What's new

Uniforms for Frontier Corps

Aray Bhai,

SHALWAR KAMEEZ is an all-weather combat proven attire!

Just ask the former Mujaheddin and now the Talibaans in Afghanistan kicking a modernly attired in shirt-trouser-bulletproof jacket laden US soldiers rear-end!!

how does a military uniform represent your culture? and what about the assault rifles you want them to be changed with swords to look more culture friendly?:undecided:
The gentleman Cadet at PMA who perform best is awarded with a Sword. Keeping up with the world is good thing but never forget where you came from and what your traditions are.

We have a saying here : Kawa chala hans ki chaal Apni bhi bhool geya.

Last edited:
In pantaloons one is bound like the letter 'A' and can not make an easy jump, kick or run. The poor performance of police has been mainly due to their uniform who are seen running like stamping the ground while are after an easy off culprit. The military pants are though bagy upto the most but even then are not as easy as shalvars.
The Yenicherees or Janissaries of Ottoman empire who were the best infantry for centuries, had been wearing the simple traditional dress having only the upper of red colour as the mark of the corps. Some people argue that if traditional dresses are to be worn then why not dhotis, langs and langoots etc. These are not traditional dresses but casual dresses of easy time just like a night pajama. Also to be noted that shalvar qamees is not a Pathan dress only but of the whole Central and South Asia. People who have neglected or abandoned the dress is just because of their sense of feeling themselves inferior being under the rule of British for upto eighty years. Some traditional dresses that do have some shortcomings may need be abandoned like King Babur writes about 'sarhi' that Indian women wear a strange dress wrapping two sheets around their body, but generally tradition has a great meaning and effect and is the pride of the nation[.

sorry to mention this i could not resist myself from speaking do you people think salwar kameez is a good uniform? i mean that makes no sense at all
there should be some standard atleast.

Even our women police have saree buddy, one must take it as a pride to wear the national dress... But police combat uniform is differant for Ladies...

Tradition has the importance. To follow others means to remain in extinction.

no palatable facts. kurta and salwar cannot be the uniform of any modern military organisation.no offence

Last edited:
33db0157e2e2c20e42c5192f5f7ce665.jpg

and i repeat its about morals and ethics not about clothing.

and i repeat its about morals and ethics not about clothing.

You are right Mr. Sam Bajva, the differences of Hindus and Muslims that had started by the time of Aurangzeb Alamgir had risen upto the extent that division of Sub Continent was inevitable by the time of Jinnah and Gandhi. Otherwise I prefer the 'Dhoti' and 'Daang' of Gandhi to the three piece suit and Cigar of Jinnah.

I think its more Islamic representation and naturally it bounds different regional background men in army with a sense of convince that they all are Muslims more then anything.

Furthermore there is no harm if they wear this dress as well (on some special days and ceremonies as mentioned by few members). So there is very nice balance one can see between bounding tradition and ever evolving modern combat gear or dress they also wear.

no palatable facts. kurta and salwar cannot be the uniform of any modern military organisation.no offence

No palatable facts about what?

So far I have seen no 'palatable facts' against wearing the Shalwar kamiz as a combat or ceremonial dress.

As pointed out previously, the loose nature of the clothing in fact allows for great freedom of movement - without the threat of falling off (ala a dhoti or lungi) in mid combat and defeating your enemies by virtue of the fact that they were too busy laughing their heads off instead of defending themselves.

I think Pakistani members have offered several cultural and comfort/freedom of movement reasons as to why the Shalwar Kamiz is not a bad choice for ceremonial and combat dress - you have offered none other than the fact that 'I don't like it'.

Aray Bhai,

SHALWAR KAMEEZ is an all-weather combat proven attire!

Just ask the former Mujaheddin and now the Talibaans in Afghanistan kicking a modernly attired in shirt-trouser-bulletproof jacket laden US soldiers rear-end!!

lolzzzz @ former Mujaheddin and now Talibaan.. good shot..
:sniper:

Back
Top Bottom