What's new

Ukraine Prepares For War. Troops on High Alert

I think the Russians should not do anything now to provoke a war. It has already gained the control of Crimea unless it wants to take over East Ukraine
But if they do that I am SURE Nato will intervene militarily

Russians wouldn't have given up crimea. Its too important for them. And if the local pop. are with russians than Ukaraine should let it go. Better to lose territory than have disloyal citizens. Why didn't moscow negotiated the return of crimea upon the fall of USSR. Though putin is warmonger.

Russians wouldn't have given up crimea. Its too important for them. And if the local pop. are with russians than Ukaraine should let it go. Better to lose territory than have disloyal citizens. Why didn't moscow negotiated the return of crimea upon the fall of USSR. Though putin is warmonger.

Putin is a lesser warmonger comparing to usa and nato
Putin is doing the right things for Russia to avoid a territorial containment by nato

What after Ukraine?

Belarus!

Putin is a lesser warmonger comparing to usa and nato
Putin is doing the right things for Russia to avoid a territorial containment by nato

Yes from the national interest POV putin is right but from a humanitarian and moral POV Ukaranians r correct for kicking out the despotic pro-russian regime. Its better to hav a divided ukaraine IMHO. Russia would never give up crimea. Its too strategically precious for them.

Yes from the national interest POV putin is right but from a humanitarian and moral POV Ukaranians r correct for kicking out the despotic pro-russian regime. Its better to hav a divided ukaraine IMHO. Russia would never give up crimea. Its too strategically precious for them.

Crimea's past is history now Russia is in control of it and it has an ethnic Russian majority
Ukraine was not too long ago ruled by the orange party which is pro-west
do you know what has happened to them?

Ukraine is a country walking on a thin line
You cannot afford to piss either Russia or EU off!

ps I dont regard the usa and nato are holding a higher moral or humanitarian ground over the Russians
usa and nato have their own agenda

Last edited:
Crimea's past is history now Russia is in control of it and it has an ethnic Russian majority
Ukraine is not too long ago ruled by the orange party which is pro-west
do you know what has happened to them?

Ukraine is a country walking on a thin line
You cannot afford to piss either Russia or EU off!

A divided ukarine without eastern russian speaking territories will be pro-EU/NATO. RUssia can keep the eastern half. But yeah due to the gas pipelines EU won't piss of russia but western ukaraine can escape from russian nose-poking.

That's right but that's not even their biggest problem.Their problem is @vostok llike traitors.Imagine going to war and suddenly the man next to you turns to be a traitor.The flank falls and so on and it can lead to a rout,low moral.
If so, they're so screwed unless America does sth to bail Ukrain out, and even that is very unlikely.

A divided ukarine without eastern russian speaking territories will be pro-EU/NATO. RUssia can keep the eastern half. But yeah due to the gas pipelines EU won't piss of russia but western ukaraine can escape from russian nose-poking.

I am not seeing the Ukraine proper is to be split up unless Russians turn really aggressive then a true war between Russia + Nato will break out like I said in my post above

What after Ukraine?

Belarus!

Belarus is already pro-russian. Btw many republics of former USSR didn't join of their own free will and were forcefully annexed before and after WII by that loon stalin. Those who despised USSR today are anti-russia eg. latavia, georgia, most central asian republics etc. Poland is very anti-russian. Crimea was tartar muslim majority before stalin did a ehtnic cleansing. While ukaraine is multi ethnic and always was a problem. There is no reason why ethnic russian shouldn't long to get back with power russia with whom they have a common culture and history while it doesn't make sense for ethnic ukaranians and other monirites to accept RUssian dictation after getting independent from USSR. Thus a divided ukaraine is better for all IMHO. Russia will still remain the dominant power in E.europe.

I am not seeing the Ukraine proper is to be split up unless Russians turn really aggressive then a true war between Russia + Nato will break out like I said in my post above

Russia is already in control of crimea. Ukaraine can be further devided (it already is) by russia without a full fledged war. Ukaraine and Nato would simply keep mum IMHO.

Reports coming in that the Ukranian Sevestapol Naval HQ is under assault by Russian forces ...unconfirmed news

Russia has legit reason's to be in Crimea both on a military level and also on a personal issue with a large pro-Russian populous living in that region.

Belarus is already pro-russian. Btw many republics of former USSR didn't join of their own free will and were forcefully annexed before and after WII by that loon stalin. Those who despised USSR today are anti-russia eg. latavia, georgia, most central asian republics etc. Crimea was tartar muslim majority before stalin did a ehtnic cleansing. While ukaraine is multi ethnic and always was a problem. There is not reason why ethnic russian shouldn't long to get back with power russia with whom they have a common culture and history while it doesn't make sense for ethnic ukaranians and other monirites to accept RUssian dictation after getting independent from USSR. Thus a divided ukaraine is better for all IMHO. Russia will still remain the dominant power in E.europe.
Russia is already in control of crimea. Ukaraine can be further devided (it already is) by russia without a full fledged war. Ukaraine and Nato would simply keep mum IMHO.

I dont think Ukraine or nato would like to see eastern Ukraine to be taken over by Russia without a bloody war
So the Ukrainian fiasco will be ended up like Georgia - with a Russian flag tightly pegs in the northern part of Georgia, in Ukraine, their flag be planted in Crimea

Belarus is one of the staunchest supporter of Russia but usa and nato have plenty of cunning tricks in thelr sleeves

Just want to throw in one word: Ukraine is another example of failed democracy.

A country with no consensus on fundamental issues of the country and with too much external influence instead of its own independent core culture (in this case, for example, Ukraine should be more EU or Russian) will in general only suffer from adopting democracy.

Free of foreign influence is one of the prerequisites of being a healthy democracy.

Back
Top Bottom