What's new

"UNDERTAKER" WIN'S WWE ROYAL RUMBLE 2007!

genmirajborgza786

PDF VETERAN
Reaction score
Country
Canada
http://www.wwe.com/shows/royalrumble/photos/

Undertaker outlasts Michaels, champs retain at Royal Rumble JAMES BISSON
1 hour, 35 minutes ago

(CP) - World Wrestling Entertainment's resident dead man is walking into a title match at Wrestlemania 23.

The Undertaker outlasted 29 other superstars Sunday night to win the marquee event at the Royal Rumble in San Antonio, earning a shot at a main-event title challenge at Wrestlemania 23 in Detroit on April 1.

The Undertaker, a 19-year WWE veteran, earned the victory in the Rumble's 20th edition, defeating hometown hero Shawn Michaels by dodging his chin kick before propelling him out of the ring. The Undertaker stood in the ring for several minutes afterwards, still dazed after taking a pair of vicious chair shots to the head earlier in the match.

Michaels, who was looking for his record-tying third Royal Rumble victory, sat on the outside, head in his hands. Michaels had reduced the field to two by eliminating both members of the tag team Rated RKO - Randy Orton and Toronto native Edge, who entered at No. 5 and lasted all the way to the final four.

The Royal Rumble match is unique to WWE - 30 men enter the ring in 90-second intervals, and wrestlers can only be eliminated by being tossed over the top rope.

Sunday's biggest menace was The Great Khali, who eliminated seven men consecutively, including Edmonton native Chris Benoit. Khali, at seven-foot-three and 410 pounds, then went toe-to-toe with the six-foot-10, 320-pound Undertaker and was promptly clotheslined out of the ring.

Mike "The Miz" Mizanin - a graduate of the now-defunct WWE reality show Tough Enough - had the dubious distinction of being this year's quickest elimination. He hit the ring running, and four seconds later, he hit the floor courtesy of a Khali two-handed toss.

All three champions successfully defended their titles: WWE champion John Cena defeated Umaga in a Last Man Standing match, world heavyweight champion Batista got the better of the loudmouthed Mr. Kennedy, and ECW champion Bobby Lashley cruised past Test, also known as Toronto native Andrew Martin.

Cena, drawing an equal number of cheers and boos from the over 16,000 fans at the AT&T Center, escaped with a win over The Samoan Bulldozer, despite being dominated for most of the match. Umaga busted Cena open by squashing his face on the ring steps, and Cena bled out for the majority of the match.

Cena earned the win after Umaga's manager, Armando Alejandro Estrada, dismantled the ring ropes. His client failed to take advantage, and Cena choked out the 360-pound Umaga until he couldn't answer the referee's 10-count.

Batista struggled against the brash Kennedy, who worked over the former bodybuilder's left leg with a variety of well-placed kicks and submission moves. But Batista's strength was too much for Kennedy to overcome, and the champion subdued his opponent with an emphatic power bomb.

Lashley and Test provided the stinker of the night, exchanging underwhelming punches and clotheslines before Lashley knocked Test out of the ring. With the count reaching nine, Test opted not to return to the apron, handing Lashley a countout victory that sent the crowd into full boo mode.

In Sunday's other match, The Hardys (Matt and Jeff) defeated MNM (Johnny Nitro and Joey Mercury) in an entertaining tag-team tilt. Jeff earned the win over Nitro, successfully hitting a Swanton - a somersault splash - from the top rope.

Notes: Undertaker is the first man to win the Rumble from the No. 30 spot. a The first Royal Rumble was held in 1988 in Hamilton. (Hacksaw) Jim Duggan won that match, eliminating runner-up One Man Gang. a The Rumble match featured 13 wrestlers from RAW, 10 from Smackdown and 7 from the ECW brand.

Average (0 votes)
» Recommended Stories
CanadaAdd headlines to your personalized My Yahoo! page
(About My Yahoo! and RSS)
Entertainment - Canadian Press

YAHOO! NEWS

well shawn is a briliant fighter but undertaker is just too big 6'10 but undertaker vs batista would be one heck of a match

well shawn is a briliant fighter but undertaker is just too big 6'10 but undertaker vs batista would be one heck of a match

Yes but it's called "sports entertainment" and they decide the results before the "match" starts. Or in other words it's NOT REAL....... Undertaker won the thing when whoever scheduled these things put a tick next to his name instead of the other guy. Probably a few months ago:lol:

Yes but it's called "sports entertainment" and they decide the results before the "match" starts. Or in other words it's NOT REAL....... Undertaker won the thing when whoever scheduled these things put a tick next to his name instead of the other guy. Probably a few months ago:lol:

I can't belive, still people watch it in Pakistan.

or may be its a way to hide things to watch ladies wrestling:P :rofl:

Under aged screw ups should be banned in PFF!!! :army:

I used to watch it religiously... Thank god grew out of it :D

Lol I had adopted a look exactly like The Rock, and could do a pretty good Rock accent.

Alright so y'all better just know your roles and shut your mouth from now on.

I loved The Rock when i was about 10! And really dug the Kane, Undertaker and Rock alliance against Tripple H and the McMahon's. It was good back then but fags now like Randy Orton have spoiled it bad. It's really too over.

I used to watch it religiously... Thank god grew out of it :D

Lol I had adopted a look exactly like The Rock, and could do a pretty good Rock accent.

Alright so y'all better just know your roles and shut your mouth from now on.

sir ji :army: ji sir meine soongh liya jo khana apne pakaya sir:army:

even i dont like it now spacialy all those ladies matche,s that they put on it these days however i was once a realy big time wwf fan and my all time fav was bret the hitman hart i still cant belive when i met him personaly at an autograph session in misississauga "pizza pizza" my home town i even shaked his hand i saw the rock in a match in torontos skydome he,s realy witty but i think that the match between taker and batista will be a good one for just entertainment taker at 6'10 325 pounds batista at 6'5 305 pounds at wrestlemania this one should be a good one.

yes janbaaz even i liked "HHH" & the mc mahons one though i realy liked "HHH" vs batista one

Guys enjoy the spectacle if you must, But please stop using terms like "match" as it is all fixed........................

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom