What's new

UNGA speech: Nawaz proposes 4-point peace initiative with India

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see this high risk approach anywhere other than vis-a-vis Pakistan. Other South Asian countries pose no significant security threat and if anything, relations have actually improved under this govt, especially with SL and Bangladesh. Pakistan is a special case. You can be nice, be reserved, be hesitant to state your position, be defensive-- you get appealing optics--the occasional bhaichara-- until something goes wrong which btw always does and it's back to square one. That is the tried and tested approach- the "low risk, low return" approach in your words. The other approach is to be firm, state your position clearly-- talk only if there is a meaningful agenda and cut down meaningless niceties. Is it a high risk approach? Perhaps! But what kind of risk are we talking about here? IMHO it is not a high risk approach but a pragmatic one.

This is not the thread for it but consider India's foreign policy in totality you would see the truth in my words. Diplomacy is very subtle art - you should not only look at things said but more importantly left unsaid.

This is not the thread for it but consider India's foreign policy in totality you would see the truth in my words. Diplomacy is very subtle art - you should not only look at things said but more importantly left unsaid.

Please expand that thought. Here or any place else.

That statement also means that India is toying with the dangerous possibility of conflict. Or that it is going for its ultimate endgame; use terrorism as the excuse to have the nukes removed, and then all out genocide via war in Pakistan. Sadly, Modi is truly turning out to be the monster I never believed he was( or is it that he is no longer anything more than a mere puppet head with his extremist cabal really pulling his strings?).. and making blood thirsty mongrels out of many Indians I never considered them to be.
Pity you feel that way, Sadly Modi is nowhere near your assumption. Forget about Modi or Indians, Try retrospecting what you are gonna do about the current situation of Pakistan. Everyone in this forum including you want someone to blame for the current state of Pakistan ( Obviously its India) . Feel really sorry for you guys.

India is not going to agree on this four point Process...

Ceasefire- Yes but conditional

Rest - No ... Kargil helped lot ... so it is hard fof us to trust again. ..Demilitarisation not going to happen..... Siachen -No... possible solution convert LoC/LaC into IB...

Would love to hear your thoughts in detail, if not here then some place else. I completely agree with you that diplomacy in general is very subtle, but not always. At times you have to be upfront about your position and I truly believe that we have long crossed the stage of subtle diplomacy when it comes to Pakistan.

Last edited:
Please expand that thought. Here or any place else.

It is nothing that you might not have noted -

1. Silence vis -a-vis Russia in UN and elsewhere - Very significant. There is lot more to it than it meets the eye.
2. China - Indian Foreign Policy is really stretching the limits of non alignment.
3. UK and Afganishtan - Similar approach, food for thought?
4. ME, Iran and Israel - Departure from the old paradigm. I would hold my comments until December,2015/January 2016
5. Nepal - Self Evident
6 Sri-Lanka - Self Evident.

India maybe commanding higher peaks on Siachin Glacier but how does this freezing glacier benefit India? Access to K2 and surrounding peaks has been blocked with Pakistan in control of Gyong la pass which overlooks towards Ladakh and Karakoram highway is too far from Siachen Glacier.
higher prosition will give tactical advantage in conflicts, ... other than that no benefit, for both the nation.

Lets just admit that it was a very comrehensive and great speech - Very well delivered. The ball is in India's court.
And India does know how to play that ball for six. Rather than cribbing in UN, NS should had let the NSA talk happened as per the agreed UFA agreement to establish and maintain the trust factor. NS is not a man of word. He is merely puppet in PA hand just like our MMS was earlier. India has learnt its lessons dealing with NS. Kargil, Parliament attacks are prime examples of how NS has lied earlier and have back tracked on his promises.

Anyways, talks can only happen if it is useful to both the parties and both the parties are able to get something out of it to present to their respective people. Just talking about Kashmir will jeopardize India;s position and not talking will jeopardize Pakistan's position. But terrorism is something which can be picked up first as both the nations are its victim. Second should be trade. Once these two are established and trust factor is established then more complex issues of Kashmir can be discussed. Without this, nothing gonna happen and this tu-tu-main-main will keep on happening for next 50 years.

welcome to reality.. :welcome:
12085060_763669837078513_1978163316_o.jpg

11261137_763669937078503_1724629685_o.jpg

US, UK, France support India’s permanent membership in UNSC - Livemint

Russia Assures India of Support on UN Security Council Permanent Seat

Livemint and NDTV HAHAHHAHAHAHA

but they're reporting the truth, or do you need this guy to go on Pakistan tv before you believe it ?
faisalrazaabidi152.jpg

better thn India bollywood dumm news :lol: "Khaali bhaanday bajatay rahtay hain"

Let's start by compensating pakistani families, they are also affected by Indian sponsored terrorism. Perpetrators are sitting in Indian civil and military bureaucracy.
Proof please. You NS has still not submitted any dossier suggesting India's involvement.

India should totally ignore mentioning Pakistan or Kashmir in the UN. There is no need to give undue importance to them.

It is nothing that you might not have noted -

1. Silence vis -a-vis Russia in UN and elsewhere - Very significant. There is lot more to it than it meets the eye.
2. China - Indian Foreign Policy is really stretching the limits of non alignment.
3. UK and Afganishtan - Similar approach, food for thought?

4. ME, Iran and Israel - Departure from the old paradigm. I would hold my comments until December,2015/January 2016
5. Nepal - Self Evident
6 Sri-Lanka - Self Evident
bold part in detail manner or open other thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom