the IL-78 airframes and PS-90A engines from Uzbekistan's TAPO and these aircraft will then be flown to Ukraine, where they will be fitted with aerial refuelling pods and the internal fuel tanks that are now stocked up in Ukraine since the days of the USSR. The PAF is perfectly aware of the fact that in another two years Ukrainian companies and TAPO will not be able to supply or service new-build
IL-76s and IL-78s and A-50Es as Russia is going to commission a new assembly line for these aircraft types at Voronez, and claim all IPRs for the IL-76 family of aircraft. Presently, TAPO only builds the airframe and undertakes final assembly, with the engines and avionics and accessories all being sourced from Russia. Therefore, the PAF will have to depend on the Russians for through-life product support for its IL-78MKPs. And this is exactly what the present Russian Ambassador to India confirmed last August in an interveiw to FORCE magazine when he said that eventually India will have to learn to live with the prospect of a Pakistan being armed with some weapons of Russian origin. I guess he was also referring to the RD-93 turbofans for the JF-17s and AL-31FN turbofans for the FC-20 M-MRCAs that will be inducted by the PAF in future.

Saturday, November 22, 2008 9:19:00 AM

:pakistan:

They will be operational but the key thing is the aircraft that will use them. Currently only the Mirages will be carrying out training missions with IFR.

but i guss, something is far better thn nothing!:tup:

Il-78 Midas air-to-air refueling aircraft detailed

7d2ce1840521d37705d76b175bf4547f.jpg

ab40dc1b909eb2742b452596accada19.jpg

f1fbe1551047d7780dcf7ff18f085f75.jpg

6e20a204a1b833130dc978cc47e263e6.jpg

fa4b0373f7a4cead0b398d9fd84918cf.jpg

7f2efd084560ae593f09a0b2a5b4dd58.jpg

I've enclosed above some relevant data on the IL-78MK-90 transport aircraft that can be employed for both strategic airlift as well as aerial refuelling. This same platform will be hosting the PHALCON AEW & C mission management suite, and can also be equipped with a roof-mounted aerial refuelling probe. The aircraft's final assembly is presently being undertaken by Uzbekistan's Tashkent Aircraft Production Organisation, but Russia has now almost completed setting up a parallel assembly line at Voronez, which is where the four IL-78MKP-90 aerial refuelling tankers for the Pakistan Air Force will be assembled, as will the 38 IL-76MFs on order by China's PLA Air Force

TRISHUL: IL-78MKI-90 Detailed

Last edited:
no my friend u cant that is why iam asking u people to go and see by ur self!!!:argh::woot::woot:

Airbus mare bahi i was talking about pic's of the airbus tanker aircraft if anyone has boss thx :cheers: :agree:

Thx imran ! so is there any chace of us getting this airbus (tanker) ?

Just In Time...

Thank you, thank you, thank you...

Attachments

• Munir.jpg
    Munir.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Thx imran ! so is there any chace of us getting this airbus (tanker) ?

i get some important info abut boing 330 it can refule all tipe of planes like f-16 jf-17 j-10 why not we get that one its mullty use plane i am realy afread why not paf go for them if some on need to see

just see on you tube pakistan air force 2008 refale its with both systems hose and stick :undecided:

Assalamu Alaikum.

Sir Imran,

If I may humbly adjust what you have written: the A330 MRTT is an Airbus product, not a Boeing product (it will be jointly produced by Airbus [EADS] and Northrop Grumman in the US). It would be economically impractical for the manufacturers of the JF-17 and the J-10 to completely reconfigure their aircraft to allow for the use of a boom system of refueling.

However, if Pakistan were to get an aircraft along the lines of the A330 MRTT, then perhaps, as France and maybe even as the Luftwaffe of Germany do it, the A330 MRTT could be equiped with the main boom along with wingtip pods that are capable of refueling using the hose and drogue system.

Wasalam,

Falcone

Here is a picture of what I was talking about in my previous post.

This is a picture of a Royal Australian Air Force Airbus A330 MRTT with both hose and drogue pods under on the wingtips and the standard boom as well.

The picture is courtesy of defense-update.com

Falcone

Attachments

• australian_mrtt.jpg
    australian_mrtt.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 80
Thanks All Allah Al Mighty...its gr8 news for Pakistan and new step in increasing our defences.....now well need less AC to have the same CAP for our compitable AC....Force Multiplier....Can someone plz upload the pics from Karachi

Back
Top Bottom